Would you go for a younger man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Why do you think people make such a big fuss about it? And do you think age shaming is a thing? I'm kind of curious?

How come you don't think it qualifies as older?

The age gap isn’t big enough. I think people who are within 4-5 years of each other aren’t all that different. They are still within the same category as far as life experience

I consider marrying older if a 25 year old marry a 38-40 year old.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I look 13 but I'm turning 25 this summer so yh once i reach my early 30s and still not married than I would definetly consider marrying a dude I'm 4 years older than heck I might push 5. As long as you look young and you both agree age is just a number than who's stoping you? and like you said guys your older than don't look twice at older females. btw my mom married my dad and she is older than him by 6 years

Most guys who are my age and older, don't know my age at first glance. They just pursue based on looks or personality. I would say, the better thing about younger men is they generally look better than the older ones are probably less jaded. I haven't really noticed any hangups among ones my age and older. Many find the relatability refreshing and are probably in the same season of their lives.

I'm the opposite, my dad is over 10 years older than my mother.

that's the thing with most somali girls we be in our mid 20s but be looking in our early teens. We are blessed honestly but tbh I've always been into guys either my age or younger. Since guys I'm older than by the time I reach 30 will be married or single with a child. I wouldn't want to marry a guy who has a child from previous marriage hence why I'm up for younger males

Girl, you're in your prime. There are so many faraxs that are between the ages of 27-31 that are unmarried due to wanting to be financially stable before marrying and are workoholics.

If you're planning to get married at 30 then I totally get it, but at the age you're at now, getting an older never been married guy shouldn't be hard, as your young, but also mature especially in the eyes of a 28-30 yr old.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The age gap isn’t big enough. I think people who are within 4-5 years of each other aren’t all that different. They are still within the same category as far as life experience

I consider marrying older if a 25 year old marry a 38-40 year old.

So, more like a full-blown cougar. You seem very western Salaax.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Most guys who are my age and older, don't know my age at first glance. They just pursue based on looks or personality. I would say, the better thing about younger men is they generally look better than the older ones are probably less jaded. I haven't really noticed any hangups among ones my age and older. Many find the relatability refreshing and are probably in the same season of their lives.

I'm the opposite, my dad is over 10 years older than my mother.

everyone almost gets a heartache when me and my sister reveal our age and think we lying we don't wear makeup or dress up which gives us a very youthful look. So that is a massive advantage especially when looking at marriage perspective no one is going to care about my age once they see how young I look. That's why you don't see me panicking about marriage because I already made up my mind I'm marrying a guy in 3/4 years older....

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Girl, you're in your prime. There are so many faraxs that are between the ages of 27-31 that are unmarried due to wanting to be financially stable before marrying and are workoholics.

If you're planning to get married at 30 then I totally get it, but at the age you're at now, getting an older never been married guy shouldn't be hard, as your young, but also mature especially in the eyes of a 28-30 yr old.
lol sis I'm defo not looking to get married anytime soon I need to get my shit together since theirs so many holes I need to fix which would take years I defo feel ready when I reach 27 or 28 and would still prefer to marry a guy my age or couple of years younger. Not really into older men even if it's by couple of years I think the reason for this is because I'm the youngest and maybe want to feel the oldest in the marriage lool

lol sis I'm defo not looking to get married anytime soon I need to get my shit together since theirs so many holes I need to fix which would take years I defo feel ready when I reach 27 or 28 and would still prefer to marry a guy my age or couple of years younger. Not really into older men even if it's by couple of years I think the reason for this is because I'm the youngest and maybe want to feel the oldest in the marriage lool

Lol, i get it. Don't allow these Faraaxs make you feel that guys your age won't check for you once you get to late 20s early 30s.

I'm telling you in the last two years i've been to soo many weddings with the bride and groom both being late 20s and early 30s. People are getting married later due to career and schooling. You'll deffo find someone your age and younger inshaallah.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Lol, i get it. Don't allow these Faraaxs make you feel that guys your age won't check for you once you get to late 20s early 30s.

I'm telling you in the last two years i've been to soo many weddings with the bride and groom both being late 20s and early 30s. People are getting married later due to career and schooling. You'll deffo find someone your age and younger inshaallah.
lol a lame faraax getting to me lol neverrr especially in these forums but it's good hearing there's faraaxs that don't only crave younger females bcos at this rate i be thinking they moving like those creepy timojileec that degrade older women and only look for younger females

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
everyone almost gets a heartache when me and my sister reveal our age and think we lying we don't wear makeup or dress up which gives us a very youthful look. So that is a massive advantage especially when looking at marriage perspective no one is going to care about my age once they see how young I look. That's why you don't see me panicking about marriage because I already made up my mind I'm marrying a guy in 3/4 years older....

I'm the same. I only wear makeup during special occasions. And it's really helped. A lot of Somali girls are blessed with age defying genes and flawless skin, they need to take advantage of it.

I actually laugh when people say women hit the wall after 25. It doesn't even apply to us.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, you're young and you look a fraction of your age. My mother is in her 60s and doesn't even have grey hairs. Something must be working.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
lol a lame faraax getting to me lol neverrr especially in these forums but it's good hearing there's faraaxs that don't only crave younger females bcos at this rate i be thinking they moving like those creepy timojileec that degrade older women and only look for younger females

These guys are random. They'll claim to not like women their own age but still slide into their DMs like a skating ring. Contradictions. Lol.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
I'm the same. I only wear makeup during special occasions. And it's really helped. A lot of Somali girls are blessed with age defying genes and flawless skin, they need to take advantage of it.

I actually laugh when people say women hit the wall after 25. It doesn't even apply to us.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, you're young and you look a fraction of your age. My mother is in her 60s and doesn't even have grey hairs. Something must be working.
in east African culture not only do we age good but the pressure of marrying young and being old gets you no husband is a myth I know a lot of somali girls who are in their 30s and still not married or just got married so at least we aren't timojileec where were expected to be married by 23 and after that your an old prion that no one wants imagine being from that background?

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
These guys are random. They'll claim to not like women their own age but still slide into their DMs like a skating ring. Contradictions. Lol.
they're just being that to wind you up and put fear in you that no one will want you once you reach a certain age is weird tbh

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
in east African culture not only do we age good but the pressure of marrying young and being old gets you no husband is a myth I know a lot of somali girls who are in their 30s and still not married or just got married so at least we aren't timojileec where were expected to be married by 23 and after that your an old prion that no one wants imagine being from that background?

That's so true sis. I had a Sri Lankan friend of mine complaining about being considered old by age 25. I didn't know it was that bad?

they're just being that to wind you up and put fear in you that no one will want you once you reach a certain age is weird tbh
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
@sophisticate

This hot lady who was a bit older than me, probably about your age hit on me in Dubai a couple of years ago whilst on my way to Somalia. I jokingly told her I was married and she said its ok you are allowed 4:lawd:

I got excited and became indecisive. She was loaded too and had shops and businesses. I regret not taking her up on that offer as I'm both single and broke at this moment:kendrickcry:

My mum is older than my dad, they've been married for over 30 years.

I plan to do the same Insha'Allah. I will marry a mature woman either same age as me or older.

Don't want to deal with immaturity.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@sophisticate

This hot lady who was a bit older than me, probably about your age hit on me in Dubai a couple of years ago whilst on my way to Somalia. I jokingly told her I was married and she said its ok you are allowed 4:lawd:

I got excited and became indecisive. She was loaded too and had shops and businesses. I regret not taking her up on that offer as I'm both single and broke at this moment:kendrickcry:

And all you're looking for is a full belly and a place to stay. What did she see in you?

:farmajoyaab:Genuinely curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending