Somali man getting cooked on twitter for not liking his wife’s affection

Screenshot of original post:
BDCDDCB8-EBD2-4FB0-B229-32BD64BED375.png

I’m exactly like that girl fr I would do all of that for a man I love. Hope I don’t marry someone who sees it as suffocating 😭

World

VIP
He probably feels like he settled for his wife or something

Thats why so much affection feels like suffocation and turns into enmity for him. It's a constant reminder of the mistake he made.

But if she was a cold and treated him kinda shit, he would appreciate her more.

Last edited:
What do you men think of my analysis.
@Vapour @Nilotic @World @Keep it a boqol @Bari @Shimbiris @Aurelian @El Nino @Kisame

I think this is a lot less straightforward than him not being physically attracted to her. She could be stunning for all we know even from his perspective.

Many men didn’t grow up with affection, hence having all of this affection at once can be overwhelming. Plus, since it’s the beginning of the marriage and it might be very early days, I think some men require a bit of a push and pull and mental seduction unfortunately. As a poster mentioned, if she was a tad bit colder and distant from time to time, he’d appreciate the affections when he gets it. Basically, there no guessing game, or the initial unpredictability found in blossoming relationships which surprisingly some men thrive on. It’s boring. He knows where she 100% stands. Sometimes a bit of mystery and flirtation goes a long way. People love sexual tension. That’s what it is.

Since we’re Muslim, we don’t have the classic dating stages in which you’re able to flirt and figure each other out. We don’t have the romantic tension ect. It’s strictly formal, we ask each other a few questions and parents get involved then BOOM married. Hence it can be a bit much for a couple to go from not knowing each other very well and then being treated like you’re the love of someone’s life and being jumped on every second like a golden retriever high on crack. A bit of mystery? Seduction? Leaving him wanting for more? Being a tad unpredictable? That’s deffo needed in the beginning in order to stimulate some men’s mind.

Last edited:
It’s important to marry a woman you’re very very attracted to.Don’t settle
Attraction should go both ways for a healthy relationship not just one way because you'll always be chasing after them instead of chasing after each other. That the type of Abyo id marry 🥰🥰🥰

Attraction should go both ways for a healthy relationship not just one way because you'll always be chasing after them instead of chasing after each other. That the type of Abyo id marry 🥰🥰🥰
Yh but on average it’s more important for the man, woman can overlook looks to a certain degree.

Yh but on average it’s more important for the man, woman can overlook looks to a certain degree.
Yes sometimes looks aren't everything but you'd still want to be attracted to you spouse on both sides. Another stand point is what can each person provide for the other that they can't do. A relationship has to be like two hands washing each other and not one hand washing the other, while the other hand gets musty and crusty. Team work is the foundation to the relationship to any abyo that I form with.

@Vapour @Nilotic @World @Keep it a boqol @Bari @Shimbiris @Aurelian @El Nino @Kisame

I think this is a lot less straightforward than him not being physically attracted to her. She could be stunning for all we know even from his perspective.

Many men didn’t grow up with affection, hence having all of this affection at once can be overwhelming. Plus, since it’s the beginning of the marriage and it might be very early days, I think some men require a bit of a push and pull and mental seduction unfortunately. As a poster mentioned, if she was a tad bit colder and distant from time to time, he’d appreciate the affections when he gets it. Basically, there no guessing game, or the initial unpredictability found in blossoming relationships which surprisingly some men thrive on. It’s boring. He knows where she 100% stands. Sometimes a bit of mystery and flirtation goes a long way. People love sexual tension. That’s what it is.

Since we’re Muslim, we don’t have the classic dating stages in which you’re able to flirt and figure each other out. We don’t have the romantic tension ect. It’s strictly formal, we ask each other a few questions and parents get involved then BOOM married. Hence it can be a bit much for a couple to go from not knowing each other very well and then being treated like you’re the love of someone’s life and being jumped on every second like a golden retriever high on crack. A bit of mystery? Seduction? Leaving him wanting for more? Being a tad unpredictable? That’s deffo needed in the beginning in order to stimulate some men’s mind.
I agree with your analysis.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Posting this on twitter is crazy though. Now we will have a lot more ajnabi lurkers on the reddit

I'm no man, but you're never wrong, queen!
bow down nicki minaj GIF by Saturday Night Live

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP

You’re not wrong.

A lot of people also grow up without much unconditional affection, esp in our community. The guy probably is just overwhelmed and doesn’t realise why.

Honestly, people should take relationships at their own pace and be very transparent about how they feel. Saves a lot of mixed feelings and guesswork.

We dont have that dating stage 😂😂 come to xamar and u will see so many girls have boyfriends its called qudbo siro..
Its technical boyfriend girlfriend relationship somali version.

You’re not wrong.

A lot of people also grow up without much unconditional affection, esp in our community. The guy probably is just overwhelmed and doesn’t realise why.

Honestly, people should take relationships at their own pace and be very transparent about how they feel. Saves a lot of mixed feelings and guesswork.
I think we have a lot of dismissive avoidant attachment styles in our community especially amongst the men although I've observed this attitude in older generation women as well who find closeness and affection difficult. I think anxious attachment styles are in fact common amongst young women which is why you'll find messy breakups and high divorces being common being rife in those pear ups.

Unless the reddit couple become more transparent with their needs, this set up is open to being a bloodbath of tears, feeling of neglect and the wife's self esteem plummeting due feelings of not being desired or loved. The husband will feel suffocated and bored the more the wife pushes and presses. Beginning of a toxic cycle.

Trending