Did Somalis write with Sabean?

Calling people who disproved all your borderline retarded claims as β€œincels” is the real comedian shit around here 🀣
The fact that you think Zeila is a somali city shows how retarded you are πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Do you realize Zeila means romanticized in the arabic language? Tell me what Zeila means in af Somali? Don't run away Incel.

Last edited:
The fact that you think Zeila is a somali city shows you how retarded you are πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Do you realize Zeila means romanticized in the arabic language? Tell me what Zeila means in af Somali? Don't run away Incel.
1692859911081.png

Emir of Zayla

π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“ 𝖔𝖋 π•»π–”π–Šπ–™π–˜
You need to change your name to the emir of badiyo. Zeila is an Arabic city. Stop claiming ZeilaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Emir of Badiyo has a funny ring to it. That’ll be my alt account’s name 🀣

Emir of Zayla

You need to change your name to the emir of badiyo. Zeila is an Arabic city. Stop claiming ZeilaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Let’s say that Zeila was an Arabic city (no sources or proof but let’s say it was) Somalis still xooged them out of it so it’s still a Somali city 🀣

Let’s say that Zeila was an Arabic city (no sources or proof but let’s say it was) Somalis still xooged them out of it so it’s still a Somali city 🀣
We're still looking for the southern Arabs that lived on the northern coast for 2000 years. It seems that they didn't mix with the native population inland and dipped leaving their cities empty for Somalis πŸ€” It's a shame their numbers never grew over 2000 years...

@HabarSteven12
I see you edited your comment. I have provided numerous sources. You keep disregarding or ignoring them. It looks like you are struggling to comprehend complex academic literature.
No those are modern benadir folks who wrote books on the subject. I'm telling you to cite the source material they use for there hypothesis and what exactly that's based off. You can't just post book names from authors with clear biases I'm not gonna read all that nonsense I want the primary sources. They aren't sources. I could write a book today asserting the opposite that doesn't mean my work is a source.

I already agree that arabs had a presence and cultural influences and that's the only stuff you actually went out of your way to prove when I already agree. I'm asking for the proof that they actually founded somali coastal cites which so far only your statement backs that up. I haven't seen any academic literature cited by yourself on that point which is the main point of contention.

Last edited:
Yes it was exclusive for the ruiling religious class who were arabs not Somalis. Prior to the Italian colonial regime making Mogadishu a Capital and Somalia a republic, they collated the population of the city, they researched and studied the clan structure. They managed to record people based on their clans and identity. The documents are all there. The documents showed the Banadir people were the majority and they used Arabic scripts. I am not Benadiri. Somalis didn't even know how to write until 1972. They were primarily nomads who roamed around the desert.
Somalia as a state was never united there wasn't a single ruler for that statement to even make sense. There where multiple ruling classes across what is considered the greater somali region and writing in the Arabic script was present in all the different states. Mogadishu wasn't the capital. There was no somali capital since there was no unified somalia.

My family weren't Nomad and there are documents written in Arabic amongst them. Does that mean I'm benadiri :comeon:

Last edited:
The fact that you think Zeila is a somali city shows how retarded you are πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Do you realize Zeila means romanticized in the arabic language? Tell me what Zeila means in af Somali? Don't run away Incel.
So Zeila is an Arab city now, did you not say Zeila was founded by Herari and Oromo people with few somali nomads living outside the cities wall. You said the wall was designed so somalis can not enter the city. Also did you not say we are cowards and were forced to fight during the battle with Christian Ethiopians and that Ahmed Gurey was Herari or Oromo. I exposed you as a Ethiopian in a thread, using google translator is not going to save you so stop claiming somali and don't go to other threads with fake claims.

So Zeila is an Arab city now, did you not say Zeila was founded by Herari and Oromo people with few somali nomads living outside the cities wall. You said the wall was designed so somalis can not enter the city. Also did you not say we are cowards and were forced to fight during the battle with Christian Ethiopians and that Ahmed Gurey was Herari or Oromo. I exposed you as a Ethiopian in a thread, using google translator is not going to save you so stop claiming somali and don't go to other threads with fake claims.
Ibn Battuta literally describes the people living in Zeila as Sudan, a term used for dark skinned Africans and Duarte Barbosa calls them black. You have to be very stupid to think Arab and Portugese are calling other Arabs black instead of just describing them as Arabs. Like I said, it's mental gymnastics can't take her seriously.

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
IWhy are you bringing up the 1900s? I am speaking about the 1970s. It is true that most of the world was illiterate during that period. Your argument doesn't substantiate anything. If I am speaking about the 1900s, then you would have a valid point. The majority of the world was not illiterate prior to the 1970s. The global literacy rate was not in the single digit numbers prior to the 1970s. Again, if it was, you would have a valid point. Even in the 1820s, the global literacy rate was higher than Somalia in 1972. Do you realize how embarrassing that is? Ethiopia also had an embarrassing literacy rate. What is the point of bringing that up?
What was the point of this thread? Did somalis write and read in ancient times?
You replied and said somalis didn't write and read till 1970s
I told you majority of the world didn't write and read prior to the 1970s and gave you Your own country Ethiopia as an example.
Then clarified that prior to the industrial revolution vast vast vast majority of the world didn't write and read
Ancient is before the industrial revolution isn't it?
Then you came and laugh smh called me an incel dumb
Then said "we didn't write and read" who's we?
Yes the majority of the world were illiterate prior to the 1970s *before 1970s comes 1960s*
Screenshot_20230824-060116_Chrome.jpg

That was my point niger

Emir of Zayla

Even then it’s not true. When people talk about writing in ancient times, nobody expects it to be fully diffused on the wider populace

What was the point of this thread? Did somalis write and read in ancient times?
I told you majority of the world didn't write and read prior to the 1970s and gave you Your own country Ethiopia as an example.
Then clarified that prior to the industrial revolution vast vast vast majority of the world didn't write and read
Ancient is before the industrial revolution isn't it?
Then you came and laugh smh called me an incel dumb
Then said "we didn't write and read" who's we?
Yes the majority of the world were illiterate prior to the 1970s *before 1970s comes 1960s*
View attachment 289096
That was my point niger
The literacy rate prior to the 1970s wasn't in the single digits. It was 42%. How does 42% equate to the majority of the world being illiterate, you dumb Incel? Almost half of the world was literate prior to the 1970s. You are trying to equate the global literacy rate prior to the 1970s to Somalia's literacy rate before the mass literacy campaign. Before the 1974 literacy campaign in Somalia, the literacy rate was 5%. In 1978, it jumped to 28%.

Prior to the Civil War in Somalia in 1990, the literacy rate was 24%. It dropped even before the war, lol. Stop backtracking and bringing up Ethiopia to make yourself feel better. You used Wikipedia to demonstrate Ethiopia's literacy rate in the 1970s, lol. Show an actual, legitimate source. The point was that Somalis are an oral-based society. They recently became literate. Somalis don't have a tradition of being literate. Do better dumb Incel.

It was originally founded and established by Arabs. Hararis only had a strong presence in Zeila during the Adal sultante period. Arab Faqih states "Ethio-semitic speakers formed the dominant section of the Adal population." No mention of Somalis ruling Zeila in any academic source. The names of the walls all had Arabic origins. The town of Zeila was reported to be terribly isolated and under an almost constant siege by Somali nomads. No mention of Somalis ruling Zeila. Just show me one source.

Emir of Zayla

It was originally founded and established by Arabs. Hararis only had a strong presence in Zeila during the Adal sultante period. Arab Faqih states "Ethio-semitic speakers formed the dominant section of the Adal population." No mention of Somalis ruling Zeila in any academic source. The names of the walls all had Arabic origins. The town of Zeila was reported to be terribly isolated and under an almost constant siege by Somali nomads. No mention of Somalis ruling Zeila. Just show me one source.
Forget about Zeila obviously being a Somali city for a sec. How the f*ck did the Arab Faqih state that Ethio-Semitics formed the majority of Adal when that term didn’t exist back then??

Somalia as a state was never united there wasn't a single ruler for that statement to even make sense. There where multiple ruling classes across what is considered the greater somali region and writing in the Arabic script was present in all the different states. Mogadishu wasn't the capital. There was no somali capital since there was no unified somalia.

My family weren't Nomad and there are documents written in Arabic amongst them. Does that mean I'm benadiri :comeon:
Writing in Arabic was only present on the Benadir coast and the majority of the inhabitants were Arabs. The rest of the Somalis were scattered nomads who roamed around the desert in search of water and pasture for their livestock. Even the Europeans classified the majority of Somalis as illiterate. Various Arab manuscripts were found among the benadiri community. Hawiye, Darood, Isaaq and Dir were all nomads. Show the Arab scripts your supposed family used.

Writing in Arabic was only present on the Benadir coast and the majority of the inhabitants were Arabs. The rest of the Somalis were scattered nomads who roamed around the desert in search of water and pasture for their livestock. Even the Europeans classified the majority of Somalis as illiterate. Various Arab manuscripts were found among the benadiri community. Hawiye, Darood, Isaaq and Dir were all nomads. Show the Arab scripts your supposed family used.
You don't know what you're talking about

Where is your sources that Zeila was estabilished by arabs and that Hararis had a strong presence? Its very cringe pretending to be Somali to disclaim our history and heritage, you need to stick with your Aksumit kingdom, you sound like one of those Afrocentric that claim to be Ancient Egyptian. Your agenda was clear when you said "Somalis were forced by Hararis to fight against the christian Ethiopian" but you failed to provide evidence, you said that somalis were enslaved by Ethosemetic speakers, we are cowards and now we are illiterate while also claiming to be Habar Gedir from Cayr sub clan, you make claims without backing your statement, where are your sources?