the Saho people

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was their religion before they embraced protestantism?

Traditional beliefs were the majority I think, and next Islam then Orthodoxy, I doubt they were majority Orthodox before the missionaries came. Most Orthodox and Muslim places are still Orthodox and Muslim, but Muslims/Orthodox in Western Oromia and the SNNPR are more easy to convert going by the censuses.

Traditional beliefs were the majority I think, and next Islam then Orthodoxy, I doubt they were majority Orthodox before the missionaries came. Most Orthodox and Muslim places are still Orthodox and Muslim, but Muslims/Orthodox in Western Oromia and the SNNPR are more easy to convert going by the censuses.
Interesting. Does the Orthodox church publicly oppose this trend?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
cushitic really doesnt mean jack anyway.

i read about the rendile and those fuckers speak partly somali. but they fucked a little too much with the nilotes and now walk around like this.

dlcPicture13R5m.png

:deadrose:

I wonder how the Somalis who've adopted another failed culture in the U.S. will fare in a few decades

According to one authority, the majority of the Sidama practice their traditional beliefs, and only in the 1960s that European missionaries came to their region did any leave that faith.[3] However, according to the 1994 national census, only 14.9% practice traditional beliefs while the majority (66.8%) are Protestant, 7.7% Muslim, 4.6% Catholic, and 2.3% practice Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity.[6]

:cosbyhmm: i would have thought orthodox why did ethiopian gov allow them to preach Protestantism.
isnt it a short time to change their believes to that extent

Their religion doesn't concern me. They are a Cushitic speaking people who live on prime real estate.

As for Protestantism, I think it's from having a long history of western Christian aid organisations converting the people.

They targeted rural people that's why really, and their population growth is the fastest of course. The Amhara, Somali, Tigray, Afar regions are still what they were like before.

The PM is Protestant lol
to think that there are still places of holdout for ancient Cushitic religions. i wish there were documentaries showing their faith and lives.

they are still being wipped out and soon all left will be names of long gone places just like somalia.

Interesting. Does the Orthodox church publicly oppose this trend?

Not really publicly, but there are areas where one group blames another for attacking them, and it always happens to be Muslim v Protestant or Protestant v Orthodox. Protestants think they are under attack:camby:. Always in the religiously mixed Western part as well.

Their religion doesn't concern me. They are a Cushitic speaking people who live on prime real estate.

As for Protestantism, I think it's from having a long history of western Christian aid organisations converting the people.

They are a Cushitic speaking people known for nothing you want them to be and have a city the entire nation loves, uses as a vacation spot for resorts and is one of the cleanest cities in the country.

@HILIB-CUNE Btw this is what I meant about the crusade thing on post 4:mjlol:.

Not really publicly, but there are areas where one group blames another for attacking them, and it always happens to be Muslim v Protestant or Protestant v Orthodox. Protestants think they are under attack:camby:. Always in the religiously mixed Western part as well.
So there's potential for a religious civil war? This is a blessing in disguise, all the Muslims will unite under Somali leadership.
:rejoice::lolbron:

So there's potential for a religious civil war? This is a blessing in disguise, all the Muslims will unite under Somali leadership.
:rejoice::lolbron:

Doubt it, the citizens in general are religiously peaceful. Nobody is interested in religious war, what Protestants want is to spread their beliefs, it's one of their main goals.

The new census is this year if you must know, will be interesting.:deadpeter::deadosama:

i thought it was the other way round. does that mean hararis are out of the brotherhood of cush

The way y'all care so much about different Ethiopian and Eritrean tribes is really funny. They don't even care or think about Somalis, and yet you guys think about them so much smh. It reminds me of the Canadian-American complex

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
The way y'all care so much about different Ethiopian and Eritrean tribes is really funny. They don't even care or think about Somalis, and yet you guys think about them so much smh. It reminds me of the Canadian-American complex
It's interesting learning about and discussing other ethnic groups in the Horn of Africa. Having to have the people you're talking about care about your ethnic group as a prerequisite is stupid. It's like discussing Eskimos and someone saying "Eskimos don't even know you exist, why do you care about them so much?". Makes no sense.

Doubt it, the citizens in general are religiously peaceful. Nobody is interested in religious war, what Protestants want is to spread their beliefs, it's one of their main goals.

The new census is this year if you must know, will be interesting.:deadpeter::deadosama:
Join us sxb
:rejoice:
Soon ethiopia will crumble & Somaliweyn will be resurrected. If you want us to spare your Tigray tuulos then you must allow us to have a free hand in oromia.
:patrice::banderas:

It's interesting learning about and discussing other ethnic groups in the Horn of Africa. Having to have the people you're talking about care about your ethnic group as a prerequisite is stupid. It's like discussing Eskimos and someone saying "Eskimos don't even know you exist, why do you care about them so much?". Makes no sense.
I get what you're saying duct tape, but I feel like the Somalis on here are a bit too obsessed with Ethiopiam/Eritrean ppl. If you go on their forums, you won't find many threads about Somalis.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I get what you're saying duct tape, but I feel like the Somalis on here are a bit too obsessed with Ethiopiam/Eritrean ppl. If you go on their forums, you won't find many threads about Somalis.
Actually, you'd be surprised. I had a look at that Mereja Ethiopian/Eritrean forum a while back and on the home page alone I saw about 6 threads about Somalis. We seem to be a hot topic at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts