Civil war enters second year in Ethiopia

Wallahi it’s funny to me how Oromos waited for tdf to do all the work and out of nowhere want to act like they were doing any damage. I’m sorry to say this but OLA is just a bunch of pussies. Waited for Tigray to karbash Amhara then join the fight.
Oromos are the biggest Ethiopian amxaaro nationalist out there don't believe whatever an oromo says on the net

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Yes I don’t see the problem with dire dawa staying with ethiopia if it means the rest of Ogaden is free, but there is no disputed towns with afars.
Crazy, split the town up at the very least it’s an old and sacred city warya.

World

VIP
Crazy, split the town up at the very least it’s an old and sacred city warya.
I mean it’s only one city and if the afran qallo outnumber the gurgura and ciise then honestly it’s an L we have to take if the rest of the region can be free

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Wallahi it’s funny to me how Oromos waited for tdf to do all the work and out of nowhere want to act like they were doing any damage. I’m sorry to say this but OLA is just a bunch of pussies. Waited for Tigray to karbash Amhara then join the fight.
You gotta realize tigray had more better weapons and were getting military intelligence by the Americans. Tigrays been getting ready for this war for years stock piling Ethiopia best weapons in their region. Also they are more united compared to oromos

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
1635889122793.png

The modern day emperor is in a perilous situation. 1 year anniversary is tomorrow, and is this how it ends, TDF and the piggybanking copycat OLA surrounding Addis?

digaagjecel

You gotta realize tigray had more better weapons and were getting military intelligence by the Americans. Tigrays been getting ready for this war for years stock piling Ethiopia best weapons in their region. Also they are more united compared to oromos
They can’t even capture small cities in their own region. There is no excuse for Oromos, we all know tdf had everything in place for them but still it takes balls to fight against a powerful regime that blowed your region to smithereens.

digaagjecel

I mean it’s only one city and if the afran qallo outnumber the gurgura and ciise then honestly it’s an L we have to take if the rest of the region can be free
Hold a referendum and split the city up according to the results, simple and easy.

If OLA had the weapons, funds, etc that the TDF led Tigrayans have, it'd be over quicker. However, even with that being said, the land OLA administers is bigger than Tigray. Tigrayans were preparing for years for this. The amount of weapons they've stashed is crazy man. Not to mention that their 250,000 strong police and militias are all United and joined TDF after initially scattering when Abiy and his allies first struck Tigray.

Oromia Police is split between those fighting for Abiy against OLA, for the sake of their paychecks, and the other part which is refusing to fight, some of which are joining OLA. This is why Eritrean troops and Amhara troops also are in parts of Oromia. Especially in the west where the OLA has a strong presence.
Our local government was created by TPLF remember? To counteract the OLA? So of course they wouldn't be as loyal to their people as the TPLF is to Tigrayans.

They can’t even capture small cities in their own region. There is no excuse for Oromos, we all know tdf had everything in place for them but still it takes balls to fight against a powerful regime that blowed your region to smithereens.

Lies.

And this was from 7 months ago.

As someone from DD I can tell you Gurgura are the majority of the Somali Clan, but not the majority in the city. Noole outnumber them. And besides, we would never fight eachother. Never have, never will. There is no dispute, we live amongst and intermarry. We’ve gifted them land deep into Noole land. No issue between us. Everyone lives in their respected neighborhood, a lot of interaction but no issue with the residents there. Only from outsiders.

Noole do not outnumber the Gurgura in both the non-urban and urban areas of Dire Dawa combined, especially, after the non-urban Gurgura woreda was added to the City proper. The Noole boundaries with the Gurgura are further South than the Dire Dawa as the Gurguras live to the immediate South of Dire Dawa all the way to Kombolcha etc. Your Manu Abu subclan, for instance, live closer to Harar.

Yes, you began to heavily settle in the city after many of your merchants became rich from the Khat trade in the 19th century but that was in Gurgura land. Not much difference than the Gurgura who live in majority AQ areas such as Kombolcha. Noole are now long established DD citizens but you cannot deny that most of the land that Dire Dawa sits on belongs to the Gurgura and Ciise. Nor can you deny that the combined population of both the Ciise and Gurgura outnumber you.

The million dollar question is if Ethiiopia collapses, will Dire Dawa join the Somali or Oromo region? The answer lies in whoever the Gurgura side with as you very well know from how AQ leaders attempt to convince the Gurgura to identify as AQ in recent History.

Lastly, would Oromos accept, if the Gurgura vote to join their Somali kin, Dire Dawa joining a hypothetical Somali Regional State etc. or Will There Be Blood as I expect?

Why would OLA join a war between Amhara and TDF? It was none of our concern, their fight.. not ours. We had our issue in Oromia fighting the federal Army in Wallaga and Guji areas. So calm your self down. Of course we’re excited that parts of Wallo is under OLA. Wallo hasn’t been under Oromo control in many years so it’s great to see it being liberated and inshallah cleaned up of Neft ideology.

Noole do not outnumber the Gurgura in both the non-urban and urban areas of Dire Dawa combined, especially, after the non-urban Gurgura woreda was added to the City proper. The Noole boundaries with the Gurgura are further South than the Dire Dawa as the Gurguras live to the immediate South of Dire Dawa all the way to Kombolcha etc. Your Manu Abu subclan, for instance, live closer to Harar.

Yes, you began to heavily settle in the city after many of your merchants became rich from the Khat trade in the 19th century but that was in Gurgura land. Not much difference than the Gurgura who live in majority AQ areas such as Kombolcha. Noole are now long established DD citizens but you cannot deny that most of the land that Dire Dawa sits on belongs to the Gurgura and Ciise. Nor can you deny that the combined population of both the Ciise and Gurgura outnumber you.

The million dollar question is if Ethiiopia collapses, will Dire Dawa join the Somali or Oromo region? The answer lies in whoever the Gurgura side with as you very well know from how AQ leaders attempt to convince the Gurgura to identify as AQ in recent History.

Lastly, would Oromos accept, if the Gurgura vote to join their Somali kin, Dire Dawa joining a hypothetical Somali Regional State etc. or Will There Be Blood as I expect?

Gurgura land I can agree, Isse no. Isse are more recent. I still hear stories from my grandparents as to a huge population of issue moving into DD in the 60s but still not sufficient to control. The area of DD is the border between both Noole and Gurgura. The urban area we are definitely larger by number but in the badiya area, they are. Noole farm more in the Kombulcha area. At the end of the day, it’s hard to cut these 2 people apart as they’ve intermarried so much that most Gurguras around DD have Noole mothers and same goes with the Nooles having Gurgura mothers. At the end of the day, they’d both have sat in that city by marriage ties and by it being their natural border/barrier.

That million dollar question is undetermined. The Noole are hardcore Oromo and also heavily mixed with Gurgura. It’s hard to tell what will happen with DD. For the most part, Oromos as a whole are more concern for Finfinne and Oromia. These border disputes must have referendum by the local people and no interference from the outside. Oromos from other areas or even neighboring towns cannot have a say. It’s up to the residents.

I don’t believe Oromos as a whole know much about Gurgura tbh. They’re mostly only known by the Hararghe Oromos. It would matter to others unless we’re talking about losing DD. It can obviously cause conflict but I hope it’s would be a safe and fair vote from the people.

Last edited:

digaagjecel

Gurgura land I can agree, Isse no. Isse are more recent. I still hear stories from my grandparents as to a huge population of issue moving into DD in the 60s but still not sufficient to control. The area of DD is the border between both Noole and Gurgura. The urban area we are definitely larger by number but in the badiya area, they are. Noole farm more in the Kombulcha area. At the end of the day, it’s hard to cut these 2 people apart as they’ve intermarried so much that most Gurguras around DD have Noole mothers and same goes with the Nooles having Gurgura mothers. At the end of the day, they’d both have sat in that city by marriage ties and by it being their natural border/barrier.

That million dollar question is undetermined. The Noole are hardcore Oromo and also heavily mixed with Gurgura. It’s hard to tell what will happen with DD. For the most part, Oromos as a whole of more concern for Finfinne and Oromia. These border disputes must have referendum by the local people and no interference for the outside. Oromos from other areas or even neighboring towns cannot have a say. It’s up to the residents.
I agree on that part as well, what if the gurgure choose to stay with oromia(which I don’t believe). At the point we would be forcing them to join a nation they don’t want to. People will choose their future.

I agree on that part as well, what if the gurgure choose to stay with oromia(which I don’t believe). At the point we would be forcing them to join a nation they don’t want to. People will choose their future.

If they choose Somali and y’all end up joining Somalia or forming your own new Somali nation, kuddos to them for keeping their origins on a leash and staying with their peeps.but as Somalis would you also grant the local Oromo citizenship, would they be tortured or made to escape the city or would the be treated a second class citizens?

Trending