Do you think tuition fees should be abolished or not?

Do you think tuition fees should be abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
English Literature can take you somewhere. It introduces change and innovation! I understand where you are coming from though, it is often portrayed as a useless degree, which hardly contributes to the world today. But degrees such as "Art" and "Classical Studies" are a waste of time in my opinion and therefore should be money for those who are willing to spend 3 years of their life studying it.
Yes, we are always going to have natural literari gifted in poetry, be it prose or verse, but I think we should not waste time & resources in manufacturing literature guru etc.

iskufilann

inactive.
Yes, we are always going to have natural literari gifted in poetry, be it prose or verse, but I think we should not waste time manufacturing literature guru etc.
Now I fully agree lol! Personally speaking, more young students should enrol themselves in a degree that will contribute to Science and other specialities, which are known to help individuals and the world today. They should advertise and promote these degrees rather than promoting useless degrees.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
It really does seem easy in the US. It's not like the UK. Quick question, before you get sent to a community college, do you have to sit an examination that will determine whether you'll get accepted in that particular college or not?
How hard is it to get to a decent uni in London? I'm in first year of AS levels and just took the time to do retakes and get better grades on my gcse like maths so I will just dip my 2nd year as level for some A levels in something like computer science next year inshallah

Now I fully agree lol! Personally speaking, more young students should enrol themselves in a degree that will contribute to Science and other specialities, which are known to help individuals and the world today. They should advertise and promote these degrees rather than promoting useless degrees.
The focus in education in the 21st century is upon: wisdom, a type of knowledge that which advances human civilisation; anything beyond that could be attained by way of acquiring by self.

iskufilann

inactive.
How hard is it to get to a decent uni in London? I'm in first year of AS levels and just took the time to do retakes and get better grades on my gcse like maths so I will just dip my 2nd year as level for some A levels in something like computer science next year inshallah
I am not from London but here in Leicester, it's quite competitive to be accepted in the course you want to study. Once again, it depends on the course! So you will use these retake grades when applying for universities and your predicted A-Level grades which your teachers will give you. I remember when I applied for London Universities, it was extremely hard to get into. I applied for King's College and Imperial College London. My advice is that if you have the correct GCSE and A-Level grades, you will definitely get a place in the university you want to go to. What A-Levels are you planning to take? Any ideas what you want to do in University?

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

VIP
I am not from London but here in Leicester, it's quite competitive to be accepted in the course you want to study. Once again, it depends on the course! So you will use these retake grades when applying for universities and your predicted A-Level grades which your teachers will give you. I remember when I applied for London University, it was extremely hard to get into. I applied for King's College and Imperial College London. My advice is that if you have the correct GCSE and A-Level grades, you will definitely get a place in the university you want to go to. What A-Levels are you planning to take? Any ideas what you want to do in University?
Hopefully I can try get core maths, computer science and idk about the 3rd yet

Khaemwaset

VIP
I did Core Maths but I did that as an AS Level. Do you enjoy Maths? If so, why don't you take it with Computer Science as they are both similar.
I don't enjoy it but I spent months doing math tuition 3 hours a day/ 6 days a week for 4 months so I can manage.

I don't even like school but the future money is what motivated me to fix up my grades

It really does seem easy in the US. It's not like the UK. Quick question, before you get sent to a community college, do you have to sit an examination that will determine whether you'll get accepted in that particular college or not?
Nope
For my high school you had to have a 2.5 GPA (mainly C's) and some community service to get accepted

iskufilann

inactive.
I don't enjoy it but I spent months doing math tuition 3 hours a day/ 6 days a week for 4 months so I can manage.

I don't even like school but the future money is what motivated me to fix up my grades
I understand man. I was never a fan of Maths. Some topics I could not stand but had to do it because of GCSEs. Have you looked into Physics? I did that and it was not really bad. I got told it was "full of maths" but it only contains 20%

It’s really easy to get into a community college. Most if not all have no requirements. Just that you have a High School certificate if not you do a GED.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I understand man. I was never a fan of Maths. Some topics I could not stand but had to do it because of GCSEs. Have you looked into Physics? I did that and it was not really bad. I got told it was "full of maths" but it only contains 20%
I will see what physics is like. From my secondary days, it was my weakest in the sciences.
I made my way from bottom set in all subjects in year 8, to top set maths and science in year 9-11 before I started to become tired of school and procrastinated all day. I got so little sleep I barely remember the last 4 months of my school. :jcoleno:

So I had to be moved down to foundation tier but somehow I passed physics.

iskufilann

inactive.
I will see what physics is like. From my secondary days, it was my weakest in the sciences.
I made my way from bottom set in all subjects in year 8, to top set maths and science in year 9-11 before I started to become tired of school and procrastinated all day. I got so little sleep I barely remember the last 4 months of my school. :jcoleno:

Many people dislike Physics loool because it requires logical and problem solving skills. I enjoyed that more than Biology. I hated Biology with all my heart:deadpeter:

Wow, C's only.. Interesting. So the GPA I believe comes from the examinations you do right?
Nah it comes from classes you take. Most high school classes are only 50% examinations while the rest are coursework/quizzes
The only standardized tests we have are either the ACT/SAT but it doesn't really matter that much if you have a high GPA

Khaemwaset

VIP
Many people dislike Physics loool because it requires logical and problem solving skills. I enjoyed that more than Biology. I hated Biology with all my heart:deadpeter:
Lol for me it was the opposite, I was best and I loved biology classes and despised physics.

I made my way from bottom set in all subjects in year 8, to top set maths and science in year 9-11 before I started to become tired of school and procrastinated all day. I got so little sleep I barely remember the last 4 months of my school.

You are rather clever in your thinking, rational, and I would have thought logic in maths would have been quite easier for you to grasp; were you not applying yourself in your homework, and revisions? Or were you on fb & yt all day long as if homework would sort itself out?

Khaemwaset

VIP
You are rather clever in your thinking, rational, and I would have thought logic in maths would have been quite easier for you to grasp; were you not applying yourself in your homework, and revisions? Or were you on fb & yt all day long as if homework would sort itself out?
Don't call me out like that walaal.
I was top set maths but then I slipped off cause I became un motivated and didn't revise. I've been making good progress on getting my maths foundation teir qualifications and will get my higher teir one this summer exam season inshallah

Khaemwaset

VIP
@iskufilann what if your parents don’t earn enough. Is there any system in the uk that will pay for underprivileged students other than loans?
Yeah it's called bursary.
In college they will give you a amount of money every day depending on your financial situation to buy food and there is also free laptops you can be loaned

Trending

Latest posts