Mukhalas

Macawiis, dacas iyo AK47.
Malindi, Kenya
Mombasa, Kenya
Boga Moyo, Tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Namanga, Tanzania side
Tanga, Tanzania

These are gem places if you seek retirement.

Been to these places, except Boga Moyo, twice in the last 4 years and they have a beautiful laid back life. Not far from Somalia as well.
You forgot to add Zanzibar

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Apollo @SOMALI GENERAL @Yahya @P@$T0

I'm 27, so I hope what ever that's about to happen, happens as soon as. I wouldn't want sh*t to kick off, when I'm a wrinkly old man with a walking stick or in a wheelchair, at the mercy of boys in their late teens and 20s.
True walaahi. I wouldn't want to be too young or too old when shit kicks off. Imagine being a young man who just got freedom and finished studying after years of debt and just got a new job and a nice house.....only for the worst war to kick off and derail your new life. Neither would i want to be an old man that is too weak to defend his country and pride.

The movies got it spot on. As soon as the banks collapse and inflation goes up, ppl will be in the streets robbing and killing each other. The luckiest will be those away from the cities that have farms and land with good neighbours.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
My biggest fear is dying before raising my kids properly. I already seen kids that ain't been raised right. If i see my daughter twerking or my son thuggin on the streets......imma come back from the grave and strangle my brothers.

giphy.gif

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I don't think it will happen in the youth or middle age of millennials. Most likely by their old age. So make contingency plans in case shit hits the fan.

Southern Hemisphere (Argentina, New Zealand) is most likely to be the safest places to flee to in case of it. :lol:

@Timo Madow and proud

Djibouti is the worst place to retire due to risk of global conflicts. :dead: (See Somali General's post).
If shit kicks off. Switzerland is the safest place to go. There is an unwritten rule. Every muthafucka got some cash hidden there.

:browtf:

Retire and spend time in Somaliland coastal towns and build a house there, Scandinavian countries or Scotland at the same time split my time in London (2060s) .

I will retire in a remote location within Somalia. Also good that most think that it is a "shit hole", just means that it is an unknown jewel.

maybe Arizona or Florida. Costa Rica isn't bad either. Somalia will always be too poor and too Islamic for my taste. went once, it was ok, but not worth a second visit imo
Albuquerque, New Mexico is quite similar to Arizona climate wise, being warm and dry. Also it has low cost of living so you can maximize your retirement money, and it has quite a high number of medical facilities.

Albuquerque, New Mexico is quite similar to Arizona climate wise, being warm and dry. Also it has low cost of living so you can maximize your retirement money, and it has quite a high number of medical facilities.

and probably good Mexican food too. I'll put it on my list. Hopefully it's not totally devastated by climate change by the year 2060 when I'm ready to retire.

My goal is to buy few small apartments around the world so I can continuously travel between my ideal living destinations, but then again I’d like to be productive, working or teaching, and adding value to my life and others lives so a more stationary life would be more conducive.

@TheShinning

Yep, on mortgage. The rent market there has been like Airbnb for decades due to short term leases of apartments to tourists. It’s done via a broker who lives there and manages a cluster of apartments owned by different owners.

location bro? Indonesian islands?

what is occupancy rate? 50% or more? average nightly charge?

isn't mortgage riba bro or you are less concerned with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.