Do we have a natural ally?

CALMONE20###

Roots in Somaliland + Somali Region ✝️
We should just try our best to absorb oromo into somali culture and society slowly and make them a part of us then there would be much of an issue. Also habesha would be shitting their pants over Somali-oromo marriage
But that's wrong because they have a unique culture. I think if we ally with our cushitic kin and fight against the Habesha,they would be shook.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
We should just try our best to absorb oromo into somali culture and society slowly and make them a part of us then there would be much of an issue. Also habesha would be shitting their pants over Somali-oromo marriage
We ain't obsorbing anyone and sully Somali culture? These people are determined to steal our land and I for one wIl not leave my descendants to deal with them, no soon enought they will come to Somaliweyen in droves and claim our land after 5-6 gen as a new 'Somali' clan it outright declare us genociders and the like.

True, Oromos will always go wherever we go. They are our young brother. If we could only come up with a plan to form an alliance; hey, there is an idea, what do you think of that?
i was just thinking this yesterday, they’re populated in cities somalis are the majority in (Toronto, Minneapolis & even London). don’t y’all find this annoying or at the very least weird? they’re not us and they should not assimilate themselves with us. they steal our culture, cultural clothes & lands! they are NOT our alies.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
But that's wrong because they have a unique culture. I think if we ally with our cushitic kin and fight against the Habesha,they would be shook.
Yes when I meant absorb I meant bringing oromo into our sphere of influence.
Just like Britain always comes to America's aid an vice versa.
Somalis should get oromo to come to their aid and vice versa

Khaemwaset

VIP
i was just thinking this yesterday, they’re populated in cities somalis are the majority in (Toronto, Minneapolis & even London). don’t y’all find this annoying or at the very least weird? they’re not us and they should not assimilate themselves with us.
I don't know why oromo follow somalis around but growing up I thought they were more in line with habeshas no?

Many somalis may already have oromo blood because we already successfully assimilated many oromos. Not assimilating groups makes them standalone groups that then begin to spread and encroach and then eventually demand power. Creating an us vs them. Making it easy for outsiders to use for there divide and conqueror tactics

CALMONE20###

But we should also be careful to not end up like Hararis.

i was just thinking this yesterday, they’re populated in cities somalis are the majority in (Toronto, Minneapolis & even London). don’t y’all find this annoying or at the very least weird? they’re not us and they should not assimilate themselves with us. they steal our culture, cultural clothes & lands! they are NOT our alies.
The tend to almost always move into neighbourhoods where Somalis reside, and do well as a result, which is very smart on their part.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I'm still planning on a grand somali expansion into madow weyn and Oromo could get a slice of the inland pie, perhaps Uganda in exchange for helping us take Kenya and tanzania :shaq:

CALMONE20###

Many somalis may already have oromo blood because we already successfully assimilated many oromos. Not assimilating groups makes them standalone groups that then begin to spread and encroach and then eventually demand power.
It's the other way around. The oromos that border somalis have somali blood due to some somalis being assimilated by them.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I thought they were distant relatives with Habashes too, it’s an obsession walahi, why are they so insistent on mixing with us?
The only reason oromo confederation exists is because the oromo migrated into different cushitic groups and absorbed them by intermarriage.
We already saw this happen with somalis on our Eastern frontier who are now oromo.
Walahi it feels weird having an argument with a hard-core Eastern oromo nationalist knowing he may possibly come from my Cisse clan and a distant relative to me :jcoleno:

It's the other way around. The oromos that border somalis have somali blood due to some somalis being assimilated by them.
Yes it went both way but you'll find a lot of people around somalia with oromo blood because they were taken in and assimilated. Its either we do the assimilating or we get assimilated. I would rather we go about doing the assimilation and making them adopt somali identity and drop the oromo one

CALMONE20###

I don't know why oromo follow somalis around but growing up I thought they were more in line with habeshas no?
They speak amharic however ,being cushitic ,they relate more to Afars and Somalis. Also ,the Amhara regime have tried to eradicate their culture and xabashise them.

Khaemwaset

VIP
They speak amharic however ,being cushitic ,they relate more to Afars and Somalis. Also ,the Amhara regime have tried to eradicate their culture and xabashise them.
Didn't habesha emperors ban oromo from speaking their language?

CALMONE20###

Didn't habesha emperors ban oromo from speaking their language?
Yes. This is what the Amhara regime do,they want to ban non ethiosemites from speaking their language and practising their culture. Funny thing is many amhara royalty have non xabashi blood (oromo).

Trending