Why the hell do VISIBLY full somalis claim to be half Yemeni??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
no one says that unless theyre those reer xamaar tribe which is true they arent even somali.. is usually from communities where you get teased for being somali so you have to make up your ethnicity to fit in *coughh U *coughh K

So is the question of 'race' a huge deal for Somalis? It seems almost integral to this forum, so I'll take everything said here with a grain of salt as it doesnt represent reality per se....

I've met reer xaamar who claim this just because they're light skinned. Which we all know, many somalis are naturally light.

Fyi a lot of tribes from xamar (like my tribe: Al Amoudi) are originally from Yemen, so in essence they are not purely somali. There's a blog post on this. So I understand them, but personally I consider myself somali since my parents were born and mostly raised in Somalia.

Kratos

Sonder
Fyi a lot of tribes from xamar (like my tribe: Al Amoudi) are originally from Yemen, so in essence they are not purely somali. There's a blog post on this. So I understand them, but personally I consider myself somali since my parents were born and mostly raised in Somalia.

That's interesting. I've never heard of Al Amoudi but my tribe is also originally from Yemen.

Kratos

Sonder
Oh really, I didn't this tribe was originally from Yemen. That's interesting. I thought y'all were somali.

We are maternally Somali but paternally Arab. We look like other Somalis because we've been assimilated over 800 years. These are our cousins in Oman:

You can hear "Warsangeli, Dishiishe, Ali Salebaan, Siwaaqroon". My sub-clan is Siwaaqroon

There is the mehri tribe that lives in northeastern Somalia and they are from south yemen and socotra. 55k population which is more than yemen and oman actually.

So is the question of 'race' a huge deal for Somalis? It seems almost integral to this forum, so I'll take everything said here with a grain of salt as it doesnt represent reality per se....
This place is filled with unproductive people don't take everything on here with a grain of salt don't take it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts