arabisation

Amber

A blessed human
I believe somalia should undergo some arabisation
Somali should be written in arabic and Arabic should be taught and will be on tv channels so the language is extremely common
The flag should also be a mix of somaliland and somali so there is arab and cushitic element
Somali qabiils should do DNA tests and the qabil closer to a yemeni tribe should say eg Isaaq was 'Azd or sum apart from daroods as we are banu hashim
That genuinely is your opinion, a bit questionable. A bit "ana carab" ish, which bothers me. You should take pride in your Somali origins, though

Arab booty clapper Abdi 2.jpg

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
Islam is a very crucial part of Somalia society but the deen doesn’t force anyone to throw away culture, traditions and languages. As long as it’s halal it’s not problematic.

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
Somali should be written in arabic and Arabic should be taught and will be on tv channels so the language is extremely common
The flag should also be a mix of somaliland and somali so there is arab and cushitic element
Somali qabiils should do DNA tests and the qabil closer to a yemeni tribe should say eg Isaaq was 'Azd or sum apart from daroods as we are banu hashim
HUUH? LMFAO, when i read the title i was expecting another kid crying about why there is so much "arab" culture in somali, and def not this. :ftw9nwa:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I did a whole thread on this, walaal. It was commonplace in Arabia historically. They have the same basic culture as us and other Horners in this respect, to be honest. Many Berbers were similar as well. Even in the nabi's (SAW) day things like blacksmithing, potting, carpentry and masonry were looked down upon and mostly done by out-caste tribes or ajanabis. Madinah's crafts folk back then were apparently overwhelmingly ajanabi as I link to in my thread.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not Sabaean but most likely the result of intra-Horn mixing and comes from Xabashis ultimately and it's only 5-10%. Either that or it's not even actually Arabian but is ancient Egyptian ancestry that came from Nubia with things like farming, the plough and other innovations into the Horn around 2000BCE with Y-DNA E-Z813 because some runs where both Ancient Egyptian and Yemeni samples are used show the Somalis showing AE ancestry but no Yemeni ancestry while the Yemeni ancestry in Xabashis and other Horners is depressed in favor of some AE ancestry. Either way, ancient Ethiosemitic and AE ancestry is not "Arab".
What about Isaaq and Dir they have T-l208 They came from the Arab shepherds ??

You’re a disgrace to your ancestors!! Where is your pride warya!!

I am a Somali, not an Arab. I am Muslim and see Arab Musims as my coreligionists. That is all I care about. Everything else about me is a Horner and an African.

Garaad diinle

 
Wallahi, I don't know for sure. Christopher Ehret, as you probably know, believes Koonfur or the more southern end of Galbeed is roughly the homeland but I don't find that plausible and there's no proof of some Saho-Afar or whatever other substrate in North-Central Somali dialects and it makes little sense to me that they migrated northward 1,500 years ago then started expanding southwards again as early 1,000 years ago or so. And we do have the Futux that shows that the tribal makeup of north-western galbeed was already mostly established 500 years ago but yeah, I don't really know. I personally suspect NW Galbeed or Galbeed in general probably is where Somaloids mainly coalesced and expanded out of, though.
I honestly think it's more likely that it was a downward path along the red sea.
There might have been two to three waves that arrived to east africa from sudan one of them is south cushite which have a higher eurasian component than the other cushites. Another wave came through the highlanders and the last one through eritrea.

Now which one of these paths did our ancestor use, both the highlanders such as the amhara region and eritrea have a sizeable e-v32? As you may have noticed somalis belong to lowland east cushitic and it's only found in eritrea while the amhara regin have non. On a closer look it appears to be some sort of path from eritrea. There you have afar saho languages a lowland east cushitic and south of them you have the somali languages. West of that we find somaliod and oromid languages.

In summary the lowland east cushitic came from eritrea to somalia and radiatet from there in waves towards the west. You've got the bayso arbore, the baz language which appears to be somaliod, daasanach and el molo. The next weves of somaloid have already domesticated camels and they are the rendille, sakuye, gabra, madanle, ajuran garre, jiddo, tunni, dabarre, irole, aweer and finaly the various daroods.

There is a clear westward travel path from somalia. We also know that the closest lowland east cushitic language is oromo perhaps they split from somalis in somalia or they must have intermixed with one or more somaloid population since they're known to incorporate foreign people. Camel domestication in somaliod people is also a good indication. It followed the usual path from east to west along the somaloid path.

Wallahi, I don't know for sure. Christopher Ehret, as you probably know, believes Koonfur or the more southern end of Galbeed is roughly the homeland but I don't find that plausible and there's no proof of some Saho-Afar or whatever other substrate in North-Central Somali dialects and it makes little sense to me that they migrated northward 1,500 years ago then started expanding southwards again as early 1,000 years ago or so. And we do have the Futux that shows that the tribal makeup of north-western galbeed was already mostly established 500 years ago but yeah, I don't really know. I personally suspect NW Galbeed or Galbeed in general probably is where Somaloids mainly coalesced and expanded out of, though.

It seems Cushites first started entering the Horn just a bit before 3000 BCE as around 3000 BCE is when we start seeing signs of them everywhere from Woqooyi to Koonfur to all over the highlands where they left cave paintings, rock carvings, stelae, cairns and burial mounds but it seems based on the South-Cushite samples that we have that they may have been somewhat genetically diverse and come in waves so we don't know when specifically the Agaw-East-South Cushitic branch truly entered but probably by ~2000 BCE at least as that seems to be when our E-Z813 Y-DNA breaks off from folks who were likely in Sudan. I suspect the bulk of our ancestors were already in the Horn before that and there was just another migration of Cushites from Sudan after that who admixed into us. Wallahi, I need to refresh myself and do more research on this, inshallah. A lot to parse out.

I did a whole thread on this, walaal. It was commonplace in Arabia historically. They have the same basic culture as us and other Horners in this respect, to be honest. Many Berbers were similar as well. Even in the nabi's (SAW) day things like blacksmithing, potting, carpentry and masonry were looked down upon and mostly done by out-caste tribes or ajanabis. Madinah's crafts folk back then were apparently overwhelmingly ajanabi as I link to in my thread.

Your description is similar to this map:

Wait what do you know about bayso oral stories can you refer me to your source?
Did they actually say jigjiga by name. recent linguistic study by an Ethiopian
A recent lingustic study by an Ethiopian. Should be in the Wiki reference of Bayso page
I honestly think it's more likely that it was a downward path along the red sea.
There might have been two to three waves that arrived to east africa from sudan one of them is south cushite which have a higher eurasian component than the other cushites. Another wave came through the highlanders and the last one through eritrea.

Now which one of these paths did our ancestor use, both the highlanders such as the amhara region and eritrea have a sizeable e-v32? As you may have noticed somalis belong to lowland east cushitic and it's only found in eritrea while the amhara regin have non. On a closer look it appears to be some sort of path from eritrea. There you have afar saho languages a lowland east cushitic and south of them you have the somali languages. West of that we find somaliod and oromid languages.

In summary the lowland east cushitic came from eritrea to somalia and radiatet from there in waves towards the west. You've got the bayso arbore, the baz language which appears to be somaliod, daasanach and el molo. The next weves of somaloid have already domesticated camels and they are the rendille, sakuye, gabra, madanle, ajuran garre, jiddo, tunni, dabarre, irole, aweer and finaly the various daroods.

There is a clear westward travel path from somalia. We also know that the closest lowland east cushitic language is oromo perhaps they split from somalis in somalia or they must have intermixed with one or more somaloid population since they're known to incorporate foreign people. Camel domestication in somaliod people is also a good indication. It followed the usual path from east to west along the somaloid path.
How west do u think Somalis continously lived? Have heard just the foothill of Shewa. Also read that Maya were a Lowland east Cushitic Language

Garaad diinle

 
A recent lingustic study by an Ethiopian. Should be in the Wiki reference of Bayso page

How west do u think Somalis continously lived? Have heard just the foothill of Shewa. Also read that Maya were a Lowland east Cushitic Language
Hard to say if we're talking about genetics it's most likely the kenyan cole cave man. Geneticly
speaking he could very well have been a somaliod or a somali pastorales who lived 3287 years before present.

In terms of language It becames quite tricky. For starters we have the baz language, baz meaning bad in somali which means ocean or a body of water. These baz speakers have all been absorbed by nilotic people and we only know of their existence through loans found in these nilotic languages. In kalenjin which is one of these nilotic languages that absorbed the baz speaker and is the ethinicity of eliud kipchoge the marthon runner they say rooba for rain. It's believed that these baz speakers might have lived in kenya, tanzania and uganda.

Then you have the bayso a language which a mystery, it's vocabulary appears to be af maxa. I have many question about them they appear to have some ancient relationship with guji oromo and might have some of their clans man absorbed in the gujo oromo it's not very clear. Arbore are very ancient and they are featured in portuguese maps. They used to be found in kenya and some part of tanzania. Finaly the realativly speaking the historically recent swahilified garre living as far south as tanzania.

Arbore are very ancient and they are featured in portuguese maps. They used to be found in kenya and some part of tanzania. Finally the realativly speaking the historically recent swahilified garre living as far south as tanzania.
Arbore and karre living as far as Tanzania? What do u mean Arbore mention by Portuguese? Also, how deep were Karre in Swahili urban centers?

Garaad diinle

 
Arbore and karre living as far as Tanzania? What do u mean Arbore mention by Portuguese? Also, how deep were Karre in Swahili urban centers?
Oh nice your using K rather than G for garre. I guess it's more authentic. Arbore are shown in
old portuguese maps. Arbore use to live in kenya and the kenyan tanzanian borders behind the
lake turkana. They run away from nilotic expansion to what is today ethiopia and intermix with
other lockal clan to create arbore according to their oral tradition. The garre or karre that
live in tanzania are almost unrecognizable.They are swahilifid.

Nor Daarood or Isaaq are Banu Hashim as that's made up lineage myth story and the one who start it wasn't smart enough as banu Hashim descendants are forbidden to receive or get Zakat and yet a lot of Isaaq and Daarood get it 😂 😂

Oh nice your using K rather than G for garre. I guess it's more authentic. Arbore are shown in
old portuguese maps. Arbore use to live in kenya and the kenyan tanzanian borders behind the
lake turkana. They run away from nilotic expansion to what is today ethiopia and intermix with
other lockal clan to create arbore according to their oral tradition.
Source?
The garre or karre that
live in tanzania are almost unrecognizable.They are swahilifid.
How long have they been there? And where the major players in Swahili cities

Garaad diinle

 
Source? wallahi you'r puting me on the spot. What i'm saying is from memory and it's been a long time ago since i looked into these things, need to fresh up my memories. If you mean the arbore stuff i read it a long time ago while searching for oral stories about arbore and their neighbours never thought i would ever use it as a refrens i'll try to look for it. The arbore run with daasanach who is a nilotic group that adopted arbore language and culture. Genetic reaserch attest to the nilotic nature of the daasanach. About the map i think it was the same map that featured shungwaya if i'm not mistaken.

How long have they been there? And where the major players in Swahili cities
I think one of the presumably swahilfid or in the case of the video that i watched a nilotisased
garre in north to central tanzania they said that they arrived in tanzania around 200 years
ago. Before that they lived in kenya.

There are many other garre people that still lives in kenya. You got the katwa who are considered to be one of the 12 tribes of mombasa. They also live in malindi and lamu archipelago. You got the wasegeju who lives in kenya tanzanian borders and are also recorded by the portuguese. Finally you've got the wavanga. I read there is more but these that i wrote are important because despite their distance from somalis they appear to have somali clan names in their lineage. British explorars found and wrote about garre that were still speaking somali in islolo modern day kenya close to mount kenya in early 20th century late 19th century not to mention the nilotofied tunni in kenya. The garre fled in waves at the time of oromo invasion. In fact these clans remember when they clashed with the gaalo.

Source? wallahi you'r puting me on the spot. What i'm saying is from memory and it's been a long time ago since i looked into these things, need to fresh up my memories. If you mean the arbore stuff i read it a long time ago while searching for oral stories about arbore and their neighbours never thought i would ever use it as a refrens i'll try to look for it.

The arbore run with daasanach who is a nilotic group that adopted arbore language and culture. Genetic reaserch attest to the nilotic nature of the daasanach. About the map i think it was the same map that featured shungwaya if i'm not mistaken.
Don't daasanach speak their own dialect? or a 500 year old Arbore language that grew apart?
I think one of the presumably swahilfid or in the case of the video that i watched a nilotisased
garre in north to central tanzania they said that they arrived in tanzania around 200 years
ago. Before that they lived in kenya.
How much do u know ab Somaloids nilotic interaction? Somaloids in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania is crazy
There are many other garre people that still lives in kenya. You got the katwa who are considered to be one of the 12 tribes of mombasa. They also live in malindi and lamu archipelago. You got the wasegeju who lives in kenya tanzanian borders and are also recorded by the portuguese. Finally you've got the wavanga. I read there is more but these that i wrote are important because despite their distance from somalis they appear to have somali clan names in their lineage.
WaSegju are Somaloid? I knew they had a very close relationship with Katwa, but being of Somaloid origin is shocking
British explorars found and wrote about garre that were still speaking somali in islolo modern day kenya close to mount kenya in early 20th century late 19th century not
Scource? What kind of Somali were they speaking? Af-karre? I remember talking to a guy with NFD Ajuraan reer abtis who said that they used to speak a rendille like dialect until recently. Kenya seems to have been a very interesting area
to mention the nilotofied tunni in kenya.
Nilotified Tunnis in Kenya?
The garre fled in waves at the time of oromo invasion. In fact these clans remember when they clashed with the gaalo.
Yeah, even the later Daroods who kicked out Orma knew too; Madanle -> Garre & a unkown group known as Batira -> Orma -> Darood

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts