An Open Letter To My Somali Diaspora Sister

Dearest Sister,

You have heard it all; the constant misogynistic remarks from our men. You have been ridiculed for your desire for a legitimate monogamous marriage. You have been called materialistic for wanting a man who will not withhold his wealth from you.
The best amongst our men will offer you a "traditional" marriage where you will be cut off from your social life and your existence be diminished into serving his needs.

My sister, you are not asking for too much. Look around. Married women of other ethnicities generally enjoy these rights that our men haggle us with. The truth is, while other men celebrate their women, most somali men tolerate us.

My sister, you have also heard of our other sisters who sufferred in the hands of ajinabi men. As much as I want to blame somali men for all our plights, it's time for us to reflect deeper.
No other group of diaspora muslim community has the highest number of single mothers. You know that the overwhelming majority of our children are raised without a father.

My sister, be like a steel magnolia. Flowery and feminine on the outside and strong on the inside. You cannot blind yourself to the reality that surrounds us anymore. No man is doing you a favor by marrying you.
However, you also don't have to pretend you can raise a family all by yourself. You need a good man by your side. Your children deserve a good father just like other women's children have.

My sister, choose wisely. You owe your loyalty only to yourself and the children you bring into this world.

From the depths of my heart,
T.Q

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Single mom isn't a death sentence if the relationship is toxic there is a reason why Allah allowed divorce. A lot women choose right yet men act uo afterwards. Divorce is between the min and dad. Just because i am divorced doesn't mean he divorce my kids. My kid has a dad in his life we're friends now frankly is better that for. My kid's dad is alive not dead. Being string is not always enough. Thanks

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Now you're being rude and lying about me.

Men like me? I don't impose it on anyone. I don't care what others do with their life's. The book demonized traditional marriages and I simply disagreed with it. I have my right to defend traditional marriages doesn't mean I am imposing it on anyone. You just sound like the majority of qashin Somali women that only knows how to slander people. Always victimizing and over-exaggerating themselves and demonizing their men when 90% of what is coming from their mouth is actually out of their ass. It's like you want to win the victim olympics and copy what foreign women do.

Men have their preferences and it's their right. Doesn't mean they're imposing anything.
Walahi you da man sxb. Go and tame that qumayo.

Everything you said was factz

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Women: We want gender equality!
download.jpeg

*WWIII begins

Any abled body,both male and female, above the age 18 should be drafted*

Women:
1_9eutA97fCtRKct33wlIkDA.jpeg

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Thats because im always learning and staying flux, questioning both sides.
I dont believe in anything unless ive thought about it for months on end.

Ive been where you are now and its not a health place too be.

Youre killing a fundamental part of yourself and your sense of belonging.
And nothing can replace that void, no matter how hard you try.

Thats what ive learned from being too changeable and deep down you know that as well.
Are you muslim again?:gladbron: You have finally seen the light sxb...... no not saaxib but walaal:friendhug:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Dearest Sister,

You have heard it all; the constant misogynistic remarks from our men. You have been ridiculed for your desire for a legitimate monogamous marriage. You have been called materialistic for wanting a man who will not withhold his wealth from you.
The best amongst our men will offer you a "traditional" marriage where you will be cut off from your social life and your existence be diminished into serving his needs.

My sister, you are not asking for too much. Look around. Married women of other ethnicities generally enjoy these rights that our men haggle us with. The truth is, while other men celebrate their women, most somali men tolerate us.

My sister, you have also heard of our other sisters who sufferred in the hands of ajinabi men. As much as I want to blame somali men for all our plights, it's time for us to reflect deeper.
No other group of diaspora muslim community has the highest number of single mothers. You know that the overwhelming majority of our children are raised without a father.

My sister, be like a steel magnolia. Flowery and feminine on the outside and strong on the inside. You cannot blind yourself to the reality that surrounds us anymore. No man is doing you a favor by marrying you.
However, you also don't have to pretend you can raise a family all by yourself. You need a good man by your side. Your children deserve a good father just like other women's children have.

My sister, choose wisely. You owe your loyalty only to yourself and the children you bring into this world.

From the depths of my heart,
T.Q

@Tameable Qumayo is @Arma your brother?

Tameable Qumayo's DM is locked. She is either unaware of the service or intentionally locked the same men she likes to communicate with out.

War meesha fur William Sheek Zubeer iyo ragga baahida hayso wax hakuu soo direene. Gaajayahay yari halagu asturee fur e-mailkaada.

PS: Gentlemen, whoever scores big with Tameable Qumayo thank me later. Update me on the progress inshallah.

She is as beautiful as she is decent. She seems the type who can be a good wife and companion.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Tameable Qumayo's DM is locked. She is either unaware of the service or intentionally locked the same men she likes to communicate with out.

War meesha fur William Sheek Zubeer iyo ragga baahida hayso wax hakuu soo direene. Gaajayahay yari halagu asturee fur e-mailkaada.

PS: Gentlemen, whoever scores big with Tameable Qumayo thank me later. Update me on the progress inshallah.

She is as beautiful as she is decent. She seems the type who can be a good wife and companion.

Zak do not visit sites. Fbi just sent me a msg about your activities

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP

Can you translate this for me bro

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member

Some of my close abdi allies have turned their back on me after this thread.
:jcoleno:
@Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer even said no more somali songs for me:yloezpe:

I'll have to redeem myself to be back in yalls good graces :feedme:

Last edited:

He is basically telling her to open her dms so that William and his hungry crew of men can message her. :ftw9nwa:

Wow @ZakWantsToPlay @Céleste didn't think I came across as a haraad-having Humeir :bell:

Some of my close abdi allies have turned their back on me after this thread.
:jcoleno:
@Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer even said no more somali songs for me:yloezpe:

I have to redeem myself to be back in yalls good graces :feedme:

It's alright fam your still good in my books.
I know I said no more songs, instead I wrote a reconciliatory poem but now I have to save face. :gucciwhat:
It's like @ZakWantsToPlay and @Céleste knew somehow what I was up to. :mjlol::pachah1:
Maybe I will post it still if there is demand :salute:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Last edited:

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I’ve noticed the bum lowlifes you ladies claim to hate are the ones your all over during high school/uni

But the miskiin decent ones who get no play are the ones you’d like to marry :damn: :damn:

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Why are you throwing me under the bus fam?:liberaltears: I thought you was my walal.

:browtf:Is this a compliment?
You disappointed me tbh. The generalization and making wrong assumptions about my brother @Factz was just wrong.:uCkf6mf::uCkf6mf::uCkf6mf::uCkf6mf:

I would've appreciated it if you didn't try taking digs at the opposite gender to get your point across.