Am I Somali or Ajnabi?

Somali or Ajnabi

• Total voters
Mom is Somali (1/2 Ogaden, 1/2 Issaq/somalilander) and dad is white. Don't sugarcoat, am I considered Somali or Ajnabi/foreign and to what degree? I don't pass for white and you would think I am just a light skinned Somali guy (either that or Afr. American/Afr. American mixed with something else). I could probably pass for mostly Somali if I tried. But if I ain't welcome here IDGAF, better off knowing before I try to become apart of the community. I already dropped the white side a LONG time ago and kicked it like a football so I don't really know what I will claim but yeah. Also if I am not then what am I?

NidarNidar

Punisher
The blood ties run through the paternal side of the family and, hence, clan affiliation is inherited from the father, clan ideology is killing us slowly, some won't consider you at all, I always lean towards that the culture is inherited from the maternal side.

If you consider yourself Somali, you are Somali, at least in the West, back home your maternal family would probably fully adopt you.

Last edited:

bohom

Here to chill
Technically mixed, but since you say look Somali then you are pretty much Somali to the rest of the world.

The blood ties run through the paternal side of the family and, hence, clan affiliation is inherited from the father, clan ideology is killing us slowly, some won't consider you at all, I always lean towards that the culture is inherited from the maternal side.

If you consider yourself Somali, you are Somali.
I would be inclined to lol, white people are inbred purist fuckfaces who consider you outsider for even 5% foreign ancestry, let alone >50% (bc my dad is part south euro and they are usually mixed).

NidarNidar

Punisher
I would be inclined to lol, white people are inbred purist fuckfaces who consider you outsider for even 5% foreign ancestry, let alone >50% (bc my dad is part south euro and they are usually mixed).
You don't have to tell me, I've seen so many biracial kids with white mothers, they eventually reconnect with their father's side.

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
Mom is Somali (1/2 Ogaden, 1/2 Issaq/somalilander) and dad is white. Don't sugarcoat, am I considered Somali or Ajnabi/foreign and to what degree? I don't pass for white and you would think I am just a light skinned Somali guy (either that or Afr. American/Afr. American mixed with something else). I could probably pass for mostly Somali if I tried. But if I ain't welcome here IDGAF, better off knowing before I try to become apart of the community. I already dropped the white side a LONG time ago and kicked it like a football so I don't really know what I will claim but yeah. Also if I am not then what am I?
You are not really Somali but white person and learning qabil will not benefit you cause your dad is not Somali.

Come On What GIF