Congratulations to the Isha Borama community for the newly appointed Chief of Justice in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
@Bohol Ciise Muuse also have some Pre-Islamic names in their abtirsi, for example Reer Baalle (Cigaal's Subclan).

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.55.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 11.49.51 PM.png

Last edited:
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/dabshid-the-true-somali-new-year-july.21026/

This the explains it more into detail. I agree, this should be a national holiday! It weaned in popularity after Al Shabbab efforts on making it “kufaar” but I had the opportunity to see it in person 2 years ago. I’m glad it’s coming back. Tired of our culture being erased.

It's a slippery slope. I personally embrace our history after Islam, embracing past pagan traditions is pointless.

BANTU

+op MVLI
It is Yusuf Al Koweyn (the man named after Awbarkhadle town outside Hargeisa) that kills
Bucur Bucayr in the story not Sheikh Isaaq. Besides we are not talking about the existence
of a man called Sheikh Isaaq but the fact he didn't father modern day Isaaqs since he is
supposed to be "Banu Hashim" aka J1. Two different things.

:manny:
I guess there are multiple stories :manny:

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
[

Dabshid is a pre-Islamic holiday that’s celebrated by my clansmen and many others in the south. It’s originally the Somali New Years as we had an ancient solar calendar. That is the strongest connection we have left with our ancestors.
Dabshid is also celebrated in certain circles in the North.

I see you as a threat to my existence as such I have developed defense mechanism to deal with that threat. I am totally against information sharing to rival clans. Nothing personal, though.
:francis:
How am I a threat? I don't border Isaaq. I got like the Garxajis. Habar Yonis reminds me of my clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.