Why doesn't Puntland use the Osmanya script?

Apollo

VIP
So it can boost Puntland nationalism and sense of identity. It would be a cool populist move a leader can make.

Other Somalis also would feel jealous that another group of Somalis are using their own cool script. Win win.

:diddyass::hmm:

Apollo

VIP
It kinda similar to the ethiopian script, so no

It does not. Only to the untrained idiot's eye. It has totally different origins.

And it was invented by a Somali from Puntland.

I would really love if Puntland could make it its official script and force everybody in Puntland to use it or get fined. :banderas:

I would be 100% behind it. I’m seeing more people using it on twitter. The only issue is it is associated with a clan according to some Somalis

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
It does not. Only to the untrained idiot's eye. It has totally different origins.

And it was invented by a Somali from Puntland.

I would really love if Puntland could make it its official script and force everybody in Puntland to use it or get fined. :banderas:
1642168405278.png

1642168357530.png

Apollo

VIP
I would be 100% behind it. I’m seeing more people using it on twitter. The only issue is it is associated with a clan according to some Somalis

That may be a benefit for now.

It is easiest to convince the Puntland government to adopt it.

Afterwards other Somali regions may be convinced after seeing it being successfully used in one Somali region.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Osmanya is BS and impractical.

There is a reason why the SYL, UNESCO and the Kacaan all disapproved of this script.

People only like Osmanya because they see it as part of their β€œillustrious qabiil history”.

Imo we should either stick with the Latin script or go back to the wadaad script that Somalis used for centuries.

There is a reason why the SYL, UNESCO and the Kacaan all disapproved of this script.

People only like Osmanya because they see it as part of their β€œillustrious qabiil history”.

Imo we should either stick with the Latin script or go back to the wadaad script that Somalis used for centuries.
:sass1: :draketf::draketf:

Apollo

VIP

This is not the 1900s where you had less technological advancement.

It is very easy to stick Osmanya letters on a Western qwerty keyboard. These stickers cost next to nothing and will last for years on a keyboard. You can mass produce this shit in China for pennies.

On phones, they are all glass nowadays and it is very easy to add Osmanya functionality to android phones.

There is no excuse not to use.

On top of this all, 2022 marks the centennial of the Osmanya script. Perfect timing.

I am going to write a strongly worded letter to Puntland's ministry of education.

Trending

Latest posts