What are we

• A mix of Sub-Saharan and Middle Eastern

Votes: 45 28.7%
  • A pure race indigenous to East Africa

Votes: 112 71.3%

• Total voters

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Try mixing a Kenyan and an Arab together, see if they will produce Somali looking offspring. Hint, they won't.

Somalis are ancient mix 1000s yrs ago. after all those 1000s of yrs I guess is valid to call us pure but our origin is not. you can simply see from the population,,almost every race is there.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
No but if the offspring marries a Kenyan then its a bit darker complexion and might look Somali

Nah, the bantu bone structures often survives when they mix with others. Large nose, head shape, hair, etc. Someone who's half arab-half Kenyan will still look very black, minus the skin color.

My point is Somalis must then be from a unique stock.

Nah, the bantu bone structures often survives when they mix with others. Large nose, head shape, hair, etc. Someone who's half arab-half Kenyan will still look very black, minus the skin color.

My point is Somalis must then be from a unique stock.

Lots of mixed race offspring look Somali after a few generations, its also a matter of diet and climate.

Were not that especially looking. Its hard to get a Scandi look or West African by mixing, but other physical appearances can be achieved with mixing.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Lots of mixed race offspring look Somali after a few generations, its also a matter of diet and climate.

Were not that especially looking. Its hard to get a Scandi look or West African by mixing, but other physical appearances can be achieved with mixing.

My point is, to the people that claim we are a mix between bantus and Arabs, they are simply wrong, for the reasons i have given. Arab-Bantu mixes don't look especially Somali.

Somalis do indeed have a unique look. Not even Ethiopians look like us, although they come the closest.

Apollo

VIP
Try mixing a Kenyan and an Arab together, see if they will produce Somali looking offspring. Hint, they won't.

Somalis are an ancient mixture, it happened 5,000 years ago. These groups don't exist today.

Europeans are a mixture between European native Hunter-gatherers, Levantines Farmers, and Ukrainian-Central Asian Steppe peoples.

No race is pure if you go back far enough.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Somalis are an ancient mixture, it happened 5,000 years ago. These groups don't exist today.

Europeans are a mixture between European native Hunter-gatherers, Levantines Farmers, and Ukrainian-Central Asian Steppe peoples.

No race is pure if you go back far enough.

So it shouldn't matter then. Somalis are their own group, why should we be labeled as mixed when no race is pure?

Apollo

VIP
So it shouldn't matter then. Somalis are their own group, why should we be labeled as mixed when no race is pure?

Have a look at Somali mtDNA... what on earth did L0 and haplogroup M1a, N1a, I1, R0, K1a have to do with each other? Clearly separated for 100,000s years.

Separate different ancient races have contributed to Somalis.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Have a look at Somali mtDNA... what on earth did L0 and haplogroup M1a, N1a, I1, R0, K1a have to do with each other? Clearly separated for 100,000s years.

Separate different ancient races have contributed to Somalis.

You just said no race is pure. Whatever happened in ancient times is irrelevant today.

Apollo

VIP
Somalis do indeed have a unique look. Not even Ethiopians look like us, although they come the closest.

The difference between higherlander Ethiopians and Somalis is that highander Ethiopians/Eritreans have Omotic ancestry that Somalis don't (generally more broader features, stocky build, rougher hair) and Semitic Yemenite ancestry (why they are lighter and sometimes have hooked noses).

The rest (65%-85%) is the same.

You just said no race is pure. Whatever happened in ancient times is irrelevant today.

Euros are a mixture between different kinds of Eurasians.. Somalis are a mixture between pre-OOA and post-OOA groups. The genetic differences were much larger.

VIP
If yall don't understand this by now, u might not have the range. Please stop regurgitating topics, aabihiin wase.

I’ve heard multiple opinions regarding this subject, I personally think we’re a pure unique race aboriginal to the horn :fittytousand: khoisans look black and asian but they’re pure so I don’t see why we gotta be a different case, I’m not gonna let an cadaan or Madow that didn’t wash their xaar this morning tell me I’m mixed with bantu and arab :hillarybiz: I’ve seen half bantu half arabs they look nothing like us :idontlike: what do you guys think?
we are cushites hamites :gaasdrink: some would add Caucasians WHICH IS KINDA TRUE:yacadiim:BLACK CAUCASIANS HANOLADHAN:siilaanyosmile:

YES WE ARE BLACK.
NO WE ARE NOT NEGRO.
YES WE ARE A UNIQUE PEOPLE.
YES WE ARE THE ORIGINAL PEOPLE OF THE HORN AND THE ENTIRE EAST OF AFRICA

but most importantly

WE ARE SOMALI:farole:. NEVER FEEL THE NEED TO DOWNPLAY YOUR ETHNICITY TO FIT IN LIKE A LITTLE HOE:hillarybiz:, i see many somali youth feeling pressured to not refer to themselves as somali, and instead use the term BLACK

yes you are black(giving this refers to people who are indigenous to africa) :manny:BUT WE ARE SOMALI FIRST.

We r either an old Yemeni tribe re-located to Somalia or Egyptian refugee relocated in somalia

SO IF YOU ARE EVERY BUT SOMALI, then who are the native somali people?? :faysalwtf: did they go extinct or some shit:ileycry:

i can not stress enough how handicap that seems.

THIS IS AN INSULT TO THE SOMALI ETHNICITY, THE FACT THAT ANTI-SOMALI FOLKS ACT LIKE WE CAN NOT BE ORIGINAL LIKE WE HAVE TO BE A MIXTURE OF SOME BULLSHIT.

and naive somalis are playing into it by making up all these arab daddy clan myths

Y haplogroups imo ham A and B, Shem D and E, Japheth C and F. J’s brother haplogroup is I which is Japheth. Rothschilds like Jacob Rothschild are j2 and they are ashkenazi which is son of gomer the son of Japheth, so J cannot be Semitic. Rome is Esau because they have Haplogroup E but they worship Lucifer aka Sophia aka baphomet and established the Catholic Church the real black nobility. J1 are Samaritan jews imo. Haplogroup D are the Tibetan and they have book of the dead and and ancient Egyptians are E and they have a book of the dead. Also Afro Semitic or Afro asiatic are just that bene hashim or sons of ha’ Shem aka Hebrews.

The difference between higherlander Ethiopians and Somalis is that highander Ethiopians/Eritreans have Omotic ancestry that Somalis don't (generally more broader features, stocky build, rougher hair) and Semitic Yemenite ancestry (why they are lighter and sometimes have hooked noses).

The rest (65%-85%) is the same.

Euros are a mixture between different kinds of Eurasians.. Somalis are a mixture between pre-OOA and post-OOA groups. The genetic differences were much larger.

They mixed wih the ari and mota. Thats why they have strong kinky hair(example the weeknd). Somalis didnt mix with the omatics.

Modern-day Nilotes have 20%-40% West-Central African ancestry that Cushites don't have. They don't represent the ancestors of Somalis.
Didn’t nilo saharans originate from South Sudan? If we’re mixed wouldn’t it make more geographical sense for our african ancestry to be omotic or something since omotics are from the horn?

Apollo

VIP
Didn’t nilo saharans originate from South Sudan? If we’re mixed wouldn’t it make more geographical sense for our african ancestry to be omotic or something since omotics are from the horn?

Somalis are not native to the Horn. They are Neolithic migrants from Northeastern Sudan. E-M78 (the E1b1b version of Somalis) did not originate in the Horn but somewhere around Libya-North Sudan-Egypt area.

PS. Omotics never lived in Somalia. Only in the Ethiopian highlands.

About 40%+ of somlis are T or M:bell: Dont even get me started with the other haplogroups somalis carry:bell:
Doesn't mean we're Indian or mixed with them.

We share common ancient origins with indigenous Indians. Like these guys (who originate from Sudan 1000's of years ago):
jarwa.png

Most Indians are mix between these guys and Persian like people.

Doesn't mean we're Indian or mixed with them.

We share common ancient origins with indigenous Indians. Like these guys (who originate from Sudan 1000's of years ago):
jarwa.png

Most Indians are mix between these guys and Persian like people.

I’m not related to these monkeys uff:nahgirl:

Trending