Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
you were such a hardcore qeero supporter what happened? To be honest I hope extremist jawar stays locked up indefinitely
Especially Lemma Megersa shud be tried at Int'l crimes tribunal for genocide
Stay Out GIF by Arrow Video

I dont know what the doctor means in this.

But it seems during the haydays of EPRDF, Amhara politicians were the biggest anti Somali and always would bring debates to parliament as to why Somalis were given a kilil as theybare not Ethiopians.

But it seems during the haydays of EPRDF, Amhara politicians were the biggest anti Somali and always would bring debates to parliament as to why Somalis were given a kilil as theybare not Ethiopians.

What's best source/account for Ethiopian inner politics?

Why did he mention Habar Jeclo?? What's the context?

Why did he mention Habar Jeclo?? What's the context?

Tbh I dont know.I am also lost.
Maybe hè is referring to current SL politics.

He is trying to elaborate the paradox of how much hatred and bigotry amhara is showing towards us while the hailecagjar and his team are still busy in defending amhara

He quoted the conclusion of the political initiative of one of the supposedly open minded and progressive amhara politicians which goes like" amhara, oromo, tigray and afar should come together to build an all inclusive government" excluding somalis from his list

So faisal is trying to say, if the progessive amhara dont even consider us ethiopians what do we expect from the minilikites, and if they hate us more than they do with their fellow tigrayans isnt it disgusting for somalis to engage in this war and lastly if ethiopia is treating us like this when its in the middle of civil war how we would be treated if they once again establish strong centralized govt

As for "habarjecloy waa kaa muuse" it has nothing to do with sland politics but rather its a decades if not centuries old somali proverb( common among isaaqs) used to refer the context in which someone who is unknowingly expected to do or behave in a way that he can't or isnt willing due to him having secret agenda is exposed on a broad daylight.
And on the post he changed some words of the maahmaah by another informal ones like buurtayada( Amharanized somalis like cagjar) and buuralayda( informal word used by somalis to refer amhara cuz they live in highlands) to make the maahmaah more target oriented.
So it basically says anyone who might have sympathy for amhara, this is the kind of enemy and hypocrites that youre going to help

Btw this professor is the most brilliant and farsighted DDS intellectual I've ever seen, he has a tremendous knowledge about the past and has the ability to grasp whats happening at the moment and predict what could happen in the near future but no one is listening, kakistocracy at its best.

Last edited:
Senbete was the best chance FANO had to stop TDF, with the natural defensive geography around Senbete. There's nothing stopping them now.

He is trying to elaborate the paradox of how much hatred and bigotry amhara is showing towards us while the hailecagjar and his team are still busy in defending amhara

He quoted the conclusion of the political initiative of one of the supposedly open minded and progressive amhara politicians which goes like" amhara, oromo, tigray and afar should come together to build an all inclusive government" excluding somalis from his list

So faisal is trying to say, if the progessive amhara dont even consider us ethiopians what do we expect from the minilikites, and if they hate us more than they do with their fellow tigrayans isnt it disgusting for somalis to engage in this war and lastly if ethiopia is treating us like this when its in the middle of civil war how we would be treated if they once again establish strong centralized govt

As for "habarjecloy waa kaa muuse" it has nothing to do with sland politics but rather its a decades if not centuries old somali proverb( common among isaaqs) used to refer the context in which someone who is unknowingly expected to do or behave in a way that he can't or isnt willing due to him having secret agenda is exposed on a broad daylight.
And on the post he changed some words of the maahmaah by another informal ones like buurtayada( Amharanized somalis like cagjar) and buuralayda( informal word used by somalis to refer amhara cuz they live in highlands) to make the maahmaah more target oriented.
So it basically says anyone who might have sympathy for amhara, this is the kind of enemy and hypocrites that youre going to help

Btw this professor is the most brilliant and farsighted DDS intellectual I've ever seen, he has a tremendous knowledge about the past and has the ability to grasp whats happening at the moment and predict what could happen in the near future but no one is listening, kakistocracy at its best.
Thank you for your insight.

The HJ reference is about current president Muuse Biixi Cabdi. There was abaar or drought in 2016 that effected the eastern regions. The president of Somaliland at that time Siilanyo said he'll delay elections to 2017. Muuse Biixi protested this decision and threatened to sue Siilanyo for delaying elections which at time he was the running candidate for Kulmiye. The HJ elders of whom Muuse Biixi was counting on their vote to deliver him and among the worst hit communities of the drought went on TV and said "Habar Jecloy Muuse wakaa'

It meant something like "look people our clan is going through a severe drought and this person (MBC) does not care about us and will sue existing HJ president instead of focusing on us, his constitutes" Muuse Biixi than backed down and accepted the postponement focusing more on the drought effected eastern regions.

If I had to guess the Somalis are using the same logic about this Amharic figure who completely disregarded any role for Somalis in Ethiopia's politics while Somali daboleef like Caqjar are fighting for Amhara dominated government tooth & nail.

The HJ reference is about current president Muuse Biixi Cabdi. There was abaar or drought in 2016 that effected the eastern regions. The president of Somaliland at that time Siilanyo said he'll delay elections to 2017. Muuse Biixi protested this decision and threatened to sue Siilanyo for delaying elections which at time he was the running candidate for Kulmiye. The HJ elders of whom Muuse Biixi was counting on their vote to deliver him and among the worst hit communities of the drought went on TV and said "Habar Jecloy Muuse wakaa'

It meant something like "look people our clan is going through a severe drought and this person (MBC) does not care about us and will sue existing HJ president instead of focusing on us, his constitutes" Muuse Biixi than backed down and accepted the postponement focusing more on the drought effected eastern regions.

If I had to guess the Somalis are using the same logic about this Amharic figure who completely disregarded any role for Somalis in Ethiopia's politics while Somali daboleef like Caqjar are fighting for Amhara dominated government tooth & nail.
According to this article written in 2007, Muuse was a man who wanted to become a suldaan for Habarjeclo, he beat up his rival's son and his rival said : Habarjeclooy Muuse waakaa, meaning he's not qualified to become a suldaan or his actions say otherwise, so that saying preceded Muuse Biixi.

Stay tuned.

This time war is inevitable I guess Amhara hawks yearning for Tigray blood have conviced Abye to match to Makelle.

Most of the Ethiopian military have started to vacate the DDS on their way to Tigray border.

I do beleve this war will not happen buy Abye is trying to instil fear in Tigray to surrender.But Tigray is a nation within a nation.

The only way Abye can win is air superiority.

-Blowing up the Makelle Power generating head quaters.
-Blowing up the Satellite communications.
-Destroying Bridges and other vital constructions.

I dont think Abye has capacity unless China gave him the drones like those Kazakistan is using against Armenia.
Over a year later and much worse than before

Trending