Y’all need to stop calling the Galbeed “Ogadenia”

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Respect not full ownership.

It's like giving someone a crown, it doesn't mean there are no other royals.

Which other clan has a rebel movement in that region?

What about the Gedabursi and the countless other qabils who fought for Galbeed during Ahmed Gureys conquest? Before the ogaden, there was Adal and without them majority of these folks wouldn't even be Muslim today.

What about the Gedabursi and the countless other qabils who fought for Galbeed during Ahmed Gureys conquest? Before the ogaden, there was Adal, without them folks wouldn't even be Muslim today.

giphy.gif

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The name Ogaden was not a name chosen by Ogadens it was cemented by the British ONLF switched the name in the 90s after possibly Somaliweyns fairest elections.
1219E5E3-2588-4255-9CA2-D455CCFC0FAA.jpeg

It is an unofficial name like Majeerteenia. I would like for places to carry these names because then people wouldnt be so insecure of being erased. Hiraabweyn Digilia ldooria all great names and I would be happy to call them that and comfort locals @BlackJack :nvjpqts:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
The name Ogaden was not a name chosen by Ogadens it was cemented by the British ONLF switched the name in the 90s after possibly Somaliweyns fairest elections.
View attachment 154751

It is an unofficial name like Majeerteenia. I would like for places to carry these names because then people wouldnt be so insecure of being erased. Hiraabweyn Digilia ldooria all great names and I would be happy to call them that and comfort locals @BlackJack :nvjpqts:

Why not Western Somalia? Pakistan use to be East and West respectively.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Why not Western Somalia? Pakistan use to be East and West respectively.
iirc It was called East and West while apart of the same country. When the Region secedes(not likely to be soon) they will not reform the name they chose to Ogadenia that will always be an unofficial name. ONLF heads usually tell me the name for the party itself is used due to the recognition of the name ‘Ogaden’ when you look it up there are tons of results and history as compared to ‘Somali Region’ ‘Western Somalia’ etc.

That benefit trumps the benefit of being able to possibly attract a few people from other small clans. A small pool to recruit from isnt the issue to worry about. If those communities had the capability to resist they would have similiar to the Garre or Karanle atleast.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
iirc It was called East and West while apart of the same country. When the Region secedes(not likely to be soon) they will not reform the name they chose to Ogadenia that will always be an unofficial name. ONLF heads usually tell me the name for the party itself is used due to the recognition of the name ‘Ogaden’ when you look it up there are tons of results and history as compared to ‘Somali Region’ ‘Western Somalia’ etc.

That benefit trumps the benefit of being able to possibly attract a few people from other small clans. A small pool to recruit from isnt the issue to worry about. If those communities had the capability to resist they would have similiar to the Garre or Karanle atleast.

Ogadenese :ehh:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
It’s just a name brother, what is important is to recognize all Somali clans reside in that beautiful and resourceful region. We have to stop this division and act as one. :)

When your women are abused, when your men are martyred and when your whole community is persecuted and marginalized, the last thing we should care about is the name. Call it disneyland or Shubanland, our people's situation wouldn't make a difference. The most important thing we should prioritize is unity for Galbeed and gaining our rights (Extra autonomy, security and independence if given the opportunity).

I agree 100% why name it that when there are other native tribes there that would feel marginalized by the dominance given if they name a whole damn region after a tribe

Trending