Do you think tuition fees should be abolished or not?

Do you think tuition fees should be abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

iskufilann

inactive.
I personally believe it should be abolished and universities should allow students from low-income families to study without having to worry about the fees. Many students are at disadvantage with the cost of living and other circumstances.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Yes there is no reason for tuition fees. We should not limit people for their economical background. Anyone who has the passion to study should have the right.

iskufilann

inactive.
Yes there is no reason for tuition fees. We should not limit people for their economical background. Anyone who has the passion to study should have the right.
I agree. It is absolutely useless in my opinion. Now in the UK, they're planning to raise it to ยฃ9,250.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
I payed hundreds in tuition fees alone and a further ยฃ350 just to retake an exam ages ago.
So about ยฃ700 for a 16 Yr old to retake an exam.

And the fact I passed by 2 marks as well, the prayers payed off

iskufilann

inactive.
I payed hundreds in tuition fees alone and a further ยฃ350 just to retake an exam ages ago.
So about ยฃ700 for a 16 Yr old to retake an exam.

And the fact I passed by 2 marks as well, the prayers payed off
Retaking examinations is money? Now I think it's free I'm guessing as there is a new law that passed if you do fail any examinations (GCSEs and A-Levels) then you need to retake them till you pass and the cost is covered by the government. Also congratulationss!! <3

Khaemwaset

VIP
Retaking examinations is money? Now I think it's free I'm guessing as there is a new law that passed if you do fail any examinations (GCSEs and A-Levels) then you need to retake them till you pass and the cost is covered by the government. Also congratulationss!! <3
Yes it's covered by the government during the summer exam season.
However i wanted to do the November exams since it was only a few months after my first attempt to It was easier for me to revise but I had to pay money for it since my college only covered the costs if you got only ten marks off the pass but I had failed by 16 marks.
Also thanks :salute:

iskufilann

inactive.
Yes it's covered by the government during the summer exam season.
However i wanted to do the November exams since it was only a few months after my first attempt to It was easier for me to revise but I had to pay money for it since my college only covered the costs if you got only ten marks off the pass but I had failed by 16 marks.
Also thanks :salute:
Oh that makes sense. I heard November resits are much more easier than the Summer examinations. Atleast you received the chance to resit them. I know plenty of people who "flopped" and then did not bother to re-do them:yloezpe:

Khaemwaset

VIP

Khaemwaset

VIP
Oh that makes sense. I heard November resits are much more easier than the Summer examinations. Atleast you received the chance to resit them. I know plenty of people who "flopped" and then did not bother to re-do them:yloezpe:
I personally know many who are about to be 18 and retaking. I don't violate them cause I know how it's like to keep failing.

iskufilann

inactive.
I would only do it for things like nursing, surgeon, programmers ect.
Things useful for society.

But those rainbow haired people in the arts can pay for themselves
Yeah I agree. I don't understand how someone can pursue a degree in art and dedicate their whole life to it.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Yeah I agree. I don't understand how someone can pursue a degree in art and dedicate their whole life to it.
Most of these art students and "gender studies" are just liberal upper class white people with daddy's money to mess around in college for a couple years

iskufilann

inactive.
I personally know many who are about to be 18 and retaking. I don't violate them cause I know how it's like to keep failing.
Yes! People give up once they fail but at the same time they need to remember that it's a learning curve. Successful people failed and flopped multiple times and at the end, they become billionaires.

In my school district anyone was capable of going to community college for free than transferring to a four year if they had decent grades. It's extremely easy in the US to go to college

I would only do it for things like nursing, surgeon, programmers ect.
Things useful for society.
Exactly, for only Sci. & Engineering.
I concur with your statement. But remember in this world and society today, we need everything. Whether they're studying something that will help the future or not.
Indeed, but let me ask: how does 5 years of studying Eng. Lit. help us vis-a-vis AI?

iskufilann

inactive.
Most of these art students and "gender studies" are just liberal upper class white people with daddy's money to mess around in college for a couple years
Most upper class "white" people study English Literature, Art or Classical Studies in University.

iskufilann

inactive.
Exactly, for only Sci. & Engineering.

Indeed, but let me ask: how does 5 years of studying Eng. Lit. help us vis-a-vis AI?
English Literature can take you somewhere. It introduces change and innovation! I understand where you are coming from though, it is often portrayed as a useless degree, which hardly contributes to the world today. But degrees such as "Art" and "Classical Studies" are a waste of time in my opinion and therefore should be money for those who are willing to spend 3 years of their life studying it.

iskufilann

inactive.
In my school district anyone was capable of going to community college for free than transferring to a four year if they had decent grades. It's extremely easy in the US to go to college
It really does seem easy in the US. It's not like the UK. Quick question, before you get sent to a community college, do you have to sit an examination that will determine whether you'll get accepted in that particular college or not?

Trending

Latest posts