arabisation

Garaad diinle

 
I thought Ad were from Yemen, u telling me Allah destroyed these giants in Somalia??

Also AD had strongest empire in the world at that time so maybe they subjugated the Somalis land
Nah bro it sounds similar but not the same story. Caad means clouds in af somali. These people were said to be giants from the clouds that ruled somalia and had a sophisticated kingdom. They eventually disappeared and somalis took control of the land. They were tiiri or giants. What is weird is people of ad from the quran al-karim were actually destroyed by strong winds after seeing dark clouds. They meaning caad could even dig a well through hard solid rock similar to how the people of ad could carve through hard solid rock and create buildings.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
What do u think ab the land of Punt blogger saying we are ~75% Eurasian and that most underestimate our Eurasian ancestry? @Shimbiris

He's patently wrong, I would say. One look at a PCA should tell you all you need to know or some simple formal statistic runs. We're 40% Eurasian at best. It's usually just folks who make too much of mixed ADMIXTURE components like Ethio-Somali and who wanna run away from madows who would argue insanity like us being nearly 80% "Eurasian".

No u got it wrong Allah destroyed ad so hud and the believers were the remainders and his descendants were save and and other qahtani tribes

He's patently wrong, I would say. One look at a PCA should tell you all you need to know or some simple formal statistic runs. We're 40% Eurasian at best. It's usually just folks who make too much of mixed ADMIXTURE components like Ethio-Somali and who wanna run away from madows who would argue insanity like us being nearly 80% "Eurasian".
Somalis are descendants of saba as are habeshas we have similar phenotype but they adopted language

Nah bro it sounds similar but not the same story. Caad means clouds in af somali. These people were said to be giants from the clouds that ruled somalia and had a sophisticated kingdom. They eventually disappeared and somalis took control of the land. They were tiiri or giants. What is weird is people of ad from the quran al-karim were actually destroyed by strong winds after seeing dark clouds. They meaning caad could even dig a well through hard solid rock similar to how the people of ad could carve through hard solid rock and create buildings.
If thats true, than Quran is referring to same people than

AD were the only giants and most physical dominant humans Allah ever created, and they subjagated every race near by

Weres proof of these stories of Giants in Somalia??

Garaad diinle

 
If thats true, than Quran is referring to same people than

AD were the only giants and most physical dominant humans Allah ever created, and they subjagated every race near by

Weres proof of these stories of Giants in Somalia??
It probably not the same people but the similarities are out of this world. I found the story in a story collection i'll uppdate you when i find it.

U can still see their graves as cairns all around Somaliweyn. Said Shidaad hypothesised that Tiiri, toghether with Madanle, were the Somali before us

Garaad diinle

 
U can still see their graves as cairns all around Somaliweyn. Said Shidaad hypothesised that Tiiri, toghether with Madanle, were the Somali before us
Yeah the story said that when the tiiri ruled the plebeians were called aji. When the tiiri were gone the aji took over.

Garaad diinle

 
Were the Non Dir, Isaaq iyo Darood also known as Aji? Bc Aji today are only Dir, Isaaq iyo Darood
No. As far as i know in the north it was sab iyo aji. In the south sab iyo samale. That being said aji can also mean noble birth. I'll post now the source.

I found the source if you're interested.
@Mount23

Page 26

No. As far as i know in the north it was sab iyo aji. In the south sab iyo samale. That being said aji can also mean noble birth. I'll post now the source.

I found the source if you're interested.
@Mount23

Page 26

Sab iyo Samaale also includes Aji in Samaale and Sab has a totally different meaning in the south, were it refers to the noble D&M

Garaad diinle

 
Sab has a totally different meaning in the south, were it refers to the noble D&M
My theory is that southern sab were powerfull therefore sab didn't mean anything bad menwhile
in the north sab had many of their cattles and settelment taken and can only relay on the other somalis. Yibir were powerfull in futuh al-habasha and their was a port named midgan meaning madhiban. If other somalis took over the south sab would have negative connotation. Of course this is just a theory.

Sab iyo Samaale also includes Aji in Samaale
Interesting. I only thought they were included in aji iyo ajuran xeer. What are these aji? who do they include other than daroods who came durning the past 300-400 years ago.

My theory is that southern sab were powerfull therefore sab didn't mean anything bad menwhile
in the north sab had many of their cattles and settelment taken and can only relay on the other somalis. Yibir were powerfull in futuh al-habasha and their was a port named midgan meaning madhiban. If other somalis took over the south sab would have negative connotation. Of course this is just a theory.
Yibir weren't mentioned in Futuh, but the Jidwaaq sub Yabarre. And I believe it went the other way; Sab meaning noble by all Somalis then changing for Aji. Same with gun, positive meaning in the south, but negarive in the north. Also, Sab means dignitary in Egyptian, same as Aji in the north
Interesting. I only thought they were included in aji iyo ajuran xeer. What are these aji? who do they include other than daroods who came durning the past 300-400 years ago.
All Aji in the south: Biimaal, Surre etc.

Garaad diinle

 
I haven't read it directly, but that's what I'h read from 2nd hand scources. Makes sens since other Jidwaaq subs are listed separately, even today
Don't listen to them it's definitely not yabaare. Wallahi i don't know where they get their information from i had to quickly search for it not an easy job let me tell you. It's on page 26.

Furthermore you might have heard of axmad gurey of habar maqadi. He is actually called axmad giri of habar maqadi not gurey of habar maqadi.

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
I haven't read it directly, but that's what I'h read from 2nd hand scources. Makes sens since other Jidwaaq subs are listed separately, even today
Never mind it's up in the air at this point but i think i agree with you now it's more likely it was yabarre. I had a caption lying around probably from a different copy. The one found online said yabarre while mine was ambiguous.

Bm092P6.jpg

gszoA24.png

About axmad gurey of habar maqadi is probably the same think but this one had harakat meaning vowels signs so i don't know.

VlY5oYs.png

4sqLAih.jpg