Status
Not open for further replies.
Democracy has long been a western concept of governing a sociaty where the majority decides. It has been described as the best way to govern by many observers, westen and non-western. I, myself, don care about it so long as i have indivual and economical liberty.

The question is, is democracy compatible with Islam. Well yes, democracy is compatible with islam. Infact alot of muslim majority countries does have voting rights where the majority decides the countries fate.

Although Islam can be tolerant to democracy, liberal democracy is incompatible with Islam. I mean why should it? Why an idoelogy based on judeo-christian values be tolerated by islam. The majority of Muslims don't subscribe much of liberal democracy values thus making it democratic to voice their opinion about it and vote against it. Somehow this is considered un-democratic by much of western obsevers which raises the question, must democracy be based on judeo-christian value for it to be considered democracy.

Here Aljazeera panel discussing it

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Islam and democracy are NOT compatible. Stop deluding yourself sxb. Presumption of innocence is not part of sharia. If four "male witnesses" testify, you cannot cross examine them and shatter their credibility, which should be a basic right at trial. In addition, a woman is considered half a man and is treated that way in court. So a woman that is in court either as an accuser or accused is significantly disadvantaged from the get go. So even if you really wanted Islam and democracy to be compatible, you must get rid of the Sunnah of the prophet, which no one plans to do.
@embarassing you are embarrassing yourself.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
No democracy isn't compatible with Islam. Let's not force it.
For gaalo people, democracy is excellent and it works.
I agree that it isn't compatible. I'm deeply troubled that you're against democracy. It's the most stable, proven system of government. Islam mandates a dictatorship and we all know how those end up. In Ghadafi and Sadam's brutal, decades-long rule, the US had 9 presidents. Say what you will about them but the US population changed governments 9 times during Ghaddafi's reign, and expressed their resentment at the ballot box all those times, something people in Libya and Iraq were deprived of.

This has massive conseqences because resentment built up against Ghaddafi and Saddam and there was no lawful outlet for people to express that for decades, which paves the way for what's happening today. I'm not saying they were very Islamic but I'm describing what happens with dictatorships.

Islam and democracy are NOT compatible. Stop deluding yourself sxb. Presumption of innocence is not part of sharia. If four "male witnesses" testify, you cannot cross examine them and shatter their credibility, which should be a basic right at trial. In addition, a woman is considered half a man and is treated that way in court. So a woman that is in court either as an accuser or accused is significantly disadvantaged from the get go. So even if you really wanted Islam and democracy to be compatible, you must get rid of the Sunnah of the prophet, which no one plans to do.
Did you even read or watch the videos? :abuxyga: and tbh your ignorant rants on Islam are boring now.

sxb every country has their own rules despite liberal democracy , Trump banned Somalis to inter USA but they allowed Saudi Nationals who were 11,9 bombers

The reason why Muslim countries are struggling with civil unrest is BECAUSE of the conflicting mixed messages from trying to imitate western values by adopting western laws.

6 Muslims in the West who happen to speak fluent English and are well educated according to western standards should not impose their new found liberalism into our fabrics of society..

Muslim countries need laws that respect Muslim values and principles. Democracy does not work in islamic society

With a bit of reform you could. Don't forget the US used to lynch black men accused at court of touching white women and get away with it because of racism. Look up Emmett till.

Did that make US incompatible with democracy? No.

We must choose Islam or democracy, the two are not compatible I agree

No I don't think there is an argument, there is no "between".

Let me put it this way, its dinner time and you are a Muslim in an affluent Italian restaurant and in front of you are two plates.

Plate 1)
5 meal course that is absolutely of the highest quality meat themed mouth watering dishes and a bottle of the finest amongst the finest.

Plate 2)
Veggie burger and a can of coke and some chips.

Hypothetically there is a choice because there are two options on the table. But as a Muslim there is no choice. What I am trying to say is that as individuals we have choices and some choices we have the right to choose from however as collective group of people like children with choices we as people need to be supervised. And democracy takes away the supervision that comes with sharia and islamic principles and values. It's imperative that we as Muslims uphold our centuries old restrictions in life that our forefathers practised.

If you take away the restrictions and regulations that islam brings in our society we are no more than animals.. look at the western societies and see the difference between 1980s and 2000s that's mere 20 years of liberal democrats.. no more values or principles, it's gone to such level that the ruling elites are having private discussions about how to bring reverse corrections about.

But it's impossible..too late

I happen to work in a warehouse, huge site with over 500 people employed and over 300 on site at any time.

We like every on the planet and outside the planet are governed by set laws that are not universal but are shaped and polished to suit the fabric of this warehouse.

There are litteraly over 100 rules and regulations in my department alone that's specific to my department.

Half a mile from our warehouse site is a German production site that is of similar size. Having been inside that building I can tell you that our rules and regulations differ much from theirs.

For instance in their warehouse they have no cycling routes and cycling routes. We don't have those rules because we have no bicycles inside our warehouse.

They will take you to court for bringing to work anything that contains or has traces of nuts.. we encourage the munching of nuts during work as it stimulates your brain cells and keeps you less agitated during long shift hours..

In an another words two different world two different governing regulations.. each to its own in their own right..

I happen to work in a warehouse, huge site with over 500 people employed and over 300 on site at any time.

We like every on the planet and outside the planet are governed by set laws that are not universal but are shaped and polished to suit the fabric of this warehouse.

There are litteraly over 100 rules and regulations in my department alone that's specific to my department.

Half a mile from our warehouse site is a German production site that is of similar size. Having been inside that building I can tell you that our rules and regulations differ much from theirs.

For instance in their warehouse they have no cycling routes and cycling routes. We don't have those rules because we have no bicycles inside our warehouse.

They will take you to court for bringing to work anything that contains or has traces of nuts.. we encourage the munching of nuts during work as it stimulates your brain cells and keeps you less agitated during long shift hours..

In an another words two different world two different governing regulations.. each to its own in their own right..

Our enemy isn't democracy it is the UN and it's universal laws that favour complacent religions like Hinduism and Christianity over "strict" religions like Islam.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
No I don't think there is an argument, there is no "between".

Let me put it this way, its dinner time and you are a Muslim in an affluent Italian restaurant and in front of you are two plates.

Plate 1)
5 meal course that is absolutely of the highest quality meat themed mouth watering dishes and a bottle of the finest amongst the finest.

Plate 2)
Veggie burger and a can of coke and some chips.

Hypothetically there is a choice because there are two options on the table. But as a Muslim there is no choice. What I am trying to say is that as individuals we have choices and some choices we have the right to choose from however as collective group of people like children with choices we as people need to be supervised. And democracy takes away the supervision that comes with sharia and islamic principles and values. It's imperative that we as Muslims uphold our centuries old restrictions in life that our forefathers practised.

If you take away the restrictions and regulations that islam brings in our society we are no more than animals.. look at the western societies and see the difference between 1980s and 2000s that's mere 20 years of liberal democrats.. no more values or principles, it's gone to such level that the ruling elites are having private discussions about how to bring reverse corrections about.

But it's impossible..too late
:ayaanswag: That meal analogy is hilarious. We are not children that need to be supervised. That's saying something very damning about you and your religion. Democracy is a valuable way for a population to express their anger and resentment and keep changing government, instead of saving up that resentment for 40 years and expressing it via civil war, as is the case in places like Libya. Furthermore, individual liberty comes with rules and regulations. It's not a jungle where, because you have freedom you get to infringe on the rights of others or cause public mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending