Is being a house wife oppressive to women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simone de Beauvoir on women:

"Few tasks are more like the torture of Sisyphus than housework, with its endless repetition: the clean becomes soiled, the soiled is made clean, over and over, day after day. The housewife wears herself out marking time: she makes nothing, simply perpetuates the present … Eating, sleeping, cleaning – the years no longer rise up towards heaven, they lie spread out ahead, grey and identical. The battle against dust and dirt is never won."

"Man is defined as a human being and woman as a female – whenever she behaves as a human being she is said to imitate the male."

"One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman."

"On the day when it will be possible for woman to love not in her weakness but in strength, not to escape herself but to find herself, not to abase herself but to assert herself – on that day love will become for her, as for man, a source of life and not of mortal danger. In the meantime, love represents in its most touching form the curse that lies heavily upon woman confined in the feminine universe, woman mutilated, insufficient unto herself."

"To emancipate woman is to refuse to confine her to the relations she bears to man, not to deny them to her; let her have her independent existence and she will continue nonetheless to exist for him also: mutually recognising each other as subject, each will yet remain for the other an other. The reciprocity of their relations will not do away with the miracles – desire, possession, love, dream, adventure – worked by the division of human beings into two separate categories; and the words that move us – giving, conquering, uniting – will not lose their meaning. On the contrary, when we abolish the slavery of half of humanity, together with the whole system of hypocrisy that it implies, then the 'division' of humanity will reveal its genuine significance and the human couple will find its true form."

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
How about the man working the same old job day in day out tirinf him and aching his bones to earn bread for his family? Do you feminists suggest he put on his apron and enter the kitchen, cook some meat loaf and wash the dishes to? This is utterly ridiculous notion and the poison you sick feminists spread manages to twist every natural female role as some sort of oppression.

In Islam women are valued and all her own personal income and assets are hers and hers only and she doesn't bear any responsibility in contributions to the household. This does not bear true for the man, he is financially responsible for his wife(s) and children and must support them with any means he can fathom.

So woe to you if you cannot fulfill your basic household duties, you wont be married very long, stop trying to make women more into men. No man wanrs to marey another man!

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
The man is like the day & the woman is like the night the problem arises when the night wants to become the day :fittytousand:

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I love house hold duties not all women see housework as dreary. Working and staying away from your child is a heartbreaking reality most women endear in the western world. Both parents working, ultimately leaving the child alone at home with no moral guidance and support. I believe the opposite is happening as a result of this social change, disfunctional households, a rise in divorce etc. All due to this fairy tale image of women chasing careers instead of being mothers. Once I have children I will aim to stay at home and nurture them as this is my boilogical duty as a woman. I'm not going to slave away in the a system which doesn't want me to be with my child, working day in and day out. Whilst my child is alone and being looked after by strangers.

I love Simone de Beauvoir, she didn't lie

So woe to you if you cannot fulfill your basic household duties, you wont be married very long, stop trying to make women more into men

Funny, she just addressed this in the post

"Man is defined as a human being and woman as a female – whenever she behaves as a human being she is said to imitate the male."

"One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman."

:icon lol:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Children need nurturing and whether you like it or not women play the most critical role in the nurturing of the child.I think it's ideal to find a balance between work and looking after the child.If you have a competent male husband that can sustain the family with his salary i would advise that you seek part-time work to fulfill your career aspirations and your child needs.
Best of both worlds

Hannah_Montana_Logo.PNG

Children need nurturing and whether you like it or not women play the most critical role in the nurturing of the child.I think it's ideal to find a balance between work and looking after the child.If you have a competent male husband that can sustain the family with his salary i would advise that you seek part-time work to fulfill your career aspirations and your child needs.
Best of both worlds

Hannah_Montana_Logo.PNG
And for the father to also actively be apart of their children lives. Don't forget the Prophet (sawa) was also an amazing father.

I don't see anything wrong with being a housewife. Most women are happy and its a personal choice they have made. Isn't taking care of children what women are biologically meant to do. I would gladly stay at home, take care of the house and kids. I wouldn't want to miss their childhood.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I don't see anything wrong with being a housewife. Most women are happy and its a personal choice they have made. Isn't taking care of children what women are biologically meant to do. I would gladly stay at home, take care of the house and kids. I wouldn't want to miss their childhood.
All those years of education to waste :dwill::mjkkk::mjkkk:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Being a housewife is not ideal and working full time isnt either. Wallahi i would hate to be in a women's predicament of jeopardizing a bulk of your life dedicated to education for children.I would never ask my wife to be a housewife and sacrifice all those years of hard work for our kids,i would advise her to find a balance between work and children,but it is entirely her call.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
We've built society to the point where childrearing is actually a socially shared construct so being a housewife is probably only going to be marginally better than following a career path when it comes to raising children.

That being said I can't stand the new stigma surrounding stay at home parents. As if to say this job is easy or not worth respecting.

Being a housewife is not ideal and working full time isnt either. Wallahi i would hate to be in a women's predicament of jeopardizing a bulk of your life dedicated to education for children.I would never ask my wife to be a housewife and sacrifice all those years of hard work for our kids,i would advise her to find a balance between work and children,but it is entirely her call.

How selfish. Why don't you be the breadwinner and let ur wife take care of the kids.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
View it however you will, all I'm saying is that billions of women would love to be a housewife living a good life. The opinion of a radical feminist means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
How selfish. Why don't you be the breadwinner and let ur wife take care of the kids.
I doubt that any girl in the west that is educated would give up her lifelong aspirations just because of kids.There's maternal leave and you can work part-time.I wouldn't mind being the sole breadwinner tho,but i would hate to see her sacrifice something she worked hard for.Imagine if someone told me to be a househusband i would go hooks :manny:

It's not oppressive since its a choice you make, assuming you're not giving into pressure

I don't see anything wrong with being a housewife whether or not you have kids.
Tbh I think stay at home mom's should be paid for their work

Looks like we have another LSA heifer on here. :what:

Being a housewife is oppressive, but being a baby-mama living off the taxpayer is truly the embodiment of liberation.:heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending