Somalis who claim to be Arab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Literally the other day during a conversation with a relative he said ''Well, Somalis are Arabs''. :bell:I said ''No, they are not'' and he replied back with ''Darods are Arabs, maybe not the others''. :mjlol:

The stupidity of some s. :jcoleno::snoop:

Literally the other day during a conversation with a relative he said ''Well, Somalis are Arabs''. :bell:I said ''No, they are not'' and he replied back with ''Darods are Arabs, maybe not the others''. :mjlol:

Well if aljabrti is the father of darood then yes they have a great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather who was Arab

Apollo

VIP
Well if aljabrti is the father of darood then yes they have a great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather who was Arab

Even that is not true according to genetics. Besides that, it's just generally annoying that this myth is so widespread and commonly accepted.

Even that is not true according to genetics. Besides that, it's just generally annoying that this myth is so widespread and commonly accepted.
I think it's true and since aljabrti married Somali women of course it's not gonna be present in DNA test since he is the only Arab in darood

Apollo

VIP
I think it's true and since aljabrti married Somali women of course it's not gonna be present in DNA test since he is the only Arab in darood

The direct male line (like a surename) is testable and 95% of Darods have a Cushitic lineage, the same as the bloody Hawiye. There's no drop of Arab in the Darod.

The direct male line (like a surename) is testable and 95% of Darods have a Cushitic lineage, the same as the bloody Hawiye. There's no drop of Arab in the Darod.
There was no test that was done on darood specifically if there was one I would like to know about it

Darood ibn ismacil jaberti. Even if he was an arab then I wouldn't call myself an arab.

All my ancestors were somalis who spoke somali , practised islam and practised the somali culture.

Has he lived in the Middle East for a considerable amount of time. If that is the case it is very excusable, you just have to allow it.

My relative was showing me texts in Arabic showing that Sheikh Darood was Carab :russ:

Status
Not open for further replies.