Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

Amazing how fast alliances change.
Abiy sees Amhara ultra nationalists as more of a threat to his grip on power. TPLF just wants to rule Tigray because they know ruling from addis Ababa isn't likely to occur.

Then why didn't Abiy keep Amhara radicals at arms length just like his predecessor H Desalegn did? It's surely because Abiy is of the same mindset as the Abyssinianists and that they maybe only fight about which person should rule the country

Then why didn't Abiy keep Amhara radicals at arms length just like his predecessor H Desalegn did? It's surely because Abiy is of the same mindset as the Abyssinianists and that they maybe only fight about which person should rule the country

Because both have or had a common foe in the TPLF. It was or is, an alliance of convenience .

Many Amhara wanted the disputed lands back, and revenge, among other things, while the Abiy regime wanted to also get revenge, and take out a significant threat to his power.
Of course the regime in Eritrea also got involved for similar reasons, revenge, to get their disputed lands, to ensure their enemy TPLF didn't by some miracle get power again because then they'd they use the resources of the Ethiopian state against them as they did in the 1998-2000 war.

You must know Also you have two Amhara camps politically.
The urbanized, Ethiopian first ones, who will fight under any ruler, dictator or not, as long as he's yelling "Ethiopia Ande new," (Ethiopia is one).
And the rural ones who historically identified with their province first (Gondar, Gojjam, Wallo, etc) as opposed to a pan Amhara nationalism.
But that's been slowly but surely changing in the part few years and abiy was very concerned about that.

Amhara nationalism, while still considered to be underdeveloped when compared to Somali and Oromo nationalism is growing, and those are the ones Abiy fears could eventually overthrow him OR attempt to do so.

Because both have or had a common foe in the TPLF. It was or is, an alliance of convenience .

Many Amhara wanted the disputed lands back, and revenge, among other things, while the Abiy regime wanted to also get revenge, and take out a significant threat to his power.
Of course the regime in Eritrea also got involved for similar reasons, revenge, to get their disputed lands, to ensure their enemy TPLF didn't by some miracle get power again because then they'd they use the resources of the Ethiopian state against them as they did in the 1998-2000 war.

You must know Also you have two Amhara camps politically.
The urbanized, Ethiopian first ones, who will fight under any ruler, dictator or not, as long as he's yelling "Ethiopia Ande new," (Ethiopia is one).
And the rural ones who historically identified with their province first (Gondar, Gojjam, Wallo, etc) as opposed to a pan Amhara nationalism.
But that's been slowly but surely changing in the part few years and abiy was very concerned about that.

Amhara nationalism, while still considered to be underdeveloped when compared to Somali and Oromo nationalism is growing, and those are the ones Abiy fears could eventually overthrow him OR attempt to do so.
The conflict between Oromo PP Vs Amhara PP has started in Jigjiga.

This conflict will turn into a bloody confrotation soon.
Mustafa Cagjar the amhara bastard I hope he suffers like Abdi iley.

I would have thought they are on the same side in Jigjiga.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Axmaaradu Abye bey rabaan ineybka takhalusan.
They want to do this using the PP convention and choose its chairman and create a structure within PP with its party policies and regulation.

Whoever becomes Chairman of PP party is automatically the PM.

So the race has began.Amhara are poarching somali sell outs to their side.
Jigjiga regime is the card amhara wants to checkmate Abye.

There were far rigth amhara politicians who visited Jigjiga recently whcih prompted Abye to visit Jigjiga and then it was followed by Amhara kilil members then Shimales Abdisa came to Jigjiga.

So the Oromo Vs Amhara power struggle has started. Mustafa is pro Amhara and beleives he is amhara trapped in a somali body.

Also Abye wants to woo TDF to support him defeat Amhara PP.

Then we have Afaworki supporting Amhara but when Amhara come to power Eritrea will become another Russian / Ukrain drama.

The conflict between Oromo PP Vs Amhara PP has started in Jigjiga.

This conflict will turn into a bloody confrotation soon.
Mustafa Cagjar the amhara bastard I hope he suffers like Abdi iley.

Onlf is condemning Mustafas handling of the drought response and also, apparently, fano Amhara militia are in Somali region because Mustafa doesn't trust his own Somali police forces?!

Onlf is condemning Mustafas handling of the drought response and also, apparently, fano Amhara militia are in Somali region because Mustafa doesn't trust his own Somali police forces?!
Do you remember the forage donation by amhara kilil it happens that they were actualy transporting Fano militia and weapons to somali kilil.

Fano miltia now controls Jigjiga protecting Mustafa.

Axmaaradu Abye bey rabaan ineybka takhalusan.
They want to do this using the PP convention and choose its chairman and create a structure within PP with its party policies and regulation.

Whoever becomes Chairman of PP party is automatically the PM.

So the race has began.Amhara are poarching somali sell outs to their side.
Jigjiga regime is the card amhara wants to checkmate Abye.

There were far rigth amhara politicians who visited Jigjiga recently whcih prompted Abye to visit Jigjiga and then it was followed by Amhara kilil members then Shimales Abdisa came to Jigjiga.

So the Oromo Vs Amhara power struggle has started. Mustafa is pro Amhara and beleives he is amhara trapped in a somali body.

Also Abye wants to woo TDF to support him defeat Amhara PP.

Then we have Afaworki supporting Amhara but when Amhara come to power Eritrea will become another Russian / Ukrain drama.

It looks like there is a Qoti/Amhara competition for Cafar/Somali region supply routes to Djibouti. Why cant the OLA operate in west Hararga or even Caruusaland @Abba Sadacha

Are OLA and western Qotiland rebels lining up behind Abiy to prevent Amhara-led unitary Ethiopiawinet

It looks like there is a Qoti/Amhara competition for Cafar/Somali region supply routes to Djibouti. Why cant the OLA operate in west Hararga or even Caruusaland @Abba Sadacha

Are OLA and western Qotiland rebels lining up behind Abiy to prevent Amhara-led unitary Ethiopiawinet

More like, the government and TPLF at war, and the regions surrounding them will be effected, of course. some also say, which makes sense and is sad if true, that abiy and his allies wanted to move the war from amhara region to afar state. the thing is, even when they more heavily armed, the tplf is taking a beating in the afar state. hate afar all u want, since they fight with issa clans, they are muslims and are our brothers over the christian and atheist tigrayan elites all day, everyday.
the tigrayans probably want to cut through afar state, to get to eritrea, to get revenge against them, but the eritreans are ready and heavily armed.

No, OLA is not allied with Abiy, but of course, OLA would never assist the Amhara elites and their dreams of coming back to power and dismantling federalism.
Abiy is bad, but trust me-the extremist unionist elements among the amhara can be, and would be, worse. they see abiy as being ''too soft'' and so on.

More like, the government and TPLF at war, and the regions surrounding them will be effected, of course. some also say, which makes sense and is sad if true, that abiy and his allies wanted to move the war from amhara region to afar state. the thing is, even when they more heavily armed, the tplf is taking a beating in the afar state. hate afar all u want, since they fight with issa clans, they are muslims and are our brothers over the christian and atheist tigrayan elites all day, everyday.
the tigrayans probably want to cut through afar state, to get to eritrea, to get revenge against them, but the eritreans are ready and heavily armed.

No, OLA is not allied with Abiy, but of course, OLA would never assist the Amhara elites and their dreams of coming back to power and dismantling federalism.
Abiy is bad, but trust me-the extremist unionist elements among the amhara can be, and would be, worse. they see abiy as being ''too soft'' and so on.
Are you happy Fano took over Jigjiga.I bet you sleep well know knowing your enemies have been occupied by amhara extremists.

Are you happy Fano took over Jigjiga.I bet you sleep well know knowing your enemies have been occupied by amhara extremists.

Oh calm down, you need to stop being so over-dramatic and angry.
I never said I was happy about it, or that I support that.
If what you say is true, whose fault is it? somalis first and foremost, have to be united, to resist any such thing... the fano will try to use mustafa and somali liyyu to start another war on oromia in the east, like abdi illey too, it's not farfetched to think so because the OLA is gaining ground all over Oromia and their ranks are growing...

Do you remember the forage donation by amhara kilil it happens that they were actualy transporting Fano militia and weapons to somali kilil.

Fano miltia now controls Jigjiga protecting Mustafa.
The power hungry amhara may give this a shot but abiy wont allow amhara to expand its power to other regions and there is even reports that some Fano militias got arrested in gojjam, I think abiy using his confusion tactic as usual promising to amhara that he will bring back amharo centric unitary state but never had that plan in his heart cuz all his steps indicate the otherwise

And so far amhara are the loosers in this game and the longer they have faith this imposter the harder it would be for them to evade from oromo subjugation let alone ruling other regions

The hell you smokin, what does religion has to do with ethiopian politics, orthodox amhara wants to annilate orthodox tigrayans with the help of afar munaafiqiins and the so called afars are engaging this war just to get the support of christians to massacre muslim somalis in sitti, so tell me what kind of muslim would fight for a christian aggressor just to get their help in killing muslim community.

The only habeshas that somalis could ally with is tigrayans( tho they are backstabbers yet they are still way better then afaris and qottis) and debub nationa like sidama but never with the munafiqiins in samara and easern oromia

The hell you smokin, what does religion has to do with ethiopian politics, orthodox amhara wants to annilate orthodox tigrayans with the help of afar munaafiqiins and the so called afars are engaging this war just to get the support of christians to massacre muslim somalis in sitti, so tell me what kind of muslim would fight for a christian aggressor just to get their help in killing muslim community.

The only habeshas that somalis could ally with is tigrayans( tho they are backstabbers yet they are still way better then afaris and qottis) and debub nationa like sidama but never with the munafiqiins in samara and easern oromia
Kani wa axmaar is qarinayo.

So if others do something wrong, you follow them too then? That's the logic you're using now. I mentioned religion because siding with them against Muslims is wrong, regardless of territorial dispute between Afar and Oromo or between Afar and somalis.

If you knew anything, you'd know the Afar we're neutral during the entire war between TPLF and Abiy/his allies, until tigrayan forces shelled afar civilians and invaded their lands. Afar were even giving refuge to tigrayan civilians. Afar do not want to wipe out Tigrayans they simply want TPLF out of their lands.

So if others do something wrong, you follow them too then? That's the logic you're using now. I mentioned religion because siding with them against Muslims is wrong, regardless of territorial dispute between Afar and Oromo or between Afar and somalis.

If you knew anything, you'd know the Afar we're neutral during the entire war between TPLF and Abiy/his allies, until tigrayan forces shelled afar civilians and invaded their lands. Afar were even giving refuge to tigrayan civilians. Afar do not want to wipe out Tigrayans they simply want TPLF out of their lands.
Pathological liar.
Afar justmlike amhara were never neutral and sided with an apostate Abye.

Afar shoyld kick both ENDF and TDF from their land but they thought few bribes from abye and weapons would make them attack TDF.
There is nothing valuable in afar region what do afar have that is significant apart from the rail track that links Djibouti to Addis Ababa?

TDF wanted to choke the livelyhood of the kafir and apostate Abye but it seems Afar decided to die for the murtad Abye.

So please dont bring in religion we are not idiots those same naked afars were burning somali towns in Western sitti and killing Somali unarmed civilians while ENDF supported afar miltias and wven encouraged them.

I doubt you are even a muslim.

Dont tell me that you even have difficulty in understanding what neutrality means:pachah1:

how can someone be neutral when he is hosting hundreds of thousands equipped with modern armaments inside his territory and cry for fake genocide when the opposing side tries to get inside, consider them as invading enemies and fight against them to death ? How is afar neutral when they let ENDF use ethio jibouti corridor and never let TDF use it equally and even imposed defacto blockade on tigray region? How is afar neutral when they are giving tax to abiy? And how is TDF supposed to uproot ENDF without attacking their bases in afar region or you wanted them to stay in tigray and wait till the ENDF regroup and attack tigray again?

Afars could've claimed to be neutral only if they have opposed the presence of both ENDF and TDF in their region and let them use that corridor equally which is something they didnt.

So you can say these 21century slaves have no say regarding their choices and actions but you would look at best a troll if you said afars were neutral.

As for the religion issue, I dont know how your logic works but islam has set a limit as to what you can tolerate and afar munafiqeens have preached that limit, conspiring with a christian leader who praises jewish for displacing muslims and occupying beytal maqdas against a muslim nation and allowing such crusades to rule muslims in east africa is not something that could be tolerated unless youre munaafiq like them, why would you act as if they are fighting for islam cause.

my prediction for the year 2050: oromo liberation army are still fighting bushes and malaria.
Tho they proved incompetent in toppling addisababa regime, they are now reported to be successful in cleansing amhara from oromia region and now amhara peasants in oromia who once came for land grabbing are now begging for safe route to amhra region thanks to this qotti front:lolbron:

Warya @Sheikh Kulkuli abiy seems to have changed his tone, in today's speech, he spoke like he is ready and willing to negotiate with TPLF aka the former junta, and tho this might indicate that he is normalizing the supposed backdoor negotiations he already had with TPLF, I still consider this a great news cuz military deadlock is all we need.