Why do some Somali women have double standards

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
Most Somali women from both the West and Somalia are shamed from birth to wait on their husbands like servants. Where are these feminist Somali women that you speak of? They are a tiny minority.

Most Somali men on the other hand are broke, unreliable, and useless. Maybe you losers should fix up first before putting out any demands.

I can't name 1 thing poorer then a Somali man lool :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
It's a hot topic when there are people with this toxic mentality. "I want a traditional spouse but I don't need to be traditional." No, the world does not work that way.

Do you want a traditional husband? Then carry out your required duties by being a traditional wife and fulfiling your traditional gender roles.

I was mainly pointing out the double standards among the diaspora community.
Listen even if women were to go half on everything you know damn well she will end up doing more chores around the house than her husband. I don’t expect a Faraax who was raised not to lift a hand to scrub the toilet every other night. At the end of the day each couple is different, it’s best you have a talk with your partner before getting married, would paying majority of the house bills and helping out with chores work while she helps you financially with few things like grocery shopping or little house needs. You have to find what works because we know this 50/50 doesn’t necessarily work.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Listen even if women were to go half on everything you know damn well she will end up doing more chores around the house than her husband. I don’t expect a Faraax who was raised not to lift a hand to scrub the toilet every other night. At the end of the day each couple is different, it’s best you have a talk with your partner before getting married, would paying majority of the house bills and helping out with chores work while she helps you financially with few things like grocery shopping or little house needs. You have to find what works because we know this 50/50 doesn’t necessarily work.

Who said I want a modern relationship? I've already found a woman who is traditional.

You completely misunderstood my point. All I was stating was there are hypocritical women out there who want traditional husbands but aren't willing to be traditional themselves.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Somali men are not traditional.

Is it traditional to be
  • unemployed
  • terrorists
  • gangsters
  • drug dealers
  • be on welfare/hoyo's basement?

Somali men are very traditional. Just because that is what your family produces doesn't mean all Somali men are the same.

You can slander them all you want but western statistics doesn't agree with your lies. They're a small minority. Majority of Somali men are hard working and family oriented.

Stop. Why do we argue about such petty shit. Our country is literally deteriorating every year and all you guys care about is shit like this. In 100 years we will be like the kurds with no country, truly sad.
Cause are leaders are selling it off to our enemies but were stuck on qabil defending these losers who only care about themselfs

Nowadays xalimos can be your mother instead of your wife. Furthermore, some xalimos treat their husband like as if he is a child. I.e case in point ,ilhan Omar and her unemployment ex husband .

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
lol the Xalimos defending this hypocritical mindset using the "fix your country" excuse as if all of us are from Mogadishu is hilarious. You got owned, deal with it.

I agree with you somewhat but I also what to make a point. A lot of men think like this but it's actually not true. Marriage actually benefits men more than women.

In most marriages, women work and contribute financially to the household and finances are legally shared as a unit.

However, women 9/10 times take on more of the burden than men in marriages. Women work in addition to taking on most of the domestic work in the household. Women do most of the cleaning, cooking, and child care. This essentially means they have a full time career when they go to work and a full time career when they come home.

Most men do not fulfill their equal share of the household duties so it is unequally distributed between husband and wife. This provides more relief for men but more stress for women. If you come home from work and know that your wife will take care of most of the dishes, laundry, getting the kids ready for bed, etc then that creates more time for you to relax after work, while the wife has to continue working. You half-way washing one dinner plate and hidding your two day old drawers under the bed does not count as house work.

The example the Prophet left us is of marriage as an mural relationship, were the couple don’t go tit for tat, the Prophet use to take part in household chores. There’s going to be times were you wife is pregnant with your child or recently gave birth and the humane thing to do would be to take on her burden in housework like cooking and cleaning.

The most honorable one isn’t the one who demands his rights in full but the one tries his best to fulfill the one other have upon him.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
Somali men are very traditional. Just because that is what your family produces doesn't mean all Somali men are the same.

You can slander them all you want but western statistics doesn't agree with your lies. They're a small minority. Majority of Somali men are hard working and family oriented.
statistics agree with me lol.

I agree with you somewhat but I also what to make a point. A lot of men think like this but it's actually not true. Marriage actually benefits men more than women.

In most marriages, women work and contribute financially to the household and finances are legally shared as a unit.

However, women 9/10 times take on more of the burden than men in marriages. Women work in addition to taking on most of the domestic work in the household. Women do most of the cleaning, cooking, and child care. This essentially means they have a full time career when they go to work and a full time career when they come home.

Most men do not fulfill their equal share of the household duties so it is unequally distributed between husband and wife. This provides more relief for men but more stress for women. If you come home from work and know that your wife will take care of most of the dishes, laundry, getting the kids ready for bed, etc then that creates more time for you to relax after work, while the wife has to continue working. You half-way washing one dinner plate and hidding your two day old drawers under the bed does not count as house work.

The example the Prophet left us is of marriage as an mural relationship, were the couple don’t go tit for tat, the Prophet use to take part in household chores. There’s going to be times were you wife is pregnant with your child or recently gave birth and the humane thing to do would be to take on her burden in housework like cooking and cleaning.

The most honorable one isn’t the one who demands his rights in full but the one tries his best to fulfill the one other have upon him.
Yes but marriage is designed for women just like child bearing

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!

Wow this is nothing but facts! So true! A somali man with caqli :ahh:

Never wait on lazy women to do anything for you sxb but do it yourself

“Marriage benefits men more than women.”
I lol’ed at that wallahi.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Who said I want a modern relationship? I've already found a woman who is traditional.

You completely misunderstood my point. All I was stating was there are hypocritical women out there who want traditional husbands but aren't willing to be traditional themselves.
I get your point one shouldn’t ask the husband to pay the bills and still ask 50/50 on chores but what I was trying to get at is it doesn’t happen that way, put aside the posts on anonymous forum most Somali women do end up taking care of the house whether she is career woman or not. Btw you definition of “traditional” seems unrealistic unless the girl you are marrying is not a career woman, you would have to help.

Last edited: