YFull Discussion Thread

yeah there is a long history, documented and oral of Yemenis coming to our coast and getting assimilated especially by coastal Hartis ,we even have some of your Socotran cousins chilling in laasqoray right now .
A new Warsan recruits .
:pachah1:
Ma sha Allah, Laas Qoray has an epic coast :banderas:
I can see why those Socotris flock there lol but their fishing needs to be regulated tbh or they should have equally no issues with Somalis going into their waters :ufdup:
And the brother in the vid is right, a lot of potential waiting to be realized, in sha Allah much kheyr in the near future.
Thank you brother and thx again for letting all of us know about the deal :salute:

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
@Pioneer @Apollo I will order 10 dantelab coming up this year black Friday.... I will test every majerteen subclan
tenor (2).gif

Congrats ina ader @Wiilyam Ina Sheekh Zubeer. This solidifies the oral history we've heard, very pleased.
Thank you walaal! If you choose to do the test on the next black friday sale we could figure out if the arrival date given by Enrico Cerulli is correct but it should be about right. Also wondering which sub-tribe/ confederacy those two Socotran samples belong to. They could belong to Bayt Nimar as well with a TMRCA of 500 ybp since Bin Afrar etc. were already known at that time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
Thank you walaal! If you choose to do the test on the next black friday sale we could figure out if the arrival date given by Enrico Cerulli is correct but it should be about right. Also wondering which sub-tribe/ confederacy those two Socotran samples belong to. They could belong to Bayt Nimar as well with a TMRCA of 500 ybp since Bin Afrar etc. were already known at that time.

You can contact them on yfull. There is a messaging function.

Most Yemenis on YFull actually live in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain etc. Sort like how Somalis on YFull mostly live in the West.

You can contact them on yfull. There is a messaging function.

Most Yemenis on YFull actually live in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain etc. Sort like how Somalis on YFull mostly live in the West.
:ohhh:this is extremely useful, probably have to wait until the order is finalized to unlock that feature.
Could the method of self-reporting the regions of paternal origin be a cause for concern? I wasn't sure what to choose for the most accurate representation.

@Pioneer @Apollo I will order 10 dantelab coming up this year black Friday.... I will test every majerteen subclan View attachment 191503

I hope you're not going to discriminate against the non E-BY8081 MJs if you find any and call them sheegaad
I myself will never reveal my sub-clan, other Warsan sub-clans might use this against us in the future and deny us representation for being sheegaad
I mean, all that matters is the auDNA , Right ?
thumb_crying-behind-mask-imgur-54374846.png

Apollo

VIP
I hope you're not going to discriminate against the non E-BY8081 MJs if you find any and call them sheegaad
I myself will never reveal my sub-clan, other Warsan sub-clans might use this against us in the future and deny us representation for being sheegaad
I mean, all that matters is the auDNA , Right ?
thumb_crying-behind-mask-imgur-54374846.png

There are J1 Majeerteens as well from this mysterious subclan called Ciise Cadde. I don't know of this subclan, but they claim MJ.

Thats super helpful man pm me bro

Can you sum it up?
Basically our 7th great-grandfather came from Mahra. Most which is known was only transmitted orally, leading to an incomplete picture. However I heard that some distant relatives who went back to Mahra (during and before the civil war) came across written genealogies but am not sure if it's true.
Anyway there is this report by E. Cerulli from 1926. It is in Italian but you can use Google Lens to translate it roughly.
Here is a summary:
"Some notes relating to an Arab group in Somali territory, the group from Al-Mahra (Yemen's eastern region), which settled among the Majeerteen initially in Bosaso, Ilig and Cape Guardafui for trade purposes, they have gradually moved and have been assimilated to the Somali people, while keeping track of their origins in the genealogies."

Thats super helpful man pm me bro
You're welcome bro, I have more resources (more language/culture related).
I think you need 100 posts or maybe change something in your settings.

So I got an email informing me that my preliminary results are: T-FGC92488 (https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-FGC92488/).

However, they said it's not fully ready yet and that analysis is still in progress.

My clan is Dir, Gadaboursi, Reer Ugaas (Makahil) and my family are from Awdal/Fafan/Harawo.

I don't know what it says can anyone explain the basics of these genetic results to me and how they work?

Trending