Are going out on dates a waste of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I've been on one date with a faraax and he took me to a shisha place :ftw9nwa:

He paid for that because I don't smoke shisha lmaooooo
Is this a common date destination. Are shisha places Somali dating hotspots?

No one does that here. People have shisha pipes at home lol.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Is this a common date destination. Are shisha places Somali dating hotspots?

No one does that here. People have shisha pipes at home lol.

9/10 times, mediocre Asian steakhouse/restaurant followed by a movie or shisha lounge depending on how 'good' the other person is :icon lol:

Yes I agree the practise is qashin, I have never used a hooker in my life. However what I am saying is from a economical view and not
based on morality. I guess the reason people go the dating route it is because they view it as more "moral" compared to the other one.

Morality removed from the equation it still makes no sense unless it's a one-off thing. You pay a hooker bust a nut one time and it's finished. Her use as a resource has depleted unless you re-invest. The same is not necessarily true for dating because you're building an asset with much more potential.

Just go on the date sxb :bell:

VixR

Veritas
9/10 times, mediocre Asian steakhouse/restaurant followed by a movie or shisha lounge depending on how 'good' the other person is :icon lol:
:williamswtf:Guess that African-Arabian label is spot on. Dinner & a movie is typical no matter who you're dating, but the shisha lounge thing is funny to me, not to mention 9/10 :mjlol:

Bohol

VIP
@Kanye It is 50/50 with dates, with a hooker it is straight 100%
return in the short-term. So when you say you are building a asset in dating it is true but
it is not a outcome you can predict. It is a bit like like the currency trading, it can crash
anytime and you can lose thousands.

Kanye

:williamswtf:Guess that African-Arabian label is spot on. Dinner & a movie is pretty much typical no matter who you're dating, but the shisha lounge thing funny to me :mjlol:
... American Somalis don't go shisha? :dwill: I forgot, you guys just wanna bun up and leave like Sacdiya. :drakelaugh: To be honest though, all minorities go shisha here. From Arabs, Pakistanis, Indian (Sikhs & Hindus incl) to all sorts of Africans. Muslim minorities go a lot more frequent than others though.

Kanye

@Kanye It is 50/50 with dates, with a hooker it is straight 100%
return in the short-term. So when you say you are building a asset in dating it is true but
it is not a outcome you can predict. It is a bit like like the currency trading, it can crash
anytime and you can lose thousands.
Fair enough :ohno:

VixR

Veritas
... American Somalis don't go shisha? :dwill: I forgot, you guys just wanna bun up and leave like Sacdiya. :drakelaugh: To be honest though, all minorities go shisha here. From Arabs, Pakistanis, Indian (Sikhs & Hindus incl) to all sorts of Africans. Muslim minorities go a lot more frequent than others though.
I'm not speaking for the country. I know high population Arab areas have hooka spots. Here we have hookah/pipe/bong places ppl buy their paraphernalia from and throw parties or hangups. It isn't part of the Somali dating structure :icon lol:
Which really who ever came up with "movie and a date" structure also needs to be thoroughly cursed. Too many pp are lazily locked into that system.

:damn: :drakegrin:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I'm not speaking for the country. I know high population Arab areas have hooka spots. Here we have hookah/pipe/bong places ppl buy their paraphernalia from and throw parties or hangups. It isn't part of the Somali dating structure :icon lol:
Which really who ever came up with "movie and a date" structure also needs to be thoroughly cursed. Too many pp are lazily locked into that system.

It isn't part of the Somali dating structure except for circumstance. It's just a public area guaranteed to have other somalis around you as some kind witness. Awful place to get to know someone but relatively safe for the girl.

Not sure what girl would accept a Shisha spot as a date destination but if they were to I would assume that's the reason for it.

VixR

Veritas
It isn't part of the Somali dating structure except for circumstance. It's just a public area guaranteed to have other somalis around you as some kind witness. Awful place to get to know someone but relatively safe for the girl.

Not sure what girl would accept a Shisha spot as a date destination but if they were to I would assume that's the reason for it.
He said 9/10x, that's crazy common. Not sure about you, but that constitutes structure lol.

What you said makes sense though. Shoot, it's a change. I'm surprised tbh, bc it seems too non-conservative to be so common.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
He said 9/10x, that's crazy common. Not sure about you, but that constitutes structure lol.

What you said makes sense though. Shoot, it's a change. I'm surprised tbh, bc it seems too non-conservative to be so common.

It constitutes the first meet up between Somali kids who generally don't know one another. Usually it's a group outing and usually it's too packed to get more than a word in.

I wouldn't really call that a date. It's a weak entry into a girl's social circle. But that's how I've observe it here. UK seems to be addicted to shisha. Here it's morbid curiosity at best.

These niggas :deadpeter:

Don't do it with hookers

Go out on a date, get a girl. who knows what can come out of it?

Hookers have destroyed alot of lives.

VixR

Veritas
It constitutes the first meet up between Somali kids who generally don't know one another. Usually it's a group outing and usually it's too packed to get more than a word in.

I wouldn't really call that a date. It's a weak entry into a girl's social circle. But that's how I've observe it here. UK seems to be addicted to shisha. Here it's morbid curiosity at best.
Fascinating. It's not considered ceeb to smoke or hang out in hookah spots?

HIMYM/F: We locked eyes over the burgeoning clouds of apple-scented hookah smoke, and right then I knew s/he was the one.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP

I've never been to a shisha as a healthcare worker the damage this stuff does to your lungs is enough to put you off, having spent time on a respiratory ward is enough to put you off anything which damages your lungs. Long term oxygen therapy for someone who retains carbon dioxide is torture at best.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Fascinating. It's not considered ceeb to smoke or hang out in hookah spots?

HIMYM/F: We locked eyes over the burgeoning clouds of apple-scented hookah smoke, and right then I knew s/he was the one.

:dead:

Nothing is ceeb for these kids anymore tbh

Bohol

VIP
kkkk what girl allows to be taken to a shisha spot for a date? That is demeaning. Cinema, bowling,
restaurant, ice cream place, gocarting etc is okay though.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
:dead:

Nothing is ceeb for these kids anymore tbh
Dating is a boring concept tbh your not allowed to be alone anyway, for some reason people persume a man and woman alone,equals sex. Therfore having someone keep an eye on these animals will equate chastity. Such absurdity I've never heard in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.