Why Somalis look different to everyone else in the Horn of Africa

View attachment 39609

Basically, Somalis are on average 0 % Omotic. Oromos are between 20-27 % on average, Amharas 16 %, and Tigrayans 12 %.

Omotic people:

ethiopia-sights-omo-tribes-mursi.jpg
Omotic people do not look like that. That person is from a niolitic tribe that borders Kenya.
8101d85c266796f482c702f4566ccd8d.jpg

Above is omotic. Ps omotic was originally classified as west Cushitic and is sometimes still referred to as that in linguistics.

You live in a wasteland that is not worth more than an inch of our land lol. We wouldn't take it if it were free ya Big foreheaded fool. We will stick to governing it, no need to inhabit it.

We occupy the most coastline in Africa while y’all beg Djibouti for scrap.

We occupy the breadbasket of East Africa and have the most diverse cuisine while y’all eat the same tired injera for breakfast lunch and dinner

Btw Ahmed Gurey is dead y’all can cook your meat again.

World

VIP
Omotic people do not look like that. That person is from a niolitic tribe that borders Kenya.
8101d85c266796f482c702f4566ccd8d.jpg

Above is omotic. Ps omotic was originally classified as west Cushitic and is sometimes still referred to as that in linguistics.
This thread is about genetics, not linguistics.

Indha adeeg

Ogadenist
My people don’t have sharp features but are certainly different looking than other Somalis. OP is there any study linking Ogaden to other groups in Ethiopia?

World

VIP
My people don’t have sharp features but are certainly different looking than other Somalis. OP is there any study linking Ogaden to other groups in Ethiopia?
No, the majority of Ogadens are typical Somalis.

The Aulihan Ogadens on the westernmost borders have assimilated/intermarried/somalized some of the Arsi Oromo clans though.

World

VIP
Where did you get that Masai are 25 % west Asian
Their AutoSomal is half South Cushitics / Nilotic/ part Bantu.

Some results of a Tanzanian Maasai:

Cushitic--46.80%
Niger Kordofanian--17.50%
Nilo Saharan--15.90%
Eastern Bantu--6.50%
Chadic Saharan--4.90%
Sandawe--2.50%
S.African Khoesan/Mbuti--1.10%
Central Sudanic--1.10%
Western Bantu--0.90%
W.Pygmy--0.90%
Saharan/Dogon--0.80%
Hadza--0.70%
Fulani--0.40%
Mbugu--0.20%

Pirate

Shep Tupacs brother

stop it habasha are mixed not somalis..... and the somalis have the same amount of west asian dna as maasai its ranges from 0-25% meaning some maasai and somali have very little%...........

the habasha and most oromos are mixed but somalis are literally sum of purest africans..... its all about adaptation to ur environment thats why we look da way we do not cuz of a ancient mix.....

I took my dna I was 98% East African look at the difference between somalis and Amharas and also notice tutsi score the second highest east african % after somalis.......

somali dna 23&me

e
som.jpg

Amharas
sudan-eb.jpg

Dinka South Sudan Nilotic (notice the west african dna)
sud.jpg

tutsi Rwanda notice the high East African dna
rwanda.jpg

maasai kenya notice the high East African(also notice the west african dna which is bantu)

ken-4.jpg

World

VIP
stop it habasha are mixed not somalis..... and the somalis have the same amount of west asian dna as maasai its ranges from 0-25% meaning some maasai and somali have very little%...........

the habasha and most oromos are mixed but somalis are literally sum of purest africans..... its all about adaptation to ur environment thats why we look da way we do not cuz of a ancient mix.....

I took my dna I was 98% East African look at the difference between somalis and Amharas and also notice tutsi score the second highest east african % after somalis.......

somali dna 23&me

e
som.jpg

Amharas
sudan-eb.jpg

Dinka South Sudan Nilotic (notice the west african dna)
sud.jpg

tutsi Rwanda notice the high East African dna
rwanda.jpg

maasai kenya notice the high East African(also notice the west african dna which is bantu)

ken-4.jpg
lols I won't bother with someone who actually thinks he's 98 % African.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Always wondered why Oromos/Amhara are shorter than their Somali counterparts...could be the ancient Nilotic admixture in Somalis? Ancient Nilotic admixture in Somalis should not be confused with today's Nilotes whom have substantial west-African component in their admixture.

Oromos are very heterogeneous as manifested in their diverse admixture and paternal haplogroups.

Truly, Somalis are the rare exception in this world, :denzelnigga:.

World

VIP
Always wondered why Oromos/Amhara are shorter than their Somali counterparts...could be the ancient Nilotic admixture in Somalis? Ancient Nilotic admixture in Somalis should not be confused with today's Nilotes whom have substantial west-African component in their admixture.

Oromos are very heterogeneous as manifested in their diverse admixture and paternal haplogroups.

Truly, Somalis are the rare exception in this world, :denzelnigga:.
Oromos are not diverse because of their haplogroups, because that doesn't actually determine your admixture/race. They're diverse because of their AutoSomal.

Somalis around 1000 years probably had the same diversity in their haplogroups, but i'm guessing they bottlenecked hard asf.