Why isn’t PL leaving?

Hello fellow Somalis, I’m not an expert in Somali politics or any politics in general. However, i tune in from time to time or hear from my parents how the country is doing.

I have been keeping up a bit too much in the past couple of months and today we hear that the ATIMS troops aren’t actually leaving they are rebranding and staying under different name, and with the country moving towards centralization the president can deploy those troops if he wants. Not to mention the EAC which in their charter is written that they can also send in their troops whenever they need to, just like how they are doing in DRC.

like I said I’m not an expert but Somalia looks like they are headed to becoming a neo-colony babysat by these troops. They clearly have no interest in solving the al shabab problem they have yet to free one land from them. I’m saying that is because I saw that a clan took up arms and succeeded in freeing some of their lands from al shabab. They want to tell us with all their intelligence and backing they can’t do that? they’ve been in the country since like 2012? What have they achieved other than the sexual assaults and collaborating with the al shabab in their charcoal trade?

I don’t know if PL can survive alone nor do I know if they are politically corrupted too, I’m just wondering because I found out that they have the option to leave (and I guess SL will automatically leave too idk) but are our politicians weighing their options right and taking this seriously?

This seems like the last stop. The people the wrote the constitution and put that option knew something or were expecting things might really not work out, otherwise they wouldn’t have put that option or thought about it. (please don’t turn this into a hate I’m genuinely wondering and in no shape or from I’m praising AY here)

I still want greater and free Somali peninsula but we are so far from that than we were in 1977. I’m just being a realist the politics back home is so depressing. I don’t want to see another Somali land under the mercy of these mercenaries (I might be biased because I’m from there but even if I weren’t I still wouldn’t want that)

This Twitter account (@/ dqdelite) I came across (sadly she tweets in Somali a bit hard to read) raises great concerns and it is what made me genuinely wonder and come on ramble here.

the other thing is, correct me if I’m wrong, with centralized government the states won’t be able to develop their regions as the funds would go the central gov right? If that’s the case all the states would be waiting for hamar to develop them, this could take so much time, we are not 3 million anymore like we were in 1960s/1970s and concentrated in few places, it would be impossible to delegate all of the things to a central government.

how do you think things are headed? would this be a good choice or just another mistake and regret? And are the PL politicians studying this constitution?

and please do not turn this into a fight 😭💀

Last edited:
That is all being assessed and concrete action will be taken. However, I don’t discuss internal Puntland politics on Somali spaces. Brother remember this you have been part of a functioning Somali government for only 30 years probably even less. And we are still able to maintain relative peace despite handicapping ourselves. I’m very confident that Puntland can manage their affairs and be successful. The last 30 years have only exposed each group’s qualities and we can now learn from that.
IMG_0168.jpeg
IMG_0168.jpeg

They have a sizeable presence in Kismayo and thus anchored with Somalia. Not to mention they are like 50% of the Darood population in Somalia and the defacto leaders. Individual Darood sub clans like Marexaan, Ogaden and Dhulbahante can stand alone as sub clans against neighboring clans but MJ are the glue who links them all together in pursuit of greater Darood interest.

They have a sizeable presence in Kismayo and thus anchored with Somalia. Not to mention they are like 50% of the Darood population in Somalia and the defacto leaders. Individual Darood sub clans like Marexaan, Ogaden and Dhulbahante can stand alone as sub clans against neighboring clans but MJ are the glue who links them all together in pursuit of greater Darood interest.
Not just kismaayo sxb, we have a presence in lower jubba as a whole

Attachments

• 4B90361E-BA95-481D-A086-94C72A055FBC.jpeg
    4B90361E-BA95-481D-A086-94C72A055FBC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
Yes my mom’s family is from kismayo but few of them moved to PL after 1991, and others went back in later years to kismayo. I didn’t know that’s one of the reasons they don’t want to leave. Also What’s greater darood interest exactly?

Yes my mom’s family is from kismayo but few of them moved to PL after 1991, and others went back in later years to kismayo. I didn’t know that’s one of the reasons they don’t want to leave. Also What’s greater darood interest exactly?
Have you heard of Vinland?

That is all being assessed and concrete action will be taken. However, I don’t discuss internal Puntland politics on Somali spaces. Brother remember this you have been part of a functioning Somali government for only 30 years probably even less. And we are still able to maintain relative peace despite handicapping ourselves. I’m very confident that Puntland can manage their affairs and be successful. The last 30 years have only exposed each group’s qualities and we can now learn from that. View attachment 316450View attachment 316450
Insha’allah everything will be khair and good for all Somalis.

Darood interest vs the rest of Somalia or other clans. Example 2013 establishment of Jubaland. Puntland supported Ogaden led Jubaland state despite HSM rejection and Raxanweyne plans for a 6 regions SWS that includes their extensions in Jubaland to create a Super May Region. The recent support of Dhulbahante during their war with Isaaq in Lascanood was also for greater interest of Darood in Somalia. When Farmajo tried to extend his term and centralize the Somali government which would later give Hawiye a greater leverage over Federal Member States they immediately allied with everyone to bring him down. I have no doubt PL will also reject the current modifications of Somali constitution aimed at extending the president's power.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Hello fellow Somalis, I’m not an expert in Somali politics or any politics in general. However, i tune in from time to time or hear from my parents how the country is doing.

I have been keeping up a bit too much in the past couple of months and today we hear that the ATIMS troops aren’t actually leaving they are rebranding and staying under different name, and with the country moving towards centralization the president can deploy those troops if he wants. Not to mention the EAC which in their charter is written that they can also send in their troops whenever they need to, just like how they are doing in DRC.

like I said I’m not an expert but Somalia looks like they are headed to becoming a neo-colony babysat by these troops. They clearly have no interest in solving the al shabab problem they have yet to free one land from them. I’m saying that is because I saw that a clan took up arms and succeeded in freeing some of their lands from al shabab. They want to tell us with all their intelligence and backing they can’t do that? they’ve been in the country since like 2012? What have they achieved other than the sexual assaults and collaborating with the al shabab in their charcoal trade?

I don’t know if PL can survive alone nor do I know if they are politically corrupted too, I’m just wondering because I found out that they have the option to leave (and I guess SL will automatically leave too idk) but are our politicians weighing their options right and taking this seriously?

This seems like the last stop. The people the wrote the constitution and put that option knew something or were expecting things might really not work out, otherwise they wouldn’t have put that option or thought about it. (please don’t turn this into a hate I’m genuinely wondering and in no shape or from I’m praising AY here)

I still want greater and free Somali peninsula but we are so far from that than we were in 1977. I’m just being a realist the politics back home is so depressing. I don’t want to see another Somali land under the mercy of these mercenaries (I might be biased because I’m from there but even if I weren’t I still wouldn’t want that)

This Twitter account (@/ dqdelite) I came across (sadly she tweets in Somali a bit hard to read) raises great concerns and it is what made me genuinely wonder and come on ramble here.

the other thing is, correct me if I’m wrong, with centralized government the states won’t be able to develop their regions as the funds would go the central gov right? If that’s the case all the states would be waiting for hamar to develop them, this could take so much time, we are not 3 million anymore like we were in 1960s/1970s and concentrated in few places, it would be impossible to delegate all of the things to a central government.

how do you think things are headed? would this be a good choice or just another mistake and regret? And are the PL politicians studying this constitution?

and please do not turn this into a fight 😭💀
I advocate for puntland remaining semi autonomous during these times since the rest of south is still a bit unstable but I don't advocate for outright independence because if you look at somaliland they are a good example of what happens, being in a hellish perpetual limbo of being a De facto state as well as being targeted by ethiopians due to their vulnerable position that's why I think that puntland should try putting some more resources into helping stabilise the rest of Somalia which the entire somalia is near doing due to not many clan wars nowadays and alshabaab in small tiny enclaves and overall become a interim semi autonomous state where we slowly reintegrate and centralise under the new federal constition that I think is currently being drafted and then work as one to eliminate the alshabaab threat and integrate the unionist states that don't want to be apart of somaliland (SSC and Awdal)

Darood interest vs the rest of Somalia or other clans. Example 2013 establishment of Jubaland. Puntland supported Ogaden led Jubaland state despite HSM rejection and Raxanweyne plans for a 6 regions SWS that includes their extensions in Jubaland to create a Super May Region. The recent support of Dhulbahante during their war with Isaaq in Lascanood was also for greater interest of Darood in Somalia. When Farmajo tried to extend his term and centralize the Somali government which would later give Hawiye a greater leverage over Federal Member States they immediately allied with everyone to bring him down. I have no doubt PL will also reject the current modifications of Somali constitution aimed at extending the president's power.
Ohhh that’s kinda sick anyways thanks for the thorough explanation

I advocate for puntland remaining semi autonomous during these times since the rest of south is still a bit unstable but I don't advocate for outright independence because if you look at somaliland they are a good example of what happens, being in a hellish perpetual limbo of being a De facto state as well as being targeted by ethiopians due to their vulnerable position that's why I think that puntland should try putting some more resources into helping stabilise the rest of Somalia which the entire somalia is near doing due to not many clan wars nowadays and alshabaab in small tiny enclaves and overall become a interim semi autonomous state where we slowly reintegrate and centralise under the new federal constition that I think is currently being drafted and then work as one to eliminate the alshabaab threat and integrate the unionist states that don't want to be apart of somaliland (SSC and Awdal)
Me neither, I want them to remain semi-autonomous for the time being. I’m just concerned about the foreign/EAC troops situation. With the constitution changes the president will have the authority to send them anywhere he wants if he needs to.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Me neither, I want them to remain semi-autonomous for the time being. I’m just concerned about the foreign/EAC troops situation. With the constitution changes the president will have the authority to send them anywhere he wants if he needs to.
The African Union troops and other foreign troops are leaving but there is no news of EAC deploying troops although I hate us joining the eac I know well enough we only joined it due to somali businesspeople operating in those countries lobbying with the somali government to join so they can protect their assets so it's mainly a economic type of thing.

L
Darood interest vs the rest of Somalia or other clans. Example 2013 establishment of Jubaland. Puntland supported Ogaden led Jubaland state despite HSM rejection and Raxanweyne plans for a 6 regions SWS that includes their extensions in Jubaland to create a Super May Region. The recent support of Dhulbahante during their war with Isaaq in Lascanood was also for greater interest of Darood in Somalia. When Farmajo tried to extend his term and centralize the Somali government which would later give Hawiye a greater leverage over Federal Member States they immediately allied with everyone to bring him down. I have no doubt PL will also reject the current modifications of Somali constitution aimed at extending the president's power
MJ need to start dealing with and supporting historical enemies as in an alliance they always have more to prove. Friend and family or prone to jealousy and envy which can later be used against you.

There is no such a thing as Darood interest. Our interests are not monolith and the prove of that is Madoobe changing alliances. Also, the clan that is supposedly the link between Darood had no choice but to support Ogaden in fear of getting kicked out of Kismayo, but Ogaden did not need them because Somalis do not respect or fear anything other then AK47, hence, why JL exists today, countless young Ogaden men fought to recapture it and maintain its existence today.

There is no such a thing as Darood interest. Our interests are not monolith and the prove of that is Madoobe changing alliances. Also, the clan that is supposedly the link between Darood had no choice but to support Ogaden in fear of getting kicked out of Kismayo, but Ogaden did not need them because Somalis do not respect or fear anything other then AK47, hence, why JL exists today, countless young Ogaden men fought to recapture it and maintain its existence today.
Why don’t you free another city?

Trending