Districts that joined Puntland post 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
@Factz You have to understand that most Darood live outside the borders while the opposite is true of Isaaq and Hawiye.

Dir is mostly outside the borders too but they aren't large to begin with.

XaajiXumbo

Always Venture, Always Win
@Bohol @Factz

This source includes Ethiopia and NFD.

Somalia has one major ethnic group, one language, and one religion. The existence of six major clans — Daarood (35 percent of the population), Hawiye (23 percent), Isaaq (23 percent), Digil and Rahanwayan (11 percent of the population) and the Dir (7 percent of the population).

screen-shot-2018-05-20-at-2-56-59-pm-png.45629

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/33/006.html
You folks are seriously underestimating the Hawiyes.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Bohol @Factz

This source includes Ethiopia and NFD.

Somalia has one major ethnic group, one language, and one religion. The existence of six major clans — Daarood (35 percent of the population), Hawiye (23 percent), Isaaq (23 percent), Digil and Rahanwayan (11 percent of the population) and the Dir (7 percent of the population).

screen-shot-2018-05-20-at-2-56-59-pm-png.45629

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/33/006.html

Scratching back of my head. My sources say Dir is 7% but @Bohol claims that's in Somalia. It also states Hawiye to be 25% in Somaliweyn.

I don't know but we need to do another survey today because most surveys about clans has been conducted in the 60's and maybe in the 80's.

I do know Darood also live outside of Somalia in large numbers but 35% is an over exaggeration.

Cumar

VIP
Scratching back of my head. My sources say Dir is 7% but @Bohol claims that's in Somalia. It also states Hawiye to be 25% in Somaliweyn.

I don't know but we need to do a survey today because most surveys about clans has been conducted in the 60's and maybe in the 80's.

I do know Darood also live outside of Somalia in large numbers but 35% is an over exaggeration.

It's not an exaggeration if you take into account the largest Darood subclan doesn't even in live within the borders for the most part but mostly in Ethiopia and Kenya.

Bohol

VIP
@Cumar @Factz it is simple. Darood are the largest population of all Somalis (35%) followed by Hawiye 25% (who are also the largest community in Somalia). So basically Hawiye are the majority within Somalia borders.

upload_2018-7-8_21-51-53.png

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
It's not an exaggeration if you take into account the largest Darood subclan doesn't even in live within the borders for the most part but mostly in Ethiopia and Kenya.

Darood are no doubt the majority but understand that their lands are not dense as Hawiye or Isaaq. Plus, Hawiye also lives in Somali region and NFD in large numbers. They are bigger than us Isaaq. We're not the same size.

Cumar

VIP
@Cumar @Factz it is simple. Darood are the largest population of all Somalis (35%) followed by Hawiye 25% (who are also the largest community in Somalia). So basically Hawiye are the majority within Somalia borders.

View attachment 49755

If Hawiye is larger than Isaaq it is not by much.

I don't wanna get into this argument but basically the gap between Darood and Hawiye is much larger than the gap between Hawiye and Isaaq.

screen-shot-2018-05-30-at-3-56-59-pm-png.46614

Darood -35%
Hawiye - 25%
Isaaq -22%

Bohol

VIP
@Cumar times changed though. I would say the real percentages of Hawiye population is underestimated. Benadir region alone is close to 2 million (while the entire Somaliland (including the Harti areas is estimated to be 3.5 million).

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Cumar times changed though. I would say the real percentages of Hawiye is underestimated. Benadir region alone is close to 2 million (while the entire Somaliland (including the Harti areas is estimated to be 3.5 million).

I would say during the civil war. After Darood and Hawiye were at each others throat, Isaaq were breeding like rabbits.

By the way, Benadir population is 2.7 million. Here: https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefw...timation-Survey-of-Somalia-PESS-2013-2014.pdf

Latest sources say that Somaliland population is more than 4 million.

@Cumar times changed though. I would say the real percentages of Hawiye population is underestimated. Benadir region alone is close to 2 million (while the entire Somaliland (including the Harti areas is estimated to be 3.5 million).
Mogadishu has many other non hawiye though.

Cumar

VIP
@Cumar times changed though. I would say the real percentages of Hawiye is underestimated. Benadir region alone is close to 2 million (while the entire Somaliland (including the Harti areas is estimated to be 3.5 million).

Interesting. How many of that is Bantus and cadcads though? Plus Daroods are present also. We have to remember south is more diverse than Sland.

Bohol

VIP
I would say during the civil war. After Darood and Hawiye were at each others throat, Isaaq were breeding like rabbits.

By the way, Benadir population is 2.7 million. Here: https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefw...timation-Survey-of-Somalia-PESS-2013-2014.pdf

Latest sources say that Somaliland population is more than 4 million.

2.7 million even worse. It is actually the other way round it is southerners that breed like rats despite wars they keep multiplying. It is common in the south to marry 2-3 wives.

Bohol

VIP
Interesting. How many of that is Bantus and cadcads though? Plus Daroods are present also. We have to remember south is more diverse than Sland.

Lol cadcad are tiny. However Bantu and Rahanweyne numbers indeed are big in Benadir however they are mostly IDPs. The city people are majority Hawiye.

What most of yall are forgetting is that the biggest darood clan lives outside Somalia lol, even hartis and marexan live outside Somalia.

To be honest sxb. If we're going to add Dir and Isaaq together. They would be the biggest Somali clan and even much bigger than Darood, forget Hawiye. Unless you take Isaaq out then ofcourse Dir is not bigger than Hawiye.
"much bigger" :ulyin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending