Are going out on dates a waste of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a thread on it I think

I'd assume you've read it before no?

Yeah I read it :damn:

mjgrin.png

@VixR

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
It is for adults. The point of a date is to get to know the person and also to have fun at the sametime.
Fun ? We're not children can we not have a civilised date ? I would like to visit museums, educate myself. Why go out on a meal? Obesity is already an epidemic let's leave the food ey and do something worthwhile.

Bohol

VIP
Fun ? We're not children can we not have a civilised date ? I would like to visit museums, educate myself. Why go out on a meal? Obesity is already an epidemic let's leave the food ey and do something worthwhile.

I like museums (things to do with history) and aquariums. Most halimos are not into that though, no point taking them there.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
It isn't part of the Somali dating structure except for circumstance. It's just a public area guaranteed to have other somalis around you as some kind witness. Awful place to get to know someone but relatively safe for the girl.

Not sure what girl would accept a Shisha spot as a date destination but if they were to I would assume that's the reason for it.
:what1: While there are definitely a lot of girls that would tell you to bounce if you even uttered shisha I think you'd be surprised... If anything one of the worst things that can happen is seeing other Somalis you know. Then you might as well announce whatever you're up to everybody.

Fascinating. It's not considered ceeb to smoke or hang out in hookah spots?

HIMYM/F: We locked eyes over the burgeoning clouds of apple-scented hookah smoke, and right then I knew s/he was the one.
That's why I said it depends on how good the girl/guy is. There are plenty of guys and girls that are straight edge and don't partake. That said most of the time at shisha places you'll see guys hanging without other guys and girls hanging out with other girls. I feel like I've over-exaggerated how frequent mixed gender shisha outings happen. People going with their friend groups occurs more times for sure but it definitely happens.

e: not to mention a lot of Somalis do not date at all. Or at least not in the Western sense, kinda like @Lmao pointed out

VixR

Veritas
:dead:

Nothing is ceeb for these kids anymore tbh
Nah, I'm not judging just speculating this from my perspective, bc I didn't know this was a thing. I'm assuming this youth culture is hidden from the older gen cuz I could just imagine ohhh vixr was at the shisha lounge the other night reaching super saiyan gossip power. But then I guess we have other equivalents that're probably worse. No one here trusts each other. How many times has someone spotted one of us doing something or other, could be casual af, but they would bring it up in passing to mom or dad lool.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
@Kanye most girls here avoid public places when asked on a date. God forbid the snitch in your neighborhood shows up. :tacky:

Nah, I'm just speculating this from my perspective bc I didn't know this was a thing. I'm assuming this youth culture is hidden from the older gen cuz I could just imagine ohhh vixr was at the shisha lounge the other night reaching super saiyan gossip power. But then I guess we have other equivalents that're probably worse. No one here trusts each other. How many times has someone spotted one of us doing something or other, could be casual af, but they would bring it up in passing to mom or dad lool.

Iirc there aren't many Somalis where you're at, so the more tight knit a community the less attractive a place like shisha will be. For thr rest of us in densely populated areas like Toronto we're not as fearful of bring found out so group outings become the best solution. Mutually assured destruction. If one goes down everyone goes down.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
I like museums (things to do with history) and aquariums. Most halimos are not into that though, no point taking them there.
Well that's a shame, who doesn't want to learn new and amazing things which have happened in the past or present ? It's facinating touching sculptures, seeing painting, reading about people. This truly is a dumb culture we live in today where childlike activities excite common adults, whereas learning facinating knowledge is seen as dull and 'uncool'. I am rare female which doesn't mind a trip to the British museum. Let's take our papers and learn something together my dear, you and I ?

Is this a common date destination. Are shisha places Somali dating hotspots?

No one does that here. People have shisha pipes at home lol.

Sxb Somalis practically live in shisha lounges :dead:

At @Kanye forgot the obligatory dinner at some mediocre Arab/Persian resteraunt :deadpeter:

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
Preach, sister. These African-Arabians with their dinner and a movie w/ Hookah and complementary bellydancing got us all f'd up :dead:

Bohol

VIP
Well that's a shame, who doesn't want to learn new and amazing things which have happened in the past or present ? It's facinating touching sculptures, seeing painting, reading about people. This truly is a dumb culture we live in today where childlike activities excite common adults, whereas learning facinating knowledge is seen as dull and 'uncool'. I am rare female which doesn't mind a trip to the British museum. Let's take our papers and learn something together my dear, you and I ?

Haye it is a date then, get your jacket and brace the cold. What kind of painting artists do you like? I use to draw paintings based on
Georgia O'keeffe style.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Preach, sister. These African-Arabians with their dinner and a movie w/ Hookah and complementary bellydancing got us all f'd up :dead:
I am not friends with somalis in reality so this shisha is something I've never experienced, although I've heard negative health affects attributed to this oriental arabic pastime, now that's puts me off.

Thank goodness I do not attend outings with somalis, there taste in outdoor activities seem to be to destroy their lungs.

I honestly dont get the facination. I guess the flavours are quite neat but the novelty wears out pretty quickly. Like might as well pick up cigs if you're that intent on destroying ur lungs, it's less harmful than shisha which says a lot loool

VixR

Veritas
I am not friends with somalis in reality so this shisha is something I've never experienced, although I've heard negative health affects attributed to this oriental arabic pastime, now that's puts me off.
These goddamn orientals. The only marginally good thing about them are weakly seasoned Kebabs:icon lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts