the Saho people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, if you read the Book I have recommended, the author have explained the Saho history in the past and how the current regime skewed the actual ethnic population of Eritrea mainly due to the fact that the government is entirely led by the Tigrinya ruling elites who have historic hatred for the Eritrean Cushitic groups and the Lowlanders and how the Highlanders benefited from the regime by populating into other ethnic groups land causing them to migrate to another areas.

The author explained some deep interesting stuff in the war that wasn't explained in the mainstream history. For instance, the lowland ethnic groups, Afar and the Saho highlanders have lost large portion of lands to the Tigrinya people who de-populated them with the collaboration of Haile Selassie and Mengistu regime and weren't allowed to return to their native region till this day.

In short, no one really knows the number today.
yh when i wrote that post it was in jest as i am not very familiar with Eritrea. in fact i discovered the soho today--call me abdicolumbus.
i am very familiar with the injirle midgit xaar salasy and his hate for the Cushitic people of the horn. mr "i am actually Caucasian" is well known for his hate of somalis.

tbh afar and saho combined make up 7%. with such laangaabnimo i doubt they would figure much into Eritrean politics.
400px-Ethno-Demography_of_Eritrea.png

It's not really about their population size but that they settle in the important land and territories.

It's not really about their population size but that they settle in the important land and territories.
Yup, the tigrayans only inhabit a small portion of Eritrea in the highlands around Asmara and limited land has forced them settle their farmers in other ethnic lands which the others are not really happy with. Not to mention any of the so called demographic figures put out by the government should be taken with a grain of salt because they are most likely skewed.

Yup, the tigrayans only inhabit a small portion of Eritrea in the highlands around Asmara and limited land has forced them settle their farmers in other ethnic lands which the others are not really happy with. Not to mention any of the so called demographic figures put out by the government should be taken with a grain of salt because they are most likely skewed.

The Tigrinya's of Eritrea inhabit the lands of Akele Guzay, Hamasien, Seraye and parts of Semhar. 4% Saho may look small to you but it's not really.

You guys should look at the Sidaamo people. They're also really interesting and the Rendille (Reer diid) as well.

What's wrong with agriculture? The best coffee comes from their region.

According to one authority, the majority of the Sidama practice their traditional beliefs, and only in the 1960s that European missionaries came to their region did any leave that faith.[3] However, according to the 1994 national census, only 14.9% practice traditional beliefs while the majority (66.8%) are Protestant, 7.7% Muslim, 4.6% Catholic, and 2.3% practice Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity.[6]

:cosbyhmm: i would have thought orthodox why did ethiopian gov allow them to preach Protestantism.
isnt it a short time to change their believes to that extent

So what? They're also Cushitic speakers with an interesting language and culture.
I mean, look at this:

What do you know about Rendille's though? They're probably the most interesting bc they are like Somali's before Islam.
cushitic really doesnt mean jack anyway.

i read about the rendile and those fuckers speak partly somali. but they fucked a little too much with the nilotes and now walk around like this.

dlcPicture13R5m.png

According to one authority, the majority of the Sidama practice their traditional beliefs, and only in the 1960s that European missionaries came to their region did any leave that faith.[3] However, according to the 1994 national census, only 14.9% practice traditional beliefs while the majority (66.8%) are Protestant, 7.7% Muslim, 4.6% Catholic, and 2.3% practice Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity.[6]

:cosbyhmm: i would have thought orthodox why did ethiopian gov allow them to preach Protestantism.
isnt it a short time to change their believes to that extent
Missionaries target rural people practicing tribal beliefs

cushitic really doesnt mean jack anyway.

i read about the rendile and those fuckers speak partly somali. but they fucked a little too much with the nilotes and now walk around like this.

dlcPicture13R5m.png
It does though. It generally shows a common ancestry amongst different ethnicities.
Also, not all Rendille people are mixed with Nilotic people.
But anyway, continue with your thread... :sass1:

:mindblown:shit took off like wild fire. also it seems like the orthodox leadership would be against it.

Protestantism took Europe out of the dark ages:ufdup:

They targeted rural people that's why really, and their population growth is the fastest of course. The Amhara, Somali, Tigray, Afar regions are still what they were like before.

The PM is Protestant lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending