Why doesn't Puntland use the Osmanya script?

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
This is not the 1900s where you had less technological advancement.

It is very easy to stick Osmanya letters on a Western qwerty keyboard. These stickers cost next to nothing and will last for years on a keyboard. You can mass produce this shit in China for pennies.

On phones, they are all glass nowadays and it is very easy to add Osmanya functionality to android phones.

There is no excuse not to use.

On top of this all, 2022 marks the centennial of the Osmanya script. Perfect timing.

I am going to write a strongly worded letter to Puntland's ministry of education.

The PL government cannot afford it and will not sign off on a measure that will ruin their literacy rates.

It will also ruin any progress in the education sector.

The UN, EU and IC will collectively lose their shit as they collaborate with PL/FGS on the curriculum and the textbooks.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Nigga Stfu I Rather Have a Script Writen By A Somali Hand Who Even Brought Region/Qabil Into This, Reer Magaal

Most of the world doesn’t use a script written by their own hand.

England/US/Australia all use a script that originated in Italy.

Who cares about your pride when nearly the entire population will become illiterate overnight if Osmanya is introduced.

You don’t care because you will never have to face becoming virtually illiterate if this is introduced. You put your qabyalaad obsessed ego ahead of Somalis back home.

Apollo

VIP
The PL government cannot afford it and will not sign off on a measure that will ruin their literacy rates.

It will also ruin any progress in the education sector.

The UN, EU and IC will collectively lose their shit as they collaborate with PL/FGS on the curriculum and the textbooks.

Osmanya script is easy as hell to learn. They are not Chinese logograms. It is an alphabet and it is even superior to the Arabic script due to having separate symbols for short and long vowels and not harakats that get omitted causing lots of confusion and hampering literacy.

It takes max a day to learn it and probably less than two weeks to get used to it.

A 3 year transitionary period can be used for people to get used to it before it fully switches over.

Most of the world doesn’t use a script written by their own hand.

England/US/Australia all use a script that originated in Italy.

Who cares about your pride when nearly the entire population will become illiterate overnight if Osmanya is introduced.
Who Said We Gonna Disregard The One We Have Already We Can Still Use Both

This script is easy as hell. They are not Chinese logograms. It is an alphabet and it is even superior to the Arabic script due to having separate symbols for short and long vowels and not harakats that get omitted causing lots of confusion and hampering literacy.

It takes max a day to learn it and probably less than two weeks to get used to it.

A 3 year transitionary period can be used for people to get used to it before it fully switches over.
Ain't The Population Under The Age Of Sixteen

:cosbyhmm: :cosbyhmm:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
This script is easy as hell. They are not Chinese logograms. It is an alphabet and it is even superior to the Arabic script due to having separate symbols for short and long vowels and not harakats that get omitted causing lots of confusion and hampering literacy.

Yeah but the government will have to fund this learning campaign which will become difficult financially and logistically.

They will have to request the UN and EU for amendments to the Somali curriculum textbooks.

All of this just for Somalis to continue writing in the Latin script when using social media.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Not even from my clan (in Puntland they go by sub-sub clans) and I still support it because it is just cool. :mjlol:

I wasn’t mentioning you bro. You’re just quirky but this nigga wouldn’t care about Osmanya if it wasn’t from PL.

Apollo

VIP
@Periplus

Central Asian countries recently all dumped the Russian Cyrillic script as a populist move to distance themselves from Russia.

Puntland could do the same (boost populist nationalist feels). :rejoice:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
@Periplus

Central Asian countries recently all dumped the Russian Cyrillic script as a populist move to distance themselves from Russia.

Puntland could do the same (boost populist nationalist feels). :rejoice:

Half of them at least are oil or gas rich.

Puntland can’t even afford to vaccinate its entire population. It’s priorities are different.

This is not the 1900s where you had less technological advancement.

It is very easy to stick Osmanya letters on a Western qwerty keyboard. These stickers cost next to nothing and will last for years on a keyboard. You can mass produce this shit in China for pennies.

On phones, they are all glass nowadays and it is very easy to add Osmanya functionality to android phones.

There is no excuse not to use.

On top of this all, 2022 marks the centennial of the Osmanya script. Perfect timing.

I am going to write a strongly worded letter to Puntland's ministry of education.

I use this keyboard to write in Osmanya.

Those of us whose parents are from Puntland and who wrote using the script, want to use it, even if it's alongside a Latin Script.

It's part of our heritage and we don't want to lose it.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Im sure at the least they can make it an official language and make bigger literacy campaigns later on.

Plenty of places have two scripts/alphabets.
I wasn’t mentioning you bro. You’re just quirky but this nigga wouldn’t care about Osmanya if it wasn’t from PL.
Everyone will always love their people.

If people do not support there tribe in wrong theres nothing wrong with it. The shame of qabiil for diaspora is similiar to white people and their white identity.

Im sure at the least they can make it an official language and make bigger literacy campaigns later on.

If people do not support there tribe in wrong theres nothing wrong with it. The shame of qabiil for diaspora is similiar to white people and their white identity.

Some people don't want people to love their own people, their own regions and then they actually also expect 'Nationalism'. Nationalism is the same thing as loving your qabiil, but on a macro-scale.

Yaabka yaabkiis.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP

Puntland and the FGS should focus on buying vaccines or any sort of medication or food supplies before they even consider this.

Its so tone deaf that in a place where people are starving we are considering throwing money on this.

This is why I hate qabiil, it’s a fucking cancer that ruins a person.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Some people don't want people to love their own people, their own regions and then they actually also expect 'Nationalism'. Nationalism is the same thing as loving your qabiil, but on a macro-scale.

Yaabka yaabkiis.

Nationalists are equally as bad as qabiilists.

But qabiilists have done more damage to Somalia and there are more qabiilists than nationalists.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP

Yaabka yaabkiis.
Its a copy paste of western race concepts.
Puntland and the FGS should focus on buying vaccines or any sort of medication or food supplies before they even consider this.

Its so tone deaf that in a place where people are starving we are considering throwing money on this.

This is why I hate qabiil, it’s a fucking cancer that ruins a person.
Firstly Qabiil is a Sunnah and core of our culture, Qabyalad is a cancer. Nothing done in this thread was qabiilist.

Secondly even if you dont believe its viable to be taught it becoming an official language is not in any way a large cost.

You dont even seem to be against the script just that people from the same qabiil support the script.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Firstly Qabiil is a Sunnah and core of our culture, Qabyalad is a cancer. Nothing done in this thread was qabiilist.

Secondly even if you dont believe its viable to be taught it becoming an official language is not in any way a large cost.

You dont even seem to be against the script just that people from the same qabiil support the script.

If people here would genuinely support Osmanya if it wasn’t made by members of their own qabiil, I’ll retract my statement about tribalism.

But the fact of the matter is that when we have more threads about this topic than about vaccine purchasing or respirator purchases says a lot.

If these people are so adamant that PL should spend money, why don’t they advocate for bread subsidies which will probably cost the same and feed people.

I care about the average PL resident, these people care more about PL’s image.