Your ideal place to retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
What exactly do you want out of your retirement? I just want a cheap, sunny and interesting place.

I take it you don't reside in Europe so you probably have a romanticised view of it, if so it's best you avoid South Europe because it will be flooded by tourists and the summer is just utter shit. Beaches will be flooded and you'll be dealing with the all the trashy chavs Britian has to give. Spain is the biggest example.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2sDkKAplL3X90j7P07Oc67&cshid=1571245727082

You're better off going to scarcely populated areas in South America.
Good weather, safe, good food, proximity to other places, Portugal checks out my list the only downside is the lack of Muslims.

And I wouldn’t live in SA if they paid me, most of the countries there are shithole.

I'm still reviewing my plans since i'm young but i like to plan ahead. i heard some areas in jakarta are nice. I could learn the landguage since i already know a couple of languages other than arabic and somali and am very good at learning languages.

Tbh it's going to be a fun experience. I plan to travel there some more before i make my final decisions. The good thing is all the food is halaal, so i don't have to worry about food.

@Yahya

Cool, it’s good to have goals and plans in life and there are many Arabic loan words in Bahasa and easy to learn according to my Aussie friend who started learning it in Uni & now speaks fluently. There are Halal and non halal foods in Jakarta. Also, alcohol is widely and legally available in Jakarta.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
For me, it could've been my and my father and his father's hometown of Kismayo. Unfortunately, thanks to South Somalis.......its a sh*tehole.

No, it'll be the land of my ancestors, the land of two coasts (Indian Ocean and Gulf of Aden), the land of Frankincense......

The Land of Dal Udug
Also known as
Puntland.

Macalin M

Out here
I have a strong feeling there will be a World War III by the second half of this century.
upload_2019-10-16_18-29-16.jpeg

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Yahya

Cool, it’s good to have goals and plans in life and there are many Arabic loan words in Bahasa and easy to learn according to my Aussie friend who started learning it in Uni & now speaks fluently. There are Halal and non halal foods in Jakarta. Also, alcohol is widely and legally available in Jakarta.
That's cool to hear.Yeah i figured there would be some alcohol and non halal food, but i won't be having it anyway.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Good weather, safe, good food, proximity to other places, Portugal checks out my list the only downside is the lack of Muslims.

And I wouldn’t live in SA if they paid me, most of the countries there are shithole.
Sorry to burst your bubble but most Muslim countries are shitholes as well or are a pretty shit place to be if you're a female or dark skinned.

South Asia seems to fit the bill here. I'd say Singapore.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Sorry to burst your bubble but most Muslim countries are shitholes as well or are a pretty shit place to be if you're a female or dark skinned.

South Asia seems to fit the bill here. I'd say Singapore.
No thank you I have decided Portugal, been there and loved it. Maybe if Singapore wasn’t so expensive I would’ve considered it.

That's cool to hear.Yeah i figured there would be some alcohol and non halal food, but i won't be having it anyway.

@Yahya

Are you open to the idea of marrying an Indonesian girl? I know a Somali guy here married to one and their plan is to move to Kalimantan (her family hometown) near Brunei and Malaysia when they retire.

Arma

VIP
I have a strong feeling there will be a World War III by the second half of this century.

It could do, but, most definitely not directly include powerful nuclear armed countries. What you'll most likely get is, nuclear armed countries using developing and underdeveloped countries, against each other. It'll be Cold War-esque.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
No thank you I have decided Portugal, been there and loved it. Maybe if Singapore wasn’t so expensive I would’ve considered it.
Kkkk you're gonna be meeting John here on his regular outing outside his natural habitat in Gibraltar into Portugal
download.jpeg

Arma

VIP
The thing that ignites it all. :ftw9nwa: Too ironic since the state of Israel was also a direct consequence of WWII. Never ending cycle.

They will not go down without a fight. They would literally take everybody down with them.

Apollo

VIP
They will not go down without a fight. They would literally take everybody down with them.

Exactly my point. Israel vs Iran will quickly escalate into a World War due to alliances and China will quickly take over all of East Asia while the West is fighting on the western front, :lol:.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Yahya

Are you open to the idea of marrying an Indonesian girl? I know a Somali guy here married to one and their plan is to move to Kalimantan (her family hometown) near Brunei and Malaysia when they retire.
I really don't mind. It would be the smarter thing to do, but it's a decision i've not made yet. I'm young and want to work on my education first and my side business. I'll think about that later sxb.

:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.