Do you agree “ If Iman can be a model, any girl in Somalia can be a model”

I remember I made a post about that before. 90% of the Somali models in the industry can’t hold a candle compared to real actual somali beauties. I remember they were all mid and some of them were actually ugly. And ofc no one would point that out because 1. they’re all about calling everyone beautiful and 2. They don’t realize that by putting these people up at the forefront of Somali beauty they’re practically admitting the most beautiful somali girls are mid tier or sometimes even ugly.

View attachment 165117
View attachment 165118

Seriously man, look at these 4 girls and tell me they’re pretty :draketf:

They are editorial high fashion pictures, therefore the makeup these girls are wearing are dark and exaggerated to fit a theme. Look at their bolded eyeliner and ridiculous outfits.

Lets be real, normal pictures of Halima Abdi and Ikram Abdi are not like that.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
They are editorial high fashion pictures, therefore the makeup these girls are wearing are dark and exaggerated to fit a theme. Look at their bolded eyeliner and ridiculous outfits.

Lets be real, normal pictures of Halima Abdi and Ikram Abdi are not like that.
lol no, look at the third girl in the vogue with the buttchin. No matter how many pounds of make up you put on her she will never be more than a 6/10 max.

@Hot Ballah

1db4e778777049ea8210d2ded3b18bd9.jpg

Sunday_Spa_Routine_Ikram_Abdi_Omar-homepage.jpg

Look how pretty they look when they are dressed like normal Somali girls with normal makeup.

Calling them ugly isn't fair as you need to take into account that they are styled a certain way by the magazines ect.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Hot Ballah

View attachment 165123

View attachment 165125

Look how pretty they look when they are dressed like normal Somali girls with normal makeup.

Calling them ugly isn't fair as you need to take into account that they are styled a certain way by the magazines ect.
I rate the first one, second one is slightly above average at best. And I didn't call them ugly, I called them mid. Only one of them was ugly lol.

I rate the first one, second one is slightly above average at best. And I didn't call them ugly, I called them mid. Only one of them was ugly lol.

Lol, i get where you are coming from.

Men are clueless when it comes to the modeling world. Its an industry controlled by gay men, therefore the whole point isn't for the women to look gorgeous, but to look like quirky clothes hangers.

Lets be real, with the right products/clothes and photographer those two can be made to look stunning, if that is how they look wearing regular makeup and hijab.

That's like saying anyone can sell drugs, it's a low hanging fruit.

Find work that provides constructive values and promotes healthy and real benefits. I have more respect for a driver or cleaner than them.

I remember I made a post about that before. 90% of the Somali models in the industry can’t hold a candle compared to real actual somali beauties. I remember they were all mid and some of them were actually ugly. And ofc no one would point that out because 1. they’re all about calling everyone beautiful and 2. They don’t realize that by putting these people up at the forefront of Somali beauty they’re practically admitting the most beautiful somali girls are mid tier or sometimes even ugly.

View attachment 165117
View attachment 165118

Seriously man, look at these 4 girls and tell me they’re pretty :draketf:
Sxb we are trying to elevate xalimos and they are digging their own grave.

If you show them ugly black models like the above they will say “oh supermodels aren’t suppose to be pretty”. Then you show them pretty white supermodels and they will say “no, wait those Somali girls ARE pretty”. You just can’t win. I posted one girl of insta, and they ran with it for 3 pages. It was an example of a pretty black face, not an entire supermodel package. Let them be misrepresented, it’s a good thing for us that most ajnabis think somali girls are ugly.

Sxb we are trying to elevate xalimos and they are digging their own grave.

If you show them ugly black models like the above they will say “oh supermodels aren’t suppose to be pretty”. Then you show them pretty white supermodels and they will say “no, wait those Somali girls ARE pretty”. You just can’t win. I posted one girl of insta, and they ran with it for 3 pages. It was an example of a pretty black face, not an entire supermodel package. Let them be misrepresented, it’s a good thing for us that most ajnabis think somali girls are ugly.

Looking at the picture I posted with Halima aden and Ikram looking normal do you think they are unattractive?

Looking at the picture I posted with Halima aden and Ikram looking normal do you think they are unattractive?
Some guys will find them attractive some won’t. Point is, these xalimos aren’t facially the peak of somali beauty. To me Halima aden looks like your typical auntie. Ikram is close but her nose is too big. If my job was to scout models I could easily find better. Ikram Abdi has been a model for years now and her insta following is 100k, I could get 100k with just a meme page.

Some guys will find them attractive some won’t. Point is, these xalimos aren’t facially the peak of somali beauty. To me Halima aden looks like your typical auntie. Ikram is close but her nose is too big. If my job was to scout models I could easily find better.

Beauty is subjective. So people are always going to complain. The other poster you qouted rated Halima highly yet thought Ikram was average.

:gaasdrink:

Also, adding Iman into the discussion isn't fair because when she was in her prime most people, white, black, Somali, ect found her gorgeous. She is an old woman now, but in her prime, she was highly rated.

I used to have an idea of what a pretty xalimo looks like but since I met @Angelina @Amirah @Alluring @hannah54321, my view has changed to this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lol, come on lets be serious here.

I don't find that girl attractive in the slightests. Plus we are talking about Somali models, not other madows.

You really want to compare her to Somali models like Iman you were coming for?

650f0775502d149582c15d26a7fa6d32.jpg

The best Nefertiti hands down!

Iman-Pantene-ad-1987-1-750x1047.jpg

Don't judge her for the hair and bushy brows, this was the 70s and 80s lol..

images (1).jpeg

iman1-1563984505.jpg

Look at her here. In her prime those Insta girls could never!

I think she is an amazing representation. Be honest.

Last edited:

I don't find that girl attractive in the slightests. Plus we are talking about Somali models.

View attachment 165130

View attachment 165131

Don't judge her for the hair, this was the 70s and 80s lol.

View attachment 165133

I think she was an amazing representation.

They're bitter because their representation is Barkhad Abdi.Why don't they focus on improving their own image ? Somali women are known for our beauty worldwide but farahs on the other hand?

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.

I don't find that girl attractive in the slightests. Plus we are talking about Somali models.

View attachment 165130

View attachment 165131

Don't judge her for the hair, this was the 70s and 80s lol.

View attachment 165133

I think she was an amazing representation.

Look at that neck, her chest measurements and symmetrical face she’s very attractive she’s the type upper class cadaan men (genetically perfect) like while black men prefer short and curvy.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
They're bitter because their representation is Barkhad Abdi.Why don't they focus on improving their own image ? Somali women are known for our beauty worldwide but farahs on the other hand?
lol who cares about farax beauty when we're blessed with bad es like you have stated madam :ufdup: i can be a 4 foot 11 90 kg bidaar suffering plub yet attain a 10/10 baddie with fat ass huge breasts & a bomb face xalimo. #BlessedToBeMali :banderas::salute:

I appreciate her beauty now more so than before. But my mom told me that Somalis weren’t really checking for her while everyone else was fawning all over her. To them she was just caadi.

My mum also told me the same thing as well. In our mothers days, being fat wasn't seen as a good thing. So i can imagine that they grew up seeing pretty and slim girls being the norm.

I have to admit, the reason why i'm so appreciative now is because we now have a culture of glorifying thickness and chubbiness and now we have a pandemic of 21 yr old women who are meant to be in their prime looking like habayars.

I appreciate her beauty now more so than before. But my mom told me that Somalis weren’t really checking for her while everyone else was fawning all over her. To them she was just caadi.

I think her profession and lifestyle choices she made turned many in the community away from her. I don't think it was her looks because she's so striking. I think people downplayed her for that reason.

That makes sense but I think if she had been light skin she would've been fawned over 100%. But back then we were much more conservative and so I get why Somalis shunned her. But what I love about her is that she never ridiculed her people, and has an air of class. She is proud to be Somali. I
love that.

I always admired Iman for her charity work in Somalia. She even went back to raise awareness at the height of the Civil War and continues to be an advocate. But this is overlooked by the community because of her modelling nude and marrying a gaal.

Trending