Why the hell do VISIBLY full somalis claim to be half Yemeni??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really upsets me because being Somali is a beautiful thing. I'm literally half Somali (mom)and half Yemeni (dad; my father is from Ta'izz/Ibb in Northern Yemen) and has never set foot in Somalia, yet I stay reppin my mom's side. Why do some of y'all claim what you're not? Like abaayo , I can see you're 100% Somali. Miss me with that bullshit. You can tell when someone is mixed with Arabian blood. They're straight up lying. Plus I'd rather be full Somali. Wallah being Somali is beautiful.

I never seen a Somali person here in Toronto claim half Yemeni. It doesnt even happen that much. Maybe its the people around you.

And also you should stop being self hating. Why would you rather be full Somali instead of being proud of who you are? You should embrace your dad's apparent ethnicity.

I never seen a Somali person here in Toronto claim half Yemeni. It doesnt even happen that much. Maybe its the people around you.

And also you should stop being self hating. Why would you rather be full Somali instead of being proud of who you are?You should embrace your dad's apparent ethnicity.

My dad left my mom to bring his wife in from Yemen. I LOVE being Arab but I also wish I could be more Somali. And trust me, I'm from Canada as well and I live in the States now, and so many visible somalis claim to be "half Egyptian" or "half Yemeni." Okay xaalimo

My dad left my mom to bring his wife in from Yemen. I LOVE being Arab but I also wish I could be more Somali. And trust me, I'm from Canada as well and I live in the States now, and so many visible somalis claim to be "half Egyptian" or "half Yemeni." Okay xaalimo
AND LOL the okay xaalimo was not directed at you btw, just noticed the username hahaha

Never seen that in real life. No one I know would claim Yemen
:susp:
It is worse than Somalia.

literally 20% of somali women in the places I've lived/I live claim that they're half Yemeni. And it has nothing to do with being "worse than Somalia."

First post you decided to make is about Somalis claiming half Yemeni, and openly say you'd rather be full Somali than half Yemeni aka self hate?:drakelaugh:

There are mixed Somalis on this site but no one would make their first post about Somalis claiming half Yemeni. You're obviously a dup and a suugo smelling full Xalimo/Abdi. Stop trolling :abuxyga:

literally 20% of somali women in the places I've lived/I live claim that they're half Yemeni. And it has nothing to do with being "worse than Somalia."
You must have a lot of self haters in your area. I guess there aren't a lot of Somali's where you are from

Lebanese. Bti7kee 3arbi shi?

Mashaallah, I was just thinking about how somali-lebanese mixes don't exist the other day!

And sadly, I don't speak Arabic due to my parents divorcing when I was 3. I never got to learn it. I can understand a bit when it is spoken to me, though. I'm learning :)

First post you decided to make is about Somalis claiming half Yemeni, and openly say you'd rather be full Somali than half Yemeni aka self hate?:drakelaugh:

There are mixed Somalis on this site but no one would make their first post about Somalis claiming half Yemeni. You're obviously a dup and a suugo smelling full Xalimo/Abdi. Stop trolling :abuxyga:

Wallahi altheem I am. Why TF would I troll about this? I love Somali culture and it's literally ALL I know since my parents divorced when I was little. So I embrace my Somali side more. There are so many people where I live that claim that they're mixed with Arab, so I suggest you just don't reply if you think I'm "trolling." I have half Italian cousins who were also raised by their Somali mom, and learned to appreciate that side more.

Wallahi altheem I am. Why TF would I troll about this? I love Somali culture and it's literally ALL I know since my parents divorced when I was little. So I embrace my Somali side more. There are so many people where I live that claim that they're mixed with Arab, so I suggest you just don't reply if you think I'm "trolling." I have half Italian cousins who were also raised by their Somali mom, and learned to appreciate that side more.

I'm not self hating but I said if I had the choice, I'd choose being full Somali. Being Arab is great too.

Okay if your dad is Yemeni then you should embrace that side too instead of saying you'd rather be full Somali. It sounds just as self hating as Somalis who lie about their etnnicity

Status
Not open for further replies.