Why isn’t PL leaving?

I advocate for puntland remaining semi autonomous during these times since the rest of south is still a bit unstable but I don't advocate for outright independence because if you look at somaliland they are a good example of what happens, being in a hellish perpetual limbo of being a De facto state as well as being targeted by ethiopians due to their vulnerable position that's why I think that puntland should try putting some more resources into helping stabilise the rest of Somalia which the entire somalia is near doing due to not many clan wars nowadays and alshabaab in small tiny enclaves and overall become a interim semi autonomous state where we slowly reintegrate and centralise under the new federal constition that I think is currently being drafted and then work as one to eliminate the alshabaab threat and integrate the unionist states that don't want to be apart of somaliland (SSC and Awdal)

Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf.png

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Leave to what? 30+ years of limbo like our northern friends. Let's not get it twisted Puntland has a right to be angry at the state of things but somalis need to get this idea of "I'm independent" out of their head. The international community is not going to accept it, they don't want to deal with more than 1 Somalia and redrawing African boarders opens a whole can of worms. Issues regarding the constitution and autonomy will probably be debated for months if not years and I don't think they'll be drastic change. The state won't suddenly centralize when it's at a shaky state. We'll be discussing this issue for a long time and concessions will be made.

As for issues like the EAC. I don't think they'll be deploying anything since they're a economic block. Somalia could easily leave through a future leader and I think it's possible that may one day happen.

Last edited:
Leave to what? 30+ years of limbo like our northern friends. Let's not get it twisted Puntland has a right to be angry at the state of things but somalis need to get this idea of "I'm independent" out of their head. The international community is not going to accept it, they don't want to deal with more than 1 Somalia and redrawing African boarders opens a whole can of worms. Issues regarding the constitution and autonomy will probably be debated for months if not years and I don't think they'll be drastic change. The state won't suddenly centralize when it's at a shaky state. We'll be discussing this issue for a long time and concessions will be made.

As for issues like the EAC. I don't think they'll be deploying anything since they're an economic block. Somalia could easily leave through a future leader and I think it's possible that may one day happen.
No evidence to suggest the west cares about 1 Somalia policy. Puntland have a better case than Somaliland in terms of ethnic wars being targeted by Somali government and how their kingdom was destroyed .

Me neither, I want them to remain semi-autonomous for the time being. I’m just concerned about the foreign/EAC troops situation. With the constitution changes the president will have the authority to send them anywhere he wants if he needs to.

Culusow cannot send foreign troops to us, because we would consider it an invasion and wipe them out, the same way we have destroyed every aggressive force that tried us. Puntland must leave and leave South Somalia, aka AMISOMIA, to its own devices.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Hag destroyed Somalia and any trust there was,we never had any hopes for HSM the south is a lost cause let them keep atmis untill 2080

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
No evidence to suggest the west cares about 1 Somalia policy. Puntland have a better case than Somaliland in terms of ethnic wars being targeted by Somali government and how their kingdom was destroyed .
You think the west gives a shit about all that. They're not keen on redrawing African boarders and dealing with the endless amount of wannabe nations that come with it.

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
Somalis really need to let go of this "I will start my own country" mindset. There are multiple countries with multiple ethnic groups that have suffered worse but somehow Somalis with one ethnicity and religion still want to split Somalia even further.
Just because things are not going well now does not mean it will remain so in the future. Multiple presidents from Puntland (Farmaajo, A.yusuf e.t.c,) have led Somalia and thus have contributed to the state Somalia is in at the moment. You don't get to just pack your things and leave.
We need to get our shit together as one unit rather than having 5 small and poor countries that fight for aid.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Somalis really need to let go of this "I will start my own country" mindset. There are multiple countries with multiple ethnic groups that have suffered worse but somehow Somalis with one ethnicity and religion still want to split Somalia even further.
Just because things are not going well now does not mean it will remain so in the future. Multiple presidents from Puntland (Farmaajo, A.yusuf e.t.c,) have led Somalia and thus have contributed to the state Somalia is in at the moment. You don't get to just pack your things and leave.
We need to get our shit together as one unit rather than having 5 small and poor countries that fight for aid.
I’m pretty sure Farmajo is from JL not PL but I agree with the rest of what you’re saying. I do find centralists to be hypocritical when they criticize separatists though. Both are enemies to Somalia not in the interest of Somali people. Federalism with a separation of powers between the FGS and FMS, and an independent supreme court that can hold them both accountable is the only way forward imo

*Edited to better reflect what I actually meant

Last edited:

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP

First of all, Farmaajo is NOT from Puntland. He's a Kacaanist from Cabudwaaq and Gedo.
Secondly, Puntland is NOT responsible for men from other regions who refuse to unite and keep their own houses safe. Oh yes, we do get to leave, because we are not babysitters who have to clean other people's messes. As I type this right now, there are clan wars raging in South-Central and an MP called for a clan war in Hiiraan.

Can everyone be held accountable for their own homes? If my neighbour can't make peace with his 5 wild children, is it my job to intervene? Or should I close my door and ignore them?

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
Can everyone be held accountable for their own homes? If my neighbour can't make peace with his 5 wild children, is it my job to intervene?
YES. You should be held accountable.
Instead of advocating for a stronger federalism, you think being a country is the answer.
As I type this right now, there are clan wars raging in South-Central and an MP called for a clan war in Hiiraan.
This is the result of an incompetent leader we have in Xamar. He is a terrible leader but i.a once we get educated and capable leaders in power, we would be stronger as one big unit rather than 5 smaller countries that are constantly on the brink of collapse.
As i stated before, almost all our leaders are uneducated folks that were either diaspora taxi drivers or money hungry businessmen. Their lack of political knowledge is very evident once you see them on the international stage.
Or should I close my door and ignore them?
This "us vs Them" mindset is what caused the destruction of Somalia to begin with. If a war breakouts in Puntland tomorrow, Imagine if the people down south ignored you and left you to fend for yourselves. I expect every Somali both north and south to try and defuse the situation.
If people only focus on problems in their own state, it will lead to animosity and further separatist movements in Somalia.

Why is every other country in the world (USA, Spain, Germany, Kenya) much better at thinking like one cohesive unit than Somalia. Arabs already left qabyaalad in the 1800s but you will see dumb Somalis fighting for their clan. smh

Last edited:
Majority of Puntland are strong Somali nationalists unlike Sambusastan. In fact the GSL (Greater Somali League) was founded in puntland. You have a few hotblooded people screaming about seceding but most know that’s stupid