Congratulations to the Isha Borama community for the newly appointed Chief of Justice in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
@Bohol @Factz @Gucci mane The good thing about the Ayub, Arap and Toljecle clans is they always seek their fair share. Even in the SL parliament they sit separately from the major clans.

2m2wd1e.jpg

Well done to them. I always support equality of opportunity.:salute:

Bohol

VIP
@Cumar Arap are not really that small though. They are easily over 80,000. Xaqsoor got 40,000-60,000 votes in Hargeisa district in 2012 local elections. The second largest group out of those three 3 is Ayub. Toljeclo is the smallest.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
@Cumar Arap are not really that small though. They are easily over 80,000. Xaqsoor got 40,000-60,000 votes in Hargeisa district in 2012 local elections. The second largest group out of those three 3 is Ayub. Toljeclo is the smallest.

Absolutely, Arap is a major subclan in Hargeisa. Horta do they live anywhere else in SL other than Baligubadle? I know some Arap live with us HA in Harshin, DDSI.

Bohol

VIP
Absolutely, Arap is a major subclan in Hargeisa. Horta do they live anywhere else in SL other than Baligubadle? I know some Arap live with us HA in Harshin in Ethiopia.

They also live in Burco and Sahil. A eastern branch called Cabdalle Arab they get local MPs in Burco district all the time and one in Sahil.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
@Bohol I noticed a lot of biblical sub clan names in Isaaq. Ayuub Sh Isaaq, Muuse Sh Isaaq, Cimraan Sh Isaaq, Dauud Ismaciil (Garhajis), Yonis Ismail (Garhajis) etc :cosbyhmm: was the father of Isaaq named Ibrahim by any chance

Bohol

VIP
@Bohol I noticed a lot of biblical sub clan names in Isaaq. Ayuub Sh Isaaq, Muuse Sh Isaaq, Cimraan Sh Isaaq, Dauud Ismaciil (Garhajis), Yonis Ismail (Garhajis) etc :cosbyhmm: was the father of Isaaq named Ibrahim by any chance

I find it strange how all the names of the sub clans are in Arabic even the sub sub sub sub clans for example (Yonis Ismail). In comparison the Darood have native names such as Koombe, Cabuudwaaq, Gerri etc. There is a lot of "Waaq" names in Darood clans. Waaq is the sky God of the Oromos. My theory is when the northerners converted to Islam they left behind their old names (specially the non Garhajis Isaaqs) were's the Darood retained their native names.

Mckenzie

VIP
I find it strange how all the names of the sub clans are in Arabic even the sub sub sub sub clans for example (Yonis Ismail). In comparison the Darood have native names such as Koombe, Cabuudwaaq, Gerri etc. There is a lot of "Waaq" name in Darood clans. Waaq is the sky God of the Oromos.

Waar nimankaas they are named after Oromos and Animals, talo ma leh, xata odaygii dhalay geed korkiis ayuu saarnaa according to them, ileen waa daanyeero, they must have been watching too much Tarzan:icon lol:

I find it strange how all the names of the sub clans are in Arabic even the sub sub sub sub clans for example (Yonis Ismail). In comparison the Darood have native names such as Koombe, Cabuudwaaq, Gerri etc. There is a lot of "Waaq" name in Darood clans. Waaq is the sky God of the Oromos. My theory is when the northerners converted to Islam they left behind their old names (specially the non Garhajis Isaaqs) were's the Darood retained their native names.

Isaaqs are Dir

:hillarybiz:

Bohol

VIP
Fine by me as long you aren't Banu Hashim. Idc

:obama:

Indeed we are not Banu Hashim. However this is where it gets tricky. Dir and Garhajis paternal DNA is not native to east Africa but it is a east Mediterranean lineage. Some of our closest paternal relatives live in Kuwait (Al Faraj clan).

j5vyft.png

Indeed we are not Banu Hashim. However this is where it gets tricky Dir and Garhajis are not native to east Africa. Some of our paternal relatives live in Kuwait (Banu Faraj clan).

j5vyft.png

So Dir is the Arab hanging from the tree? So Daarood is the the native. So changes the narrative a bit.

Banu Faraj in Kuwait.

:mindblown:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Indeed we are not Banu Hashim. However this is where it gets tricky. Dir and Garhajis paternal DNA is not native to east Africa but it is a east Mediterranean lineage. Some of our paternal relatives live in Kuwait (Al Faraj clan).

j5vyft.png

Are you sure abti? Because T1a haplogroup highest frequences is found in the Horn so you are native just as much as the reer E1b1b.

1200px-Distribution_Haplogroup_T_Y-DNA_II.svg.png

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
@Factz that just shows frequency by area not where it originated from. Haplogroup T originates from outside east Africa. That is why you have one of the closest relative
of the Dir & Garhajis living in modern day Kuwait.

upload_2018-5-28_2-10-24.png

Mckenzie

VIP
My theory is when the northerners converted to Islam they left behind their old names (specially the non Garhajis Isaaqs) were's the Darood retained their native names.

I am more interested in the origin of the Somali clan names before they were Islamised. For example, Maxamuud Hiraab known as Duduble, a Hawiye sub clan - Duduble in classical old Somali means "strong, powerful"

content

Gugundhabe, another Hawiye clan, means "dragon slayer" :icon cool:

The source is from a book by Anwar Diiriye titled "Literature Of Somali Onomastics And Proverbs With Comparison Of Foreign Sayings"

Status
Not open for further replies.