Congratulations to the Isha Borama community for the newly appointed Chief of Justice in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
I am more interested in the origin of the Somali clan names before they were Islamised. For example, Maxamuud Hiraab known as Duduble, a Hawiye sub clan - Duduble in classical old Somali means "strong, powerful"

content

Gugundhabe, another Hawiye clan, means "dragon slayer" :icon cool:

The source is from a book by Anwar Diiriye titled "Literature Of Somali onomastics And Proverbs With Comparison Of Foreign Sayings"

Interesting. We can study the Darood and Hawiye names to determine their origin further I agree. The names tell us a lot. However Hawiye and Darood are actually related there is no difference between them in terms of paternal DNA lol.

Bohol

VIP
@Mckenzie read it here. There is not much difference between MJ,
HG, Xawaadle, Ogaden etc results all had the same daddy not long ago. Even the so called
fake Reerow Xasan that claim to be Asharaf scored E1b1b1a1b lol.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Interesting. We can study the Darood and Hawiye names to determine their origin further I agree. The names tell us a lot. However Hawiye and Darood are actually related there is no difference between them in terms of paternal DNA lol.

So far this is the meaning behind the following names i got from his book, some of these names are so old they aren't in use today.

Abgaal - father of camels
Madarkicis (HG) - the meeting distrupter
Duduble - the strong and powerful one
Murursade - The repentful one
Ujuuraan - the renter, landlord
Saruur - Happy
Gaaljecel - the camel lover @shabellegal
Sheekhaal - priestly
Gugundhabe - the dragon slayer
Xawaadle - the Jugular vein aka Jugta Culus :icon lol:
Wacdaan - help seeker @father of the camel :icon cool:
Wacaysle - the blessed one
Harti Abgaal - the shield aka barbaarta gaashaaman

@Mckenzie read it here. There is not much difference between MJ,
HG, Xawaadle, Ogaden etc results all had the same daddy not long ago. Even the so called
fake Reerow Xasan that claim to be Asharaf scored E1b1b1a1b lol.

:icon lol: We have been saying for eons that Somalis are one people. If some choose to create a fictional story about a hairy Arab found in a mango tree like a scared monkey then that is their problem.

Bohol

VIP
@Mckenzie By the way before Islam arrived Darood believed in a God called Waaq (same God as the Oromos) showing they adhered to monotheism. Jidwaq = road of God. Cabuudwaaq = worship God. Were's the northerners some of them believed in God while the others followed Bucur Bucayr (the magician Yibir king) before the arrival of Islam. That is the closet explanation to the puzzle of pre-Islam Somalis. I am not sure if the Hawiye also believed in Waaq or something else though (there needs to be further research done).

Waaq is the Cushitic God in east Africa very ancient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waaq

Bohol

VIP
So far this is the meaning behind the following names i got from his book, some of these names are so old they aren't in use today.

Abgaal - father of camels
Madarkicis (HG) - the meeting distrupter
Duduble - the strong and powerful one
Murursade - The repentful one
Ujuuraan - the renter, landlord
Saruur - Happy
Gaaljecel - the camel lover @shabellegal
Sheekhaal - priestly
Gugundhabe - the dragon slayer
Xawaadle - the Jugular vein aka Jugta Culus :icon lol:
Wacdaan - help seeker @father of the camel :icon cool:
Wacaysle - the blessed one
Harti Abgaal - the shield aka barbaarta gaashaaman

:icon lol: We have been saying for eons that Somalis are one people. If some choose to create a fictional story about a hairy Arab found in a mango tree like a scared monkey then that is their problem.

Hawiye clan names are uniquely Somali. Harti means strong man.

@Mckenzie By the way before Islam arrived Darood believed in a God called Waaq (same God as the Oromos) showing they adhered to monotheism. Jidwaq = road of God. Cabuudwaaq = worship God. Were's the northerners some of them believed in God while the others followed Bucur Bucayr (the magician Yibir king) before the arrival of Islam. That is the closet explanation to the puzzle of pre-Islam Somalis. I am not sure if the Hawiye also believed in Waaq or something else though (there needs to be further research done).

Waaq is the Cushitic God in east Africa very ancient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waaq

I can't wait when the country calms down and we do the research.

Bohol

VIP
What about Dir? I'm fascinated by their origins as well the Rahanweyn.

I am indeed curious what the Dir and Garhajis believed in pre-Islam. However considering their true origin is not even east Africa they properly believed in what their distant Kuwaiti cousins in the Middle east believed in as well once a upon time.

I am indeed curious what the Dir and Garhajis believed in pre-Islam. However considering their true origin is not even east Africa they properly believed in what their distant Kuwaiti cousins in the Middle east believed in as well once a upon time.

Interesting. I can see that. How did we come up with the fake Arab bullshit? I despise it.

[

Dabshid is a pre-Islamic holiday that’s celebrated by my clansmen and many others in the south. It’s originally the Somali New Years as we had an ancient solar calendar. That is the strongest connection we have left with our ancestors.

[

Dabshid is a pre-Islamic holiday that’s celebrated by my clansmen and many others in the south. It’s originally the Somali New Years as we had an ancient solar calendar. That is the strongest connection we have left with our ancestors.

We should make a national holiday. Somalification of our culture is a must

Bohol

VIP
Interesting. I can see that. How did we come up with the fake Arab bullshit? I despise it.

I have a theory that when the Dir and Garhajis arrived in the north and met the locals
worshiping Bucur Bucayr (the Yibir king) who was by the way killed by Sheikh Yusuf
Al Kawneyn (a close associate of the GX) after that the locals converted to Islam that is
when the idea of "Isaaq" was born.

Aw Barkhadle (the blessed saint) vs Bucur Bucayr.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusuf_bin_Ahmad_al-Kawneyn

Bohol

VIP
[

The Darood, Hawiye and Rahanweyn kept a lot of pre-Islam practices and names. It is very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts