Are you in love?

iskufilann

inactive.
Already started, and it's going well but I don't know if it'll result in "love". It depends entirely on how nuturing and supportive she is. As much as it pains me to admit this, most men just want someone to give them a pat on the back when they've worked hard and show a little appreciation. Someone to spur them on when things get a little rocky and truly believe in them.

You can make the argument that "they're just being pussies who want another mommy figure" and it would be a valid argument. But nothing even comes close to being truly and genuinely cared for, let's see if she makes the cut :manny:
Hope it works out for you walaal. If it does not, remember that there are plenty of fishes in the sea!!

I’m in love with an unattainable pro-athlete fml
:snoop:
Damn that's sad how does one even fall in love with someone thry havent even gotten to know personally plus celebrities are for the streets.
thats everyones man/woman mjlol.png

Last edited:
Do I believe in the notion of romantic and enduring love? Yes. Though I can only love someone capable of love. Other conditions must be met such as, age homogeneity, shared religious ideology, clan origins, similar status/education, financial stability, reliability, faithfulness, honesty, attractiveness with intersecting life plans where there is a marital commitment.​
Out of curiosity: how does 'clan origins' factor into the love quarry? Is it more of a preference?

I am of the opinion love eclipses other alluring barriers, where one compromises over all else for its attainability.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Out of curiosity: how does 'clan origins' factor into the love quarry? Is it more of a preference?

I am of the opinion love eclipses other alluring barriers, where one compromises over all else for its attainability.
I suppose everyone has a different set of values. I value and honour my heritage partly because of the standard set by my father. I want to pass down my clan history (hidden and publically available) to my children. I am a traditionalist, and I know no one else, but Beesha would appreciate that to the same extent. That is my brand of love. I do not care about the individualistic sort and am unlikely to compromise as time elapses. If anything, my stance has only become more well-entrenched. That does not diminish people from other branches of the Somali phylogenetic tree. They are kinfolk, and the walaalnimo is there. It is just that aspect of commonality is more a requirement than a preference at this juncture. I like to make sure my choices of a spouse are in sync with and on-brand with my Somali politics, where I would like both our funds to go for infrastructure projects; hence all roads lead to the same gobol. No Abdi will lose sleep over this, given there are plenty of smart, successful, beautiful and nubile Halimos for the picking who are very relaxed on this dimension. 🤷‍♀️

I suppose everyone has a different set of values. I value and honour my heritage partly because of the standard set by my father. I want to pass down my clan history (hidden and publically available) to my children. I am a traditionalist, and I know no one else, but Beesha would appreciate that to the same extent. That is my brand of love.​
Thank you for the elucidation. I am squatting on the opposite angle to yours where I am in favour of farther distancing one's love interest from one's immediate kin, and/or clan, for I would want my progeny to have 'reer abti'.

I am now curious as to your political thinking, but perhaps another day in a more befitting topic of discussion.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Thank you for the elucidation. I am squatting on the opposite angle to yours where I am in favour of farther distancing one's love interest from one's immediate kin, and/or clan, for I would want my progeny to have 'reer abti'.
I don't think Somali men care who they marry. Anyway, I have no interest in close cousin marriage. From what I gather we weren't the sort to practice that but married from different branches of the clan so I'm ok in that respect. Plus, there is 23andme which can be used to prevent that sort of arrangement.
I am now curious as to your political thinking, but perhaps another day in a more befitting topic of discussion.
I think I've mentioned it in the politics section.

Garaad diinle

 
The duality of man.
I'm not racist or race centric person but looking at her something felt off. I was feeling some foreign dna in the mix. She looks arabian no peninsula arab for some reason so i had confirm. In one of her top tiktoks videos she posted herself with a saudi flag at 50% and a somali flag at 50%. My somali senses was tingling and i knew she wasn't a pure somali oh by the way did i say that i'm not a racist?

By the way is this you?

WjXThjG.png

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
I'm not racist or race centric person but looking at her something felt off. I was feeling some foreign dna in the mix. She looks arabian no peninsula arab for some reason so i had confirm. In one of her top tiktoks videos she posted herself with a saudi flag at 50% and a somali flag at 50%. My somali senses was tingling and i knew she wasn't a pure somali oh by the way did i say that i'm not a racist?

By the way is this you?

WjXThjG.png
:ohhh:

Same! I'm able to tell when someone's mixed usually. They just look off.

Garaad diinle

 
:ohhh:

Same! I'm able to tell when someone's mixed usually. They just look off.
Right! Oh thank allah i'm not alone i was beginning to question my own sanity and who am i. The sharp prominent jaw, the cheetah like skull from the side and the eyes is what tipped me off.

Last edited:

Trending