Do you agree “ If Iman can be a model, any girl in Somalia can be a model”

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hand on heart, your honestly telling me that the above thing is what the fashion industry is pushing as korean beauty and there is no agenda?

I swear the old lady at my local chinese takeaway looks better than her

Basically you believe that the modelling industry picks average black women compared to cadaans?
That’s ur argument right ?
In my industry I come accross a lot of Brazilians. Before I met them I always thought they had incredibly good looking women. When guys are often asked their type, brazilian is a common answer. Trust me these guys have never met a brazilian before. They’re women don’t go above 5’6, and they are all very average looking. No bunda. Manly body types. Kinda like how mexican women are portrait. Media is powerful abaayo, don’t allow hollywood to make average xalimos our top standard.

Alluring

Sayonara

hand on heart, your honestly telling me that the above thing is what the fashion industry is pushing as korean beauty and there is no agenda?

I swear the old lady at my local chinese takeaway looks better than her
What agenda? She has clear skin, near perfect facial symmetry and proportions, and a cute tom boyish haircut. Maybe the things we find beautiful are different.

Show me a picture of a somali girl you would want to represent us as a model?

What agenda? She has clear skin, near perfect facial symmetry and proportions, and a cute tom boyish haircut. Maybe the things we find beautiful are different.

Show me a picture of a somali girl you would want to represent us as a model?

face like this with a model height, not hard to find and it’s game over

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Nobody can touch Iman when it comes to looks, body and modeling forget Somalis even ajnabis, I don't know what people are thinking when they always try to compare Iman to the average Somali girl. Put some respect on her name, she's an icon. She paved the way for so many people including present day supermodels.

Alluring

Sayonara

She's pretty mashallah but this pretty much confirmed that you have no understanding of the modeling industry. I think the general public prefers instagram girls but many depend on makeup, facetune, lighting and filter although they are still gorgeous. They just don't fit modeling well imo but everyone has their own preferences

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
She's pretty mashallah but this pretty much confirmed that you have no understanding of the modeling industry. I think the general public prefers instagram girls but many depend on makeup, facetune, lighting and filter although they are still gorgeous. They just don't fit modeling well imo but everyone has their own preferences

African women yeeeeeeyeeeeee

I see what u mean
Ur preference is Instagram / pageant “princess” looking models .
Tbh most of the fashion people are gay men so their idea of beauty is different to straight men

“Instagram filter”
“No agenda”
“Beauty is subjective”

meanwhile:

I’m done with this thread.

Enjoy being disrespected and manipulated.

Iman considered her “unique” beauty to be typically Somali. She said she didn’t even understand the hype around her as she thought many people looked like her back in Somalia

Nobody can touch Iman when it comes to looks, body and modeling forget Somalis even ajnabis, I don't know what people are thinking when they always try to compare Iman to the average Somali girl. Put some respect on her name, she's an icon. She paved the way for so many people including present day supermodels.
:whoa: She said herself she always considered herself average looking in Somalia. The only reason she got famous was for her looks that was considered unique in the western world, who at the time, only saw Bantus/Niger Congo type Africans. So naturally she stood out to them. Easy with the bootlicking :pachah1:

Alluring

Sayonara
“Instagram filter”
“No agenda”
“Beauty is subjective”

meanwhile:

I’m done with this thread.

Enjoy being disrespected and manipulated.
I respect your point and understand that to you, this girl stands out in a bad way for whatever reason.

But, just be honest and admit that you want light girls with long wigs who can pass for ambiguous ethnicities to be the Somali models you want. That's fine, it's just a preference and that is inherently subjective and up to you.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.

This girl is only fit for Instagram modelling not the real world fashion industry. Designers don’t find short women with wide hips and too much contour makeup alluring for their catwalks they like 5’9 + with long necks and long legs this girl is too curvy and fake for them.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.

🤔

I like iman bc she minds her business , does charity work and was one of the first to create a makeup like for all skin types (before Rihanna )

View attachment 165068View attachment 165069View attachment 165070

Models nowadays are basic ( designers don’t want models that overpower their fashion )

No I don’t agree with it. Majority of Somali girls are overweight and Iman came from an era where being thin and brown skinned was considered standard beauty my mom told me that girls where watched how much they ate and drank little tea so they don’t lose their waistline now it’s the opposite they like being fat and over bleached.

Last edited:
Modelling industry does it on purpose, they pick ugly black woman like iman, naomi, tyra banks and pick incredibly pretty white models like gisele and adriana lima. Ofcourse black women then fall for it. They will never make a somali girl with a cute face become a supermodel.

I do agree that nowadays the modeling industry picks more “unique” looking black women. But Naomi and Iman are NOT ugly. If God asked me right now, who I’d like to look like, I’d right off of the top of my mind say Naomi Campbell.
2E0A6C20-2230-4EA7-A737-9A92A185B13F.jpeg
823986C0-C3E5-469E-A97F-2A7C4C446CF0.jpeg
CE9F8E12-5B33-4B78-83C1-5A298B50507B.jpeg

She was fucking gorgeous.

This girl is only fit for Instagram modelling not the real world fashion industry. Designers don’t find short women with wide hips and too much contour makeup alluring for their catwalks they like 5’9 + with long necks and long legs this girl is too curvy and fake for them.

She’s also got chubby checks. You’ve got to be chiseled to be in the high fashion model industry.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
I do agree that nowadays the modeling industry picks more “unique” looking black women. But Naomi and Iman are NOT ugly. If God asked me right now, who I’d like to look like, I’d right off of the top of my mind say Naomi Campbell. View attachment 165091View attachment 165092View attachment 165093

She was fucking gorgeous.

She’s gorgeous a lot famous men liked her, even Bono from U2 described her “A body handmade by God” because of her height, body shape and face she looks incredibly alluring something we don’t see these days rich men love these type of women.