Why Somalis look different to everyone else in the Horn of Africa

World

VIP
upload_2018-3-23_17-43-7.png

Basically, Somalis are on average 0 % Omotic. Oromos are between 20-27 % on average, Amharas 16 %, and Tigrayans 12 %.

Omotic people:

ethiopia-sights-omo-tribes-mursi.jpg

World

VIP
Don’t we favor more Nioltic than Onotic?
Our native East African component(which is extinct today) is fully composed of Nilotic-like people, yes. They are usually taller, more slender, with longer faces, darker and with more sharp features. Whereas, the native East African component in other Horn of Africans is composed of both Nilotic and Omotic.

World

VIP
I don’t see it tbh.. I feel like we all look kinda similar. idk
To Cadaan people, yes of course. But I can easily tell an Ethiopian from a Somali. I feel like all Cushitic/Semitic people excluding Somalis look similar, whilst Somalis have their own distinct look. Only get confused a bit with Afars, and even then I can tell them apart 70 % of the time.

World

VIP
Even though Afars are the hardest to tell, you can still easily distinguish Somalis from the Afar (middle one is an Arab):

CgKBSbOUkAAsmlh.jpg

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Our native East African component(which is extinct today) is fully composed of Nilotic-like people, yes. They are usually taller, more slender, with longer faces, darker and with more sharp features. Whereas, the native East African component in other Horn of Africans is composed of both Nilotic and Omotic.

Huh, i Googled Nilotic people and some of them do look similar to us. :ohhh:

29bc7a79d6ec70108d72ef3d308e5954.jpg

56dd793e1cb5ad253d30c75753c9ce2c--tanzania-ancestry.jpg

stock-photo-josphet-cultural-boma-samburu-kenya-july-st-unidentified-samburu-warrior-on-july-st-in-149071061.jpg

To Cadaan people, yes of course. But I can easily tell an Ethiopian from a Somali. I feel like all Cushitic/Semitic people excluding Somalis look similar, whilst Somalis have their own distinct look. Only get confused a bit with Afars, and even then I can tell them apart 70 % of the time.

Fascinating information, thank you! Also if the native East African component which was Niolitic-like people than are the modern day Nioltics the oldest group in the HOA? Have they changed much or also influenced by ancient back migrations like ya?

World

VIP
Fascinating information, thank you! Also if the native East African component which was Niolitic-like people than are the modern day Nioltics the oldest group in the HOA? Have they changed much or also influenced by ancient back migrations like ya?
No, modern day Nilotics are not the oldest group in the HOA. They're not from here, but from Sudan. Modern day HOA's are the oldest group.

World

VIP
How do you know who's pure Nilotic?
By testing their AutoSomal DNA. Most modern day Nilotics have a substantial amount of Bantu admixture. Pure Nilotics are extinct. Just like our non-African component which is completely different to the genetics of modern day inhabitants of NA/ME and doesn't exist in it's pure form anymore.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Actually about half of Ethiopians tend to have harsher features unlike Somalis. This genetic study explains a lot. I think most Eritrean habeshas probably have much less omotic admixture as they don't usually have harsh/sharp features

Somalis will always be the Cream de la Creame in the Cushitic hierarchy and pecking order.

We have the most land, least people and subclans who have more land than entire ethnic groups in Ethiopia.

Ethiopia has way too many Cushitic langaabs.

This is why I laugh when Neefs like @Menelik III come on here.

:camby:Get in the back of the line you bug:icon eek: eyed neef.

World

VIP
@LarryThePuntite

Somalis are not "pure Cushites". Like other Horn of Africans, they have a quite recent Caucasian/Mediterranean component lacking in South Cushites.

But I agree. f*ck every other ethnicity in the Horn. Harti alone is larger than all these langaab Cushitic groups excluding the Oromos.

@LarryThePuntite

Somalis are not "pure Cushites". Like other Horn of Africans, they have a quite recent Caucasian/Mediterranean component lacking in South Cushites.

But I agree. f*ck every other ethnicity in the Horn, Harti alone is larger than all these langaab Cushitic groups excluding the Oromos.
Where's your fucking evidence that Somalis are not pure "Cushites"?

Somalis will always be the Cream de la Creame in the Cushitic hierarchy and pecking order.

We have the most land, least people and subclans who have more land than entire ethnic groups in Ethiopia.

Ethiopia has way too many Cushitic langaabs.

This is why I laugh when Neefs like @Menelik III come on here.

:camby:Get in the back of the line you bug:icon eek: eyed neef.
You live in a wasteland that is not worth more than an inch of our land lol. We wouldn't take it if it were free ya Big foreheaded fool. We will stick to governing it, no need to inhabit it.

Last edited:

Trending