YFull Discussion Thread

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
C'mon you already know the answer if you ever have checked your 23andMe relative list.

However, E-V32 Somalis are usually not related for 3,000 years. Many different subclades outside of the historic period when clans formed.

If the Abgaal clan is real, then their lineage could also be a big one by number. We might find out soon.

War amuus. That still makes E-V32 the landheer Y-DNA of Somaliweyn. Don't get all technical and point out that we are in reality an amalgamation of several more langaab E-Z813 subclades.

giphy.gif

Apollo

VIP
War amuus. That still makes E-V32 the landheer Y-DNA of Somaliweyn. Don't get all technical and point out that we are in reality an amalgamation of several more langaab E-Z813 subclades.

giphy.gif

I only consider sub-1,000 year old lineages to be real clans as that was in the Middle Ages with some semblance of modernity.

That common E-Y18629 lineage emerged in the Bronze Age when Somalis were even more primitive, 😂.

While Sir E-Y163949 saw books in his life, probably saw foreign traders, likely was aware of foreign continents/places, and likely was literate. E-Y18629 was likely some illiterate backwards pagan nomad, 😁.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
I only consider sub-1,000 year old lineages to be real clans as that was in the Middle Ages with some semblance of modernity.

That common E-Y18629 lineage emerged in the Bronze Age when Somalis were even more primitive, 😂.

While Sir E-Y163949 saw books in his life, probably saw foreign traders, likely was aware of foreign continents/places, and likely was literate. E-Y18629 was likely some illiterate backwards pagan nomad, 😁.
Guri ba Allah ka dhig e-y163949 is langaab 😁

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

War amuus again, waryaa. E-Y163949 was likely a happy man who drank much cow's milk, rode an ox and had the company of his wife, kids, extended family, goats, sheep, donkeys and shepherd dogs to boot. He was content and happy as a landheer E-V32 with the world as his oyster before all this civilization shit came in and corrupted the human spirit while T-L208S, J1s and all these others came in and muscled in on 30% of his booty.

:mjcry:

Apollo

VIP
War amuus again, waryaa. E-Y163949 was likely a happy man who drank much cow's milk, rode an ox and had the company of his wife, kids, extended family, goats, sheep, donkeys and shepherd dogs to boot. He was content and happy as a landheer E-V32 with the world as his oyster before all this civilization shit came in and corrupted the human spirit while T-L1208S, J1s and all these others came in and muscled in on 30% of his booty.

He likely had T1 carrying in-laws (see all those Dir-Darod mythologies).

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
He likely had T1 carrying in-laws (see all those Dir-Darod mythologies).

Indeed. I've pointed out before how exogamous Somalis tend to be on the maternal side:
Somali nomads seemed to have practiced a lot of exogamy on the maternal side. Not always but usually the case. This is why most people can recount to you that one of their ayeeyos or great ayeeyos or even their hooyo is of a different subtribe or tribe altogether. I'm mostly a Harti dude but my maternal lineages have Habar Yoonis, Raxanaweyn and Mareexaan among their ranks. This also probably explains why the same mtDNA lineages keep popping up all over Somaliweyn and why Somalis have so much IBD sharing across Somaliweyn. You will see a nigga from Sanaag popping up with relatives in Gedo and Jabuuti, lol. It fits with a lot of the tribal myths too. Like the story of Daroods supposedly becoming Somali through their tribe's founder marrying the the Dir chief's daughter.

I myself have many T-L1208 relatives on 23andme as I'm sure you do too. Even have some J1 and a couple of A-M13 relatives. All these other Y-DNAs are in our ancestry via the maternal line by now.

Libaax-Joore

VIP
Indeed. I've pointed out before how exogamous Somalis tend to be on the maternal side:

I myself have many T-L1208 relatives on 23andme as I'm sure you do too. Even have some J1 and a couple of A-M13 relatives. All these other Y-DNAs are in our ancestry via the maternal line by now.
What is ur clan

Apollo

VIP

Libaax-Joore

VIP
You tested your father and yourself. So 1 doesn't count, you kind of cheated there. The rest are not recently related people.

Anyhow, I suspect 50% of the Ogadens have E-Y163949. If they do, then you can't claim to be bigger than E-Y163949.

Let's test more Ogadens.
Yeah but me and father muse suldan e-y195196 and then us Ismail Mohamed subclan of osman Mohamud share e-y196848...... https://www.yfull.com/live/tree/E-Y196848/

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
🤔🤔 did u do bigy700 or dantelab.... thiers dishishe guy awale kit number n102099 who did ftdna ydna he match habar awal.... View attachment 195625

Oh, I didn't know one of my own had been tested. I haven't been myself. I'll get tested soon though and see where I sit. Would be surprising if I get the same relative result. Guess reer Dishiishe will be outed as Isaaq assimilates.

Libaax-Joore

VIP
Oh, I didn't know one of my own had been tested. I haven't been myself. I'll get tested soon though and see where I sit. Would be surprising if I get the same relative result. Guess reer Dishiishe will be outed as Isaaq assimilates.

Get it during sale season November 28... Dante its only 180 dollar.... am gion to order 4 this time..... last year i order 3

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Get it during sale season November 28... Dante its only 180 dollar.... am gion to order 4 this time..... last year i order 3

You know an assimilation story doesn't seem far-fetched. Dishiishe is an odd tribe. For a long time they kinda used to pass as Majeerteen but it was always understood that they were not truly MJ but just being protected under their elder brother's wing as a smaller qabiil and started asserting their differentness (Axmad Harti) more recently when they gained some wealth and position like in Bosaso. Hot take but maybe the real story is that they were Isaaq assimilates some time ago who got taken in by Majeerteens and passed themselves off as their own Harti group over-time.

Thanks for the info, though. I'll get tested soon.

Apollo

VIP
You know an assimilation story doesn't seem far-fetched. Dishiishe is an odd tribe. For a long time they kinda used to pass as Majeerteen but it was always understood that they were not truly MJ but just being protected under their elder brother's wing as a smaller qabiil and started asserting their differentness (Axmad Harti) more recently when they gained some wealth and position like in Bosaso. Hot take but maybe the real story is that they were Isaaq assimilates some time ago who got taken in by Majeerteens and passed themselves off as their own Harti group over-time.

Thanks for the info, though. I'll get tested soon.

You can try cheap ass YSEQ tests in the meanwhile.

Single SNPs cost 40 bucks.

If you are not E-Y163949, shhhhhh and don't test lmao.

giphy.gif