the Saho people

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much on their history but I think they are still majority Catholic too, but I may be wrong.
i meant from other saho non christian ones. the christian ones seem very habeshized in dress and dance even music. hopefully someone here can tell us if they are converts of religion or they just changed their language.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Saho is a amalgamated linguistic group. It's not really an ethnic. Some are originally Habesha others Afar. Others from Arabs and Gadafur is from Gadabursi Somali.

I once talked to a Saho who identified as originally Habesha and explained to me what being Saho actually meant to him.

i meant from other saho non christian ones. the christian ones seem very habeshized in dress and dance even music. hopefully someone here can tell us if they are converts of religion or they just changed their language.

That was a Tigrinya song that's why^:icon lol:. She has a Saho song too:icon lol:

Saho is a amalgamated linguistic group. It's not really an ethnic. Some are originally Habesha others Afar. Others from Arabs and Gadafur is from Gadabursi Somali.

I once talked to a Saho who identified as originally Habesha and explained to me what being Saho actually meant to him.
so how do the gadafur view the gadabursi and how do they place themselves in saho lineage

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
so how do the gadafur view the gadabursi and how do they place themselves in saho lineage
The Saho of Eritrea: Ethnic Identity and National Consciousness
By Abdulkader Saleh Mohammad

"Abdulkader is a Eritrean researcher."

The last one is counted among the Saho holy families who act as religious leaders and mediators of the Minifere tribes and who are highly privileged and respected. It is said that the Gadafur are of Somali origin from the tribe of Gadabursi

I think they fit into the Saho lineage by marriage and language.

How they view the Gadabursi I'm not aware of yet as I've only met one of those Habesha Saho's

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
I highly recommend you to read The Saho of Eritrea: Ethnic Identity and National Consciousness.

Last edited:
Saho people are not genetically related to Somalis. They have Habesha origins, and are related to their Amhara, Tigray, Jeberti, etc cousins.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Saho people are not genetically related to Somalis. They have Habesha origins, and are related to their Amhara, Tigray, Jeberti, etc cousins.
They are genetically related to Somalis, don't be ridiculous. They are just possibly not as closely related to us as they are to the Habesha people.
Saying they aren't related to us, implying that there is no genetic relation is a strange statement to make.

The Saho of Eritrea: Ethnic Identity and National Consciousness
By Abdulkader Saleh Mohammad

"Abdulkader is a Eritrean researcher."

I think they fit into the Saho lineage by marriage and language.

How they view the Gadabursi I'm not aware of yet as I've only met one of those Habesha Saho's
very interesting stuff really.

They are genetically related to Somalis, don't be ridiculous. They are just possibly not as closely related to us as they are to the Habesha people.
Saying they aren't related to us, implying that there is no genetic relation is a strange statement to make.
they actually look very somali to me. and culture wise also dress like somali in traditional clothes. but they are an intermediary people so they are mixed.

they actually look very somali to me. and culture wise also dress like somali in traditional clothes. but they are an intermediary people so they are mixed.
Saho people don't look like Somalis. Did you see the wedding video? They have the typical Eritrean look - long nappy hair, short, light skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts