Do you think Somalis are mixed or pure?

What are we

• A mix of Sub-Saharan and Middle Eastern

Votes: 45 28.7%
  • A pure race indigenous to East Africa

Votes: 112 71.3%

• Total voters
I’ve heard multiple opinions regarding this subject, I personally think we’re a pure unique race aboriginal to the horn :fittytousand: khoisans look black and asian but they’re pure so I don’t see why we gotta be a different case, I’m not gonna let an cadaan or Madow that didn’t wash their xaar this morning tell me I’m mixed with bantu and arab :hillarybiz: I’ve seen half bantu half arabs they look nothing like us :idontlike: what do you guys think?

Wallahi this is so embarrassing

Why can’t Somalis just be happy being somali?
None of us are mixed NONE

:mjlol: What’s this slave mentality

This topic has been ran to the ground.

Genetically we are the results of ancient East African + ancient West Eurasian back migrations, populations which don’t exist anymore. We stabilized to become Cushitic, one of the oldest groups in the world.

Fast forward to 2018 we’re viewed as Black Africans.

This topic has been ran to the ground.

Genetically we are the results of ancient Nilo-Saharan + ancient Eurasian back migrations, populations which don’t exist anymore. We stabilized to become Cushitic, one of the oldest groups in the world.

Fast forward to 2018 we’re viewed as Black Africans.
Got any sources?

Apollo

VIP
View attachment 52804

This is what the typical genetics report for a Somali looks like. We are indigenous East Africans!
This is what the typical Eritrean genetics looks like.
View attachment 52807
I think people mistake our origins for Eritreans and Sudanese people because we look similar to them. No one accuses Kenyans of the same thing.

You don't understand how the 23andMe algo works. It's misleading. For example: Indians who are a mixture between Indo-Aryans from Europe/West Asia and Andamanese/Australoids get 100% South Asian. They can manipulate anciently mixed groups into a pure race based on reference samples. Another example: Ashkenazi Jews get 100% Ashkenazi Jew on 23andMe.. this is not a race, but a manipulated category created by 23andMe themselves.

On the new algo (V5 and up users), Eritreans and Ethiopians are now over 80-90% Sub-Saharan because they got their own category.

About 40%+ of somlis are T or M:bell: Dont even get me started with the other haplogroups somalis carry:bell:

Haplogroup T1 originated in the Levant or Iran.

Haplogroup M1 entered Africa via Egypt and is connected to mtDNA U6 carried by Berbers.

Nothing to do with Indians, but perhaps something to do with Middle Easterners.

Got any sources?

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004393

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
If we were a mix of West African/Nilotics & Arab then we'd have extremely large noses that comes from both genetics.
:susp:

Modern-day Nilotes have 20%-40% West-Central African ancestry that Cushites don't have. They don't represent the ancestors of Somalis.

Modern-day Semites have 20% Armenian-Georgian-Iranian-linked ancestry that spread over the Middle East post-contact with proto-Cushites.

So, it's easy to explain. Modern populations =/= Ancient populations.

Somali are Kushites ( Reer Kooshin who came from North Sudan/Egypt).

After farming in Ethiopia for a while, they became different qoolos (age grades) and moved to settle the rivers, Jubba and Shabelle.

SOMAAL (the one who trades by selling cattle meat).

SAB (the one who sasab by cojuling large herds of cattle).

They were the progeny of Hiil Samale.

Those two groups shared the land with reer Gabooye (the one who is skilled hunting animals with arrows) and;

Boon or Boni (punties or hunter gatherers who lived by the sea shore).

Gabooye were controlling the North and their Kingdom was called Dhaami (till this day so Dhaami means to fetch water , signalling the oppressive nature of their state).

The pastoral and agro-pastoral amongst the Soomaal/Sab Hiil Samaale Kooshin became dominant over the Yibir,Gabooye and Puntites.

Yibir equals Kaahinites (magicians or
Cohenites).

Our physical appearances vary a lot so we can’t be that pure

The han Chinese basically look like clones, while I haven’t met two Somalis who look like each other

The country is very diverse, coastal areas can’t be pure

Last edited:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
This is what the typical Eritrean genetics looks like.
View attachment 52807
I think people mistake our origins for Eritreans and Sudanese people because we look similar to them. No one accuses Kenyans of the same thing.
I wonder what north African/Arabian in them hair looked like since I've never seen one eritrean in real life with naturally straight hair in my entire life.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Our physical appearances vary a lot so we can’t be that pure

The han Chinese basically look like clones, while I haven’t met two Somalis who look like each other

The country is very diverse, coastal areas can’t be pure
I think we're older than them so have more genetic variations

When is hunter x coming back?
It won’t be back anytime soon, the mangaka is always sickly and takes big breaks occasionally. Hopefully they make a second season, the wait is too long it’s been close to 4 years since it’s new adaptation ended.

Trending