Is being a house wife oppressive to women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, And the biggest, wealthiest, the base of Liberal Hollywood country just sworn in a president who bragged about groping women by their pussy :russ:

Yes, because the words of one man can deflect from the fact that women in the Muslim world are treated like shit. The western world is the best for women, only facts mate.
:manny:

@SenseSays

Listen to this c*nt!
:kodaksmiley:

I simply pointed out that women who are educated have less kids as a consequence of their independence and self determination. Women who choose to live as housewives are free to do it and I support their decision.

Don't listen to this fool who'd rather straw man than be honest. I want women to choose, not be told what's good for them.

The emancipation of society can only be achieved by educating women.[/QUOTE]

Your problem is seeing the west as haven without social issues. Women struggle in every society. Improving their economic status and education should be universal and not west vs. the rest of the world. You don't accept people can have identities and cultures that are dear to them unless these are white and euro stock related. To you, human beings are worthless unless they fit certain mold. If you are honest about improving a woman's life, you have to accept she can make a choice whether she is educated or not.

You have one track mind and everything else is bad because you deem it so. Don't get angry if you are exposed for the charlatan you are mate :pachah1:

Sense

For an Atheist, that says a lot right? The obsession with God and religion he has LOL. I am Muslim so it would make sense if I go around post religious topics and participate. And I never do and have no plans to do so actually. I am not religious and struggle with the daily prayer. I just respond to his disinformation about Islam because I have debated plenty of his friends online and offline. I may know an answer or two to counter what he writes. I don't want him to prey on the kids and the uneducated here who don't have a good knowledge of Islam.

They(Cozy and friends) have an obsession and love for god expressed in the negative.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Yes, because the words of one man can deflect from the fact that women in the Muslim world are treated like shit. The western world is the best for women, only facts mate.
:manny:

@SenseSays

Listen to this c*nt!
:kodaksmiley:

I simply pointed out that women who are educated have less kids as a consequence of their independence and self determination. Women who choose to live as housewives are free to do it and I support their decision.

Don't listen to this fool who'd rather straw man than be honest. I want women to choose, not be told what's good for them.

The emancipation of society can only be achieved by educating women.

Your problem is seeing the west as haven without social issues. Women struggle in every society. Improving their economic status and education should be universal and not west vs. the rest of the world. You don't accept people can have identities and cultures that are dear to them unless these are white and euro stock related. To you, human beings are worthless unless they fit certain mold. If you are honest about improving a woman's life, you have to accept she can make a choice whether she is educated or not.

You have one track mind and everything else is bad because you deem it so. Don't get angry if you are exposed for the charlatan you are mate :pachah1:[/QUOTE]

I believe this and I believe that... I have never seen one guy who can't keep his words out of other people's mouths.

The only thing that was exposed is the level of retardation that you seem to endow. I never once claimed the west doesn't have problems. What I did say was that it's the best place for women and the facts show this. Women are able to choose what lives they wish to live, if they can pursues education or if hey can become housewives (all viable options). The sort of woman a young Somali wife will become is dictated by the social norms of Somali society, which state that a woman should stay at home whilst the man works. That's not a choice, that's demeaning of women. The west has its fair share of problems but women fought for their rights to work. Somalia digressed from the relatively free and open society of the pre war to a society of religious zealots where women are placed in bags. Women were a lot more free before then now, in fact, they had equal rights to men whilst German women of the seventies had to ask for permission from their husbands. Do you think that's good?

As you can see I believe in freedom of women and not the blind conformity to a societies attitude on how women should be treated.

If anything, you've showed you know nothing about your own people. Somali women were free until the Saudi Gulf money came piling in with their bags they placed over our women. That's what Somalia has become. That's primitive and disgraceful!

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Sense

For an Atheist, that says a lot right? The obsession with God and religion he has LOL. I am Muslim so it would make sense if I go around post religious topics and participate. And I never do and have no plans to do so actually. I am not religious and struggle with the daily prayer. I just respond to his disinformation about Islam because I have debated plenty of his friends online and offline. I may know an answer or two to counter what he writes. I don't want him to prey on the kids and the uneducated here who don't have a good knowledge of Islam.

They(Cozy and friends) have an obsession and love for god expressed in the negative.

I didn't even say shit about religion!!
:faysalwtf:

I swear I thought this was the religion section for a sec because @The_Cosmos and @Burhan are here :ftw9nwa:

Why cant you 2 be friends?

I never spoke about religion :mjohreally:

I just commented on the rights of women to choose how they wish to live. This guy takes offence to every thing I say. He thinks it's an insult to his religion.
:mjlaugh:

Why are women the ones expected to sacrifies their careers when it's time to start the family lol men wouldn't have to contemplate quitting their jobs or going part time. Becoming a house wife is detrimental in the long run anyway

Funny how folks on here always run to champion free choice whenever the topic at hand happen to fall upon something that already follows the status quo :kodaksmiley: most wouldn't support the opposite lmao

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Why are women the ones expected to sacrifies their careers when it's time to start the family lol men wouldn't have to contemplate quitting their jobs or going part time. Becoming a house wife is detrimental in the long run anyway

Funny how folks on here always run to champion free choice whenever the topic at hand happen to fall upon something that already follows the status quo :kodaksmiley: most wouldn't support the opposite lmao

It's only a choice when it fits their already twisted worldview. Nobody denies women the right to be housewives, we're just saying that women should be allowed to do the opposite without some male dominated society telling them what they can and cannot do. Somali society and culture is defined by old men with ginger beards, at least it is today.

I believe this and I believe that... I have never seen one guy who can't keep his words out of other people's mouths.

The only thing that was exposed is the level of retardation that you seem to endow. I never once claimed the west doesn't have problems. What I did say was that it's the best place for women and the facts show this. Women are able to choose what lives they wish to live, if they can pursues education or if hey can become housewives (all viable options). The sort of woman a young Somali wife will become is dictated by the social norms of Somali society, which state that a woman should stay at home whilst the man works. That's not a choice, that's demeaning of women. The west has its fair share of problems but women fought for their rights to work. Somalia digressed from the relatively free and open society of the pre war to a society of religious zealots where women are placed in bags. Women were a lot more free before then now, in fact, they had equal rights to men whilst German women of the seventies had to ask for permission from their husbands. Do you think that's good?

As you can see I believe in freedom of women and not the blind conformity to a societies attitude on how women should be treated.

If anything, you've showed you know nothing about your own people. Somali women were free until the Saudi Gulf money came piling in with their bags they placed over our women. That's what Somalia has become. That's primitive and disgraceful!

Supporting and advocating for women's freedom and choice is good but you also need to let women in all cultures define what is that freedom and choice ought to be for themselves. This approach is fair. You let women define the freedom and the choice they want without you or anyone else dictating what these freedoms and choices are. I don't think you would accept that because you want to define what freedom for some women ought to be because it looks good in your judgment.

Note how I didn't insult you, You don't upset me, I just happened to see through your beautiful vocabulary. I have respect for liberals and atheists who apply their wishes for themselves to others and accept people for who they are without seeking change in them.

Last edited:

It is a man's world regardless of where you look at on the world map. That is the honest truth and women everywhere can benefit from good advocacy that respect their choices and cultures regardless. Let the women define what the freedoms are and the choices.

At the end of the day, it will be you and the man you marry who will decide how your life rolls. Just don't seek blanket rule and choice for all women. That is the subject of debate.

It's only a choice when it fits their already twisted worldview. Nobody denies women the right to be housewives, we're just saying that women should be allowed to do the opposite without some male dominated society telling them what they can and cannot do. Somali society and culture is defined by old men with ginger beards, at least it is today.

LOL and they know it, that's why you always have a select few people whining about the poisonous western feminist :mjlol: anything to keep muh culture pure.

It is a man's world regardless of where you look at on the world map. That is the honest truth and women everywhere can benefit from good advocacy that respect their choices and cultures regardless. Let the women define what the freedoms are and the choices.

At the end of the day, it will be you and the man you marry who will decide how your life rolls. Just don't seek blanket rule and choice for all women. That is the subject of debate.

But somali culture puts blanket rules on my choices :kodaksmiley: am I not allowed to criticize it because you lot view it as sacred.

and you clearly don't respect the choices of women in the west going by the derisive tone in some of your other comments :kodaksmiley:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Supporting and advocating for women's freedom and choice is good but you also need to let women in all cultures define what is that freedom and choice ought to be for themselves. This approach is fair. You let women define the freedom and the choice they want without you or anyone else dictating what these freedoms and choices are. I don't think you would accept that because you want to define what freedom for some women ought to be because it looks good in your judgment.

Note how I didn't insult you, You don't upset me, I just happened to see through your beautiful vocabulary. I have respect for liberals and atheists who apply their wishes for themselves to others and accept people for who they are.

Those are all nice words that are built around false pretext. In order for it to be justified, the cultures those women live in should be egalitarian. Somali society is NOT egalitarian, at least not anymore. Men run the society and it is they who decide what is culturally defined as freedom for women. I don't disagree with your point, it's just purposely built on nothing but fancy words covering over the realities at hand. If a Somali woman walked out of her house without the hijab today, she'd be looked down upon. If she decides she wants to work, the culturally backward people will be against it. What makes it worse is that women are implicit in this thanks to the lack of education provided. Women can define their freedom of society allows them to but we knows Somalis society doesn't (post war society doesn't). A perfect example is how the religious class objected to allowing women in parliament (due to a Hadith that explicitly makes it clear that women shouldn't lead men).

Done try and get all civilised now, you made numerous insults towards on this threads and others. If you don't want to be insulted then you shouldn't dish any.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Would anyone think that being a stay at home dad is oppressive?
So why is oppressive when a woman chooses that?

It's not oppressive when it's a conscious choice, only when it's something that society expects from you. Example, Somali society.

Plus, many bad stigma is out on men wanting to be stay at home dads.

But somali culture puts blanket rules on my choices :kodaksmiley: am I not allowed to criticize it because you lot view it as sacred.

and you clearly don't respect the choices of women in the west going by the derisive tone in some of your other comments :kodaksmiley:

You can criticize if your criticism has merits. If you have a point, no serious person would disagree with you. And no, I don't have disrespect for western women by virtue of them being western. Many of them are victims of their own culture and society. Especially America has the worst western culture when it comes to women. From how the police interact with women young and old, to how society in general views women. And this culture in America is espoused by both men and women surprisingly. Only the younger generation has a different outlook.

I like to see qualifications for the criticism when people have some. That is all.

Because it all boils down to the fundamental difference between men and women's roles in relationships. As much as you wish it weren't the case, the model of men being stay-at-home nurturers and women being the sole breadwinners just doesn't work. Go and look at the divorce rates for stay-at-home fathers. Many women who are fiercer feminist than you have tried and failed at it.

It's simply nature and biology. :manny:

It's not oppressive when it's a conscious choice, only when it's something that society expects from you. Example, Somali society.

Plus, many bad stigma is out on men wanting to be stay at home dads.

I imagine most of us here are diasporan somali people so i don't see how pressure from other somali people in the west would affect a woman choice.

You can criticize if your criticism has merits. If you have a point, no serious person would disagree with you. And no, I don't disrespect for western women by virtue of them being western. Many of them are victims of their own culture and society. Especially America has the worst western culture when it comes to women. From how the police interacts with women young and old, to how society in general views women. And this bad culture in America is espoused by both men and women surprisingly. Only the younger generation has a different outlook.

I think they way women are treated/viewed in somali culture is oppressive and detrimental. :manny: don't see why I have to accommodate something that actively seeks to harm me

So you basically go around and preach about respecting cultures and treating them equal when it concerns yours then? all others are fair game lol ok. American women are treated infinity better than somali women, the only reason why you can't see that is because you're a man

Status
Not open for further replies.