Am I Somali or Ajnabi?

Somali or Ajnabi

• Total voters
It’s weird how it works but you would understand if you saw me.
Somalis already carry 40-50% Middle-Eastern ancestry from Ancient times.

That’s why I was confused when you claimed to look biracial or Black American. It’s standard that Somali-White mixes look Arab/Med because they’re carrying more Eurasian ancestry.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Mom is Somali (1/2 Ogaden, 1/2 Issaq/somalilander) and dad is white. Don't sugarcoat, am I considered Somali or Ajnabi/foreign and to what degree? I don't pass for white and you would think I am just a light skinned Somali guy (either that or Afr. American/Afr. American mixed with something else). I could probably pass for mostly Somali if I tried. But if I ain't welcome here IDGAF, better off knowing before I try to become apart of the community. I already dropped the white side a LONG time ago and kicked it like a football so I don't really know what I will claim but yeah. Also if I am not then what am I?

In the west most niggas don't give AF if you identify as somali. As long as your not problematic they won't revoke your somali card.

Back home they will most likely consider you a foreigner since you got no tribe. Your mom's tribe might still f*ck with you though.

Somalis already carry 40-50% Middle-Eastern ancestry from Ancient times.

That’s why I was confused when you claimed to look biracial or Black American. It’s standard that Somali-White mixes look Arab/Med because they’re carrying more Eurasian ancestry.
There is no way on this planet that my mom is anything less than 90% black. My mom does NOT look Arab lol. She's like 5'10-5'11, dark skinned with coily hair. I look black with some white (like only quarter white), which is ironic because my sister looks whiteish/quarter black or half white Latina.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP
We are muslim so your are whatever you father is. I want my kids to be somali thats the only reason I would go for these toxic faraxs. Ajnabi guys r cute tho.

Culturally no, but in reality and common sense yes. People will just call you langaab so you need to quiz your dad on your lineage and be able to name at least your great great great grandfather.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Mom is Somali (1/2 Ogaden, 1/2 Issaq/somalilander) and dad is white. Don't sugarcoat, am I considered Somali or Ajnabi/foreign and to what degree? I don't pass for white and you would think I am just a light skinned Somali guy (either that or Afr. American/Afr. American mixed with something else). I could probably pass for mostly Somali if I tried. But if I ain't welcome here IDGAF, better off knowing before I try to become apart of the community. I already dropped the white side a LONG time ago and kicked it like a football so I don't really know what I will claim but yeah. Also if I am not then what am I?
Only qabiilists will consider you not somali, but me personally I consider you somali if you can speak our language and lean towards our culture more and etc.

Trending