Do you agree “ If Iman can be a model, any girl in Somalia can be a model”

They're bitter because their representation is Barkhad Abdi.Why don't they focus on improving their own image ? Somali women are known for our beauty worldwide but farahs on the other hand?
This made me crack up :cryinglaughsmiley:

men unlike women dont want or need a beauty representation though, (women really dont either) everyone and their mom knows how the average somali looks

Faan badanidaa Barkhad is 100x more handsome than gaajo Iman

giphy.gif

So why are the faraxs triggered on this thread ? It sounds like jealousy to me. :hemad:
I think its more of not really seeing the hype of models, and i agree with that, plus the amount of things modeling companies does to a person factored in with all the stress arguably makes them look worse than before

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Yes me too! I get anxiety when I see 19 year old GIRLS looking like they have 6 kids. What is sad is that no one says anything, while slim, normal weight women are told that they are "too skinny." I really wonder why no one is doing anything to combat this issue? What is also interesting is that once a girl is past 25, she should automatically gain weight and are shocked when she doesn't.

That makes sense but I think if she had been light skin she would've been fawned over 100%. But back then we were much more conservative and so I get why Somalis shunned her. But what I love about her is that she never ridiculed her people, and has an air of class. She is proud to be Somali. I love that.

I can relate to it because am UK size 8 upper body and size 10 lower body and Somalis find me skinny and think am not eating much they’re so used to girls being chubby and heavy when they see you they tell you to eat more lol. I find other people like cadaan, Arabs and Asians like petite girls they prefer girls that way and stare all the time. Somalis need to accept that girls should be slim before having kids, don’t bleach because that will make your look older with bad skin, cut down on heavy makeup and dress well. Am 5’3 so am not in anyway blessed like Iman but she’s just gorgeous from head to toe we need to cut down on unnecessary carbs and start eating more lean proteins and fats.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
No, I disagree not all Somali girl look like iman and most cannot even be her 3rd runner up today. Yes most Somali girls are beautiful but iman fits into a category/phenotype that’s actually kinda rare these days....it’s dying phenotype that you don’t often see anymore. Tall lanky chocolate dainty featured, giraffe necked xalimos are not the norm anymore, 40/50/60yrs ago she was definitely the average(maybe even below average xalimo)but not anymore. Now our average xalimo is short, often little chubbier and lighter skinned. Don’t believe me ask your hooyo to pull up photos from 70s and almost every other picture looked like iman x 10. Even faraxs looked better than too, but as expected war, poor diet, qurbo, mental instability and insecurity sure takes a toll on a fetus.

I think it's similar to what's happened with Faraaxs which people on this forum have noted with several threads including ones that go way back. Nutrition related. Somali women seem much more short, gracile and chubby featured to me nowadays. Very few of my female cousins and Somali acquaintances who are women resemble my mother when she was young, for example. She had a long neck, a defined jawline and generally more angular and robust features.

Yes me too! I get anxiety when I see 19 year old GIRLS looking like they have 6 kids. What is sad is that no one says anything, while slim, normal weight women are told that they are "too skinny." I really wonder why no one is doing anything to combat this issue? What is also interesting is that once a girl is past 25, she should automatically gain weight and are shocked when she doesn't.

That makes sense but I think if she had been light skin she would've been fawned over 100%. But back then we were much more conservative and so I get why Somalis shunned her. But what I love about her is that she never ridiculed her people, and has an air of class. She is proud to be Somali. I love that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
I think it's similar to what's happened with Faraaxs which people on this forum have noted with several threads including ones that go way back. Nutrition related. Somali women seem much more short, gracile and chubby featured to me nowadays. Very few of my female cousins and Somali acquaintances who are women resemble my mother when she was young, for example. She had a long neck, a defined jawline and generally more angular and robust features.

We need to do something about this ASAP epigenetics are no joke.

The modelling industry is terrible, like prostitutes and soldiers who sell their bodies for money.
Probably haram but wanted to point out there are different beauty standards back home hence why they probably don't think Imans that pretty but personally I think qalir is qurux unlike a growing few who think cayil is beautiful. Seriously could not be me :deadosama: :vqbuyv0:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
We need to do something about this ASAP epigenetics are no joke.

I think it can be reversed fairly quickly in a generation or two with proper nutrition so nothing permanent. Our ancestors seemed to maintain those taller, more robust features for centuries then it took just a few generations in the modern era for the current state of affairs to pop up. Not much different from what Weston A. Price noted with a lot of indigenous cultures once they adopted modern diets:

tHZIhVW.png
5yReZIF.png

Often took a single generation for that kind of degeneration to occur. But I'm quite confident from what I've seen anecdotally that the reverse will be similar much like this experiment with cats. Just feed your kids well, instill an awareness of health and healthy eating in them that they will in turn pass-on to their kids and lobby for a future, developing Somalia to have good nutritional guidelines and laws like going so far as to ban grain-fed meat or soy and corn fed chickens and sure as heck not advising people to follow "The Food Pyramid".

Alluring

Sayonara
You lot are beginning to piss me off. Your argument is that somali/black girls can only be pretty on Instagram but only white girls can be pretty on both insta and high fashion. What a bunch of selfhating, shit brained coons.

Here’s two white supermodels who are also attractive and your telling me there’s no Somali girl that compete with them?

How am I self hating? You are the one who wants chubby chicks with waist trainers, 20 pounds of makeup and korean wigs to walk simply because they seem attractive to you on instagram.

I would understand if you posted a picture of someone who actually has pretty facial features that actually suit that industry like

And then the pictures you use in comparison are of white chicks who spent 50,000 at Dr.Kim's office purchasing the features they want.

How am I self hating? You are the one who wants chubby chicks with waist trainers, 20 pounds of makeup and korean wigs to walk simply because they seem attractive to you on instagram.

I would understand if you posted a picture of someone who actually has pretty facial features that actually suit that industry like

And then the pictures you use in comparison are of white chicks who spent 50,000 at Dr.Kim's office purchasing the features they want.
So this whole time you knew exactly what I meant but just wanted to argue with me.

They're bitter because their representation is Barkhad Abdi.Why don't they focus on improving their own image ? Somali women are known for our beauty worldwide but farahs on the other hand?
The average Somali male does not look like Barkhad Abdi, so he doesn’t stop us from eating. The average Somali female does not look like Iman either so you can’t eat off of her. There are the same amount of attractive and unattractive Somali males and females wether y’all want to admit it or not.
:mjdontkno:

I think people usually assume in order to be a model you need to be really pretty. It has more to do with your body shape, height and making the clothes stand out. There are probably women who more beautiful that Naomi Campbell and Iman but they can’t walk and present the clothes the way they could.

I think it can be reversed fairly quickly in a generation or two with proper nutrition so nothing permanent. Our ancestors seemed to maintain those taller, more robust features for centuries then it took just a few generations in the modern era for the current state of affairs to pop up. Not much different from what Weston A. Price noted with a lot of indigenous cultures once they adopted modern diets:

tHZIhVW.png
5yReZIF.png

Often took a single generation for that kind of degeneration to occur. But I'm quite confident from what I've seen anecdotally that the reverse will be similar much like this experiment with cats. Just feed your kids well, instill an awareness of health and healthy eating in them that they will in turn pass-on to their kids and lobby for a future, developing Somalia to have good nutritional guidelines and laws like going so far as to ban grain-fed meat or soy and corn fed chickens and sure as heck not advising people to follow "The Food Pyramid".

Absolutely! White diet is inherently diseased, even throughout history Europeans carried the most diseases mainly and probably because of their diets(and lack of hygiene).Their diet is shit filled with carbs and sugar and low on all essential minerals. Even today, if you look at WHO stats white countries have the highest mortality rates due to preventable conditions like diabetes, cholesterol, heart attacks, cancer all are directly linked to what you eat. My grandma told me that people use to only eat meat(mostly goat & camel), milk and occasionally white rice with buttermilk in the badiyo before the war.

There are the same amount of attractive and unattractive Somali males and females wether y’all want to admit it or not.
:mjdontkno:

You wish donchu? Lol Somali males fall on the far lower end of attractiveness in the universal masculine beauty scale(lack of facial symmetry, lack of strong jawline, little to no muscle, skinny, severe widows peak etc) and Somali women on the higher end of female attractiveness. This is not even something to argue about it’s as clear as day. I can guarantee you most girls here have heard at some point in their lives from ajnabi person why Somali guys look so different and uglier compare to Somali females. So iska amuse.

Last edited:
You wish donchu? Lol Somali males fall on the far lower end of attractiveness in the universal masculine beauty scale(lack of facial symmetry, lack of strong jawline, little to no muscle, skinny, severe widows peak etc) and Somali women on the higher end of female attractiveness. This is not even something to argue about as it is as clear as day. I can guarantee you most girls here have heard at some point in their lives from ajnabi person why Somali guys look so different and uglier compare to Somali females. So iska amuse.
Xalimos are very lucky, they can hide their foreheads and receding hairline with hiijab, they also dress modestly so you can’t see how out of shape their body is, plus they wear tonnes of make up, don’t turn my thread into a gender war

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
You wish donchu? Lol Somali males fall on the far lower end of attractiveness in the universal masculine beauty scale(lack of facial symmetry, lack of strong jawline, little to no muscle, skinny, severe widows peak etc) and Somali women on the higher end of female attractiveness. This is not even something to argue about it’s as clear as day. I can guarantee you most girls here have heard at some point in their lives from ajnabi person why Somali guys look so different and uglier compare to Somali females. So iska amuse.
Why do you think this is the case? :cosbyhmm: