arabisation

With promotion of arabic following large migration of arab it could very well become dominant, if it becomes so prominent that somali is spoken by a minority it could very well reduce somali to a tiny percentile. But that hasnt been the trend so far, if anything the opposite, so i cant see it happening anytime soon.

Garaad diinle

 
What's interesting is that Fakhrudin, who's said to have been the first dynasty of Mogadishu, are mentioned by the Wthio in the 14th century. He had 3 other brother, Umurdiine, Shamsdiine and ahmeddiine. U know ab this?
I don't know about that i haven't read about it but it would be insane if we get our hands on it. Here is the oldest source i came across of ethipians talking about the alliance of mogadisho
and adal. By the way if you can't read arabic this website will help you by providing you with info about east africa writing in various books including arabic books for the last 2000 years.

It's possible that these clans that say that they came from hararghe were volunteers from
mogadisho or southern somalia who participated in wars against the habash and later on came back to southern somalia.

Last edited:

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
Don't listen to them it's definitely not yabaare. Wallahi i don't know where they get their information from i had to quickly search for it not an easy job let me tell you. It's on page 26.

Furthermore you might have heard of axmad gurey of habar maqadi. He is actually called axmad giri of habar maqadi not gurey of habar maqadi.
Yibir weren't nomads
All the somali clans mentioned as "Al somaal" in the futuh are the nomadic tribes
The urbans never referred to themselves by that
So no "يبري" in the futuh probably meant Yabare not yibir
Somaal was an occupational identity worn by Somalis who were nomadic
Somalis who were primarly sedentary, urbanites and agriculturalist werent called that. Soomaal only became an ethnic name after the fall of Adal.
If you want to know more about the somaal thing:

Garaad diinle

 
Yibir weren't nomads
All the somali clans mentioned as "Al somaal" in the futuh are the nomadic tribes
The urbans never referred to themselves by that
So no "يبري" in the futuh probably meant Yabare not yibir
Somaal was an occupational identity worn by Somalis who were nomadic
Somalis who were primarly sedentary, urbanites and agriculturalist werent called that. Soomaal only became an ethnic name after the fall of Adal.
If you want to know more about the somaal thing:
Yeah someone corrected me on this one and told me it's yabare not yibir.

Trending

Latest posts