Yemenis become off brand Somalians

They treat their madow class horribly. I recommend you guys read up on the akhdam they are seen as sub human there

And they want us to believe that marginalised communities, invented the dirac outfit, or are the ones who trade it and decide what the latest dirac fashions are.

World

VIP
I think dirac originated from Somalis but, both yemenis and somalis have been wearing them for about the same time. Dirac is their culture as well.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
I think dirac originated from Somalis but, both yemenis and somalis have been wearing them for about the same time. Dirac is their culture as well.
It's in their culture but it's Somali

If the only 'Yemenis' that wear it, are the Madow looking ones, who could be Akhdam for all we know, then I find it hard to believe they are the ones who originated these outfits. Someone prove me wrong

Khaemwaset

VIP
If the only 'Yemenis' that wear it, are the Madow looking ones, who could be Akhdam for all we know, then I find it hard to believe they are the ones who originated these outfits. Someone prove me wrong
There's no evidence of dirac in Yemeni culture pre dating Somalis. They'll tell you this themselves. But this is in Djibouti where they're assimilated and speak af-somali

Khaemwaset

VIP
And which Yemeni city had a literal Somali sector 🀣 absolutely cooked
Somali shiekhs literally built a whole city in yemen

The first Zaylaī of whom al-Sarğī dedicates a complete biography is the famous Abū al'Abbas Ahmad b. 'Umar, known as SulţÀn al-'arifin. He left his country on the African coast (barr al'ağam) when he was 17 years old and reached the coastal village of al-Mahmul, in the Wādī Mür region of Yemen.. it was the latter's grandfather, Muhammad, and his brother 'Umar, Ahmad's father, who left "Abyssinia". Having reached the Yemeni shores, the two brothers separated: Muhammad headed north, where his nephew Ali became "sahib" of the village of al-Salāma; 'Umar turned south and his descendants, starting with his son Ahmad, settled in al Luhayya.. It is impossible, in the current state of our knowledge, to determine the exact date of this emigration: in fact the only other useful date known to us is that of the death of Ahmad b. 'Umar, 704 (1304-1305). Assuming, purely conjecturally, that Ahmad lived for about seventy years, we could place his departure from the African coast (which occurred when he was 17 years old) around 650 (1252-1253)."
- According to the Yemeni historian Al-Sergi; Al-Luhayyah was founded by the Somali Sheikh 'Umar Zayla-Δ« at around 1250AD.

Wonyluvr

β€œla vie en roseπŸ₯€ ~”
VIP
Diracs are Somali.Adenis wear it but no other Yemenis do it just them they call it Adeni culture lik :draketf: .Both the same ethnicity but such are huge difference in clothing.Adenis coincidentally wear the same clothes all Somalis have been wearing for a long time including Somali Weyne.Meanwhile northerners wear similar clothes to their other Arab counterparts.Somalis style the Dirac in multiple ways as well.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
A few of the Yemeni refuges I’ve seen on SL looked madow. I assume a lot of southern yemen off the coast from Somalia is akhdam deegans

I suspect that a lot of people who go to Africa, are from marginalised communities to begin with. Look at the Indians that were used as laboureres in Africa, and how they would rather die than ever claim India or even return.

World

VIP
Yemenis don’t wear it only Adenis
Is it just Adenis or southern yemenis ?

I mean my point is that aden and somalia is pretty close, even 1000 years ago its less than one day journey by boat. So its not surprisng that we're gonna have things in common, thats what trading and migration does. In bangladesh and indonesia, the men wear macawiis as well.

Trending

Latest posts