Did Somalis write with Sabean?

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Bringing up 5% literacy in the 70s' and skipping over the progress afterward seems like you're playing up the bad part and ignoring the good. That is the issue I have with your statement. Next time, be upfront and mention the exact years, like '1972' or 'early 70s,' while giving credit to the progress that happened later. It's only fair to give the full story without being vague.

But that's probably impossible for you 🤣ajnabi ciilan baa tahay
He’s already been exposed for being an ajnabi. Most of his claims have already been disproven but he still repeats it over and over again, clearly he’s a retard and he’s trying to get some reaction out of us. Just block him

This post was speaking about history
I was showing you that "illiteracy" prior to the 1900s was applied for the whole world not just for somalis

Please stop saying "our" you a known xabashi
our literacy rate increased to 2 digits in the same 1970s?
Prior to 1970s the majority of the world were illiterate so why you only attack somalis bruh
Even your homeland Ethiopia had 1 digit literacy rate in the same time we increased it to 2 digits View attachment 289041
This post was speaking about history
I was showing you that "illiteracy" prior to the 1900s was applied for the whole world not just for somalis

Please stop saying "our" you a known xabashi
our literacy rate increased to 2 digits in the same 1970s?
Prior to 1970s the majority of the world were illiterate so why you only attack somalis bruh
Even your homeland Ethiopia had 1 digit literacy rate in the same time we increased it to 2 digits View attachment 289041
Why are you bringing up the 1900s? I am speaking about the 1970s. It is true that most of the world was illiterate during that period. Your argument doesn't substantiate anything. If I am speaking about the 1900s, then you would have a valid point. The majority of the world was not illiterate prior to the 1970s. The global literacy rate was not in the single digit numbers prior to the 1970s. Again, if it was, you would have a valid point. Even in the 1820s, the global literacy rate was higher than Somalia in 1972. Do you realize how embarrassing that is? Ethiopia also had an embarrassing literacy rate. What is the point of bringing that up?

Last edited:
Bringing up 5% literacy in the 70s' and skipping over the progress afterward seems like you're playing up the bad part and ignoring the good. That is the issue I have with your statement. Next time, be upfront and mention the exact years, like '1972' or 'early 70s,' while giving credit to the progress that happened later. It's only fair to give the full story without being vague.

But that's probably impossible for you 🤣ajnabi ciilan baa tahay
I acknowledge Said Barres' huge achievement in bringing up our literacy rate. That is a huge milestone that no one can deny. Even the Arab and Western world was shocked to see the rapid growth of our literacy rate in a short period of time. I didn't bring up the literacy rate for no reason or to diminish our people. I think it's important to contextulize why I brought up the literacy rate. I also did use 1972 when describing Somalias literacy rate. I agree with most of your points but you had to ruin it in the end by denying my Somali roots. Waan ku cafiyay

Are you a non ethnic somali because that would explain a lot of your previous comments :ohhh:

Plus your statement Is ludicrous your acting as if somalia pre 1960s was a single state. There are posts on here of letters from different regions of somalia written in somali in the Arabic script and your trying to say that every somali besides the benadiri who are solely concentrated in the South where the only ones who where literate :what1:
Just ignore her, she is just a sheegato troll. Read this document. When they were trying to choose a script, Kacaan intellectuals believed that there was an ancient Somali script because of all the inscriptions at ancient sites. More archaeological research must be done in the country.

1692854754190.png

1692854851177.png

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Just ignore her, she is just a sheegato troll. Read this document. When they were trying to choose a script, Kacaan intellectuals believed that there was an ancient Somali script because of all the inscriptions at certain sites. More archaeological research must be done in the country.

View attachment 289044
View attachment 289046
Others on this thread really got off topic with my original post, thanks for bringing it back up

Just ignore her, she is just a sheegato troll. Read this document. When they were trying to choose a script, Kacaan intellectuals believed that there was an ancient Somali script because of all the inscriptions at ancient sites. More archaeological research must be done in the country.

View attachment 289044
View attachment 289046
There was Stones engraved with symbols in the ancient Himyarite script. These petroglyph incriptions were discovered in coastal south-central Somalia. Sabaean script on an ancient tablet, retrieved from a coastal site in Somaliland, northwestern Somalia was also found.

In 2019, the illegal excavation of an ancient sanctuary on the Somali coast yielded monumental Sabaic inscriptions from approximately the eighth–seventh centuries BCE. The inscriptions, similar in content and script, have shed light on their authors’ origin (Sabaeans presumably from Maʾrib in Yemen), on the location’s cultic nature, and more broadly on Sabaean endeavours to establish an ambitious trade network in the first half of the first millennium BCE for the supply of aromatic resins from across the Horn of Africa in order to convey them to the Near East and Mesopotamia. These inscriptions also highlight mastery of navigation techniques in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden as early as the period of the Sabaean mukarribs.

Most of those scripts are sabeans remnants. No other historical source shows anything about the so-called ancient Somali script or how long it was used for. Somalis all a sudden stopped using their ancient script. All other civilizations persevered their scripts even during the Islamic period. Keep peddling fabricated nonsense.

There was Stones engraved with symbols in the ancient Himyarite script. These petroglyph incriptions were discovered in coastal south-central Somalia. Sabaean script on an ancient tablet, retrieved from a coastal site in Somaliland, northwestern Somalia was also found.

In 2019, the illegal excavation of an ancient sanctuary on the Somali coast yielded monumental Sabaic inscriptions from approximately the eighth–seventh centuries BCE. The inscriptions, similar in content and script, have shed light on their authors’ origin (Sabaeans presumably from Maʾrib in Yemen), on the location’s cultic nature, and more broadly on Sabaean endeavours to establish an ambitious trade network in the first half of the first millennium BCE for the supply of aromatic resins from across the Horn of Africa in order to convey them to the Near East and Mesopotamia. These inscriptions also highlight mastery of navigation techniques in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden as early as the period of the Sabaean mukarribs.

Most of those scripts are sabeans remnants. No other historical source shows anything about the so-called ancient Somali script or how long it was used for. Somalis all a sudden stopped using their ancient script. All other civilizations persevered their scripts even during the Islamic period. Keep peddling fabricated nonsense.
1692856464564.png

🤣This is the post I'm talking about, and you did not specify anything. You only got specific after you were shown the rapid changes that took place after the early 70s.🤣 You would have continued waffling if no one backhanded you with facts. Nitpicking is all you know, and the only thing that motivates you to jump through hoops to disprove things you can't disprove is the hate you have for Somalis.

OP my bad for derailing this is the last one
Boots Riley Mic Drop GIF by Sorry To Bother You
🤣This is the post I'm talking about, and you did not specify anything. You only got specific after you were shown the rapid changes that took place after the early 70s.🤣 You would have continued waffling if no one backhanded you with facts. Nitpicking is all you know, and the only thing that motivates you to jump through hoops to disprove things you can't disprove is the hate you have for Somalis.

OP my bad for derailing this is the last one
Boots Riley Mic Drop GIF by Sorry To Bother You
What in the world are you trying to substantiate? I didn't say anything wrong. I clearly mentioned Somalia literacy rate in 1972 was at 5%. The said Barre literacy campaign started in 1974. The global literacy rate was not in the single digits like Somalia prior to 1970. Somali Incels always think they are making strong points. Somalia's literacy rate in 1978 was 28%. In 1990, before the Civil War, it was 24%. Lol It dropped even before the Civil War. Ethiopia literacy rate was less than 10% in the 1970s. In the 1990s it was at 60%. Even during the Civil War, Ethiopia's literacy rate was substantially increasing.😂😂😂😂😂

What in the world are you trying to substantiate? I didn't say anything wrong. I clearly mentioned Somalia literacy rate in 1972 was at 5%. The said Barre literacy campaign started in 1974. The global literacy rate was not in the single digits like Somalia prior to 1970. Somali Incels always think they are making strong points. Somalia's literacy rate in 1978 was 28%. In 1990, before the Civil War, it was 24%. Lol It dropped even before the Civil War. Ethiopia literacy rate was less than 10% in the 1970s. In the 1990s it was at 60%. Even during the Civil War, Ethiopia's literacy rate was substantially increasing.😂😂😂😂😂
1692858047566.png

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP

talk talk GIF

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
l🤣where does it say 1972?and don't play dumb you damn well know this is the only post i'm talking about.
The vast majority of the world were not illiterate in the 1970s, You dumb incel. Stop projecting you fool😂😂😂😂. Only 5% of the Somali population were literate in the 1970s. The industrial revolution started in 1760. Somalis were still illiterate after the industrial revolution. What advanced people we were lol.

He’s already been exposed for being an ajnabi. Most of his claims have already been disproven but he still repeats it over and over again, clearly he’s a retard and he’s trying to get some reaction out of us. Just block him
Your Incel friend didn't disapprove anything. He ran away. I showed how Pre-Islamic Arabs had a strong presence in the coastal settlements of Modern day Somalia. There are numerous archaeological and historical evidence that allude to that. The problem is you guys never read any of the books on the benadir coast. You guys never read the benadiri people millinery Identity book. You guys never read sharif Aidaru's book on Mogadishu since the antiquity period. Your Incel friend said I got all my sources from kitab al Zinj and its garbage lol. Most of my sources were not even from kitab al Zinj.

l🤣where does it say 1972?and don't play dumb you damn well know this is the only post i'm talking about.
The vast majority of Somalis were illiterate. The Mass literacy campaign was aimed at teaching Somali nomads how to read and write. The Arabic scripts were written and used by the Benadiri community. Somalis didn't even have their own written alphabet until 1972. The vast majority of the population were nomads and they were illiterate. Stop making things up and saying Somali's used scripts lol.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Your Incel friend didn't disapprove anything. He ran away. I showed how Pre-Islamic Arabs had a strong presence in the coastal settlements of Modern day Somalia. There are numerous archaeological and historical evidence that allude to that. The problem is you guys never read any of the books on the benadir coast. You guys never read the benadiri people millinery Identity book. You guys never read sharif Aidaru's book on Mogadishu since the antiquity period. Your Incel friend said I got all my sources from kitab al Zinj and its garbage lol. Most of my sources were not even from kitab al Zinj.
IMG_9703.png

Wallahi the Incels on this forum have made me laugh so hard. I am literally weeping in tears. You guys need to become comedians. Every time I come hear I weep really hard. 😂😂😂😂

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Wallahi the Incels on this forum have made me laugh so hard. I am literally weeping in tears. You guys need to become comedians. Every time I come hear I weep really hard. 😂😂😂😂
Calling people who disproved all your borderline retarded claims as “incels” is the real comedian shit around here 🤣

Trending